• Projects:coding, AI-coding , just a bit for my networkgaming

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:38 PM

Thank you for welcoming me ^ ^

I don't know if I'm able to do that^ ^ :p
I'm not so good at coding ^ ^ only a bit

I dont know where I can find the arrows
to scale them down wouldn't be the problem

"it would be better if each faction had their own weapon upgrade "
- I didn't disbelieve that but I think these arrows look more like jets of water than arrows ^ ^ :D
what about arrows that gleam silver but what you can inditificate as arrows ^ ^

and of course I'd like to hear Nazgûl's opinion ^ ^

Edited by Colonel of War, 19 October 2008 - 06:42 PM.

If you discover any misspellings, you are allowed to keep them!

#402 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 19 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

Thank you for welcoming me ^ ^

I don't know if I'm able to do that^ ^ :p
I'm not so good at coding ^ ^ only a bit

I dont know where I can find the arrows
to scale them down wouldn't be the problem

"it would be better if each faction had their own weapon upgrade "
- I didn't disbelieve that but I think these arrows look more like jets of water than arrows ^ ^ :D
what about arrows that gleam silver but what you can inditificate as arrows ^ ^

and of course I'd like to hear Nazgûl's opinion ^ ^

Well, they are silverthorn, so silver would be cool. A thinner stream in silver. Also the Hobbit rocks could be thinner and gray or something.
Greetings, community.

#403 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

Hobbit rocks could be darker gray, almost black, with really short streams. Silverthorns with long streams are really annoying...
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#404 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

The long streams don't bother me so much, but I don't think they should be so wide.
Greetings, community.

#405 Feanor High King

Feanor High King
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 12:17 AM

Hey Nazgul,

This is the same guy from the RTSC forums.

I searched a little bit and didnt find anything that discussed the matter and i dont know excactly if you already took care of it, but........i would really like to see Glorfindel improved. He was a very powerful elf and even lived during the Fall of Gondolin in the 1st Age sacrificing his life to slay a Balrog and later returned to Middle Earth after being reincarnated. The Witch king fled from him on sight and later on it was shown that the Witch King didnt even mind going toe to toe with Gandalf. If you want quotes I can provide :p

Now I also understand that you have to balance everything, but it was just a suggestion. Thanks

#406 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:02 AM

G'day ss

Not a nad idea but don't lancers by nature have heavy armor? I kind of thought they would need the saddles and all to keep them stability on the horse.
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#407 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:07 AM

Hey Nazgul,

I searched a little bit and didnt find anything that discussed the matter and i dont know excactly if you already took care of it, but........i would really like to see Glorfindel improved. He was a very powerful elf and even lived during the Fall of Gondolin in the 1st Age sacrificing his life to slay a Balrog and later returned to Middle Earth after being reincarnated. The Witch king fled from him on sight and later on it was shown that the Witch King didnt even mind going toe to toe with Gandalf. If you want quotes I can provide :p

Now I also understand that you have to balance everything, but it was just a suggestion. Thanks

I agree. He should be about as powerfull as Gandalf. Maybe if you just increased his armor, damage and health, and gave him another power, like whirlwind, maybe? I don't know what you could do to balance it, though.
Greetings, community.

#408 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 01:13 AM

Here, we had a majorly heated discussion about Glorfindel's powers... Check it out.

#409 Guest_guest_Hobbit Hunter_*

Guest_guest_Hobbit Hunter_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:29 PM

Here, we had a majorly heated discussion about Glorfindel's powers... Check it out.

Wow and thats only heated :p. Anyway interesting powers, I like em! :facepalm:

#410 Mordor Slayer

Mordor Slayer

SEE Marketing Manager

• Project Team
  • 1,424 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition

Posted 19 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

Hey Nazgul,

OT: Hello and welcome to the forums! To clarify, it was me who you saw at RTSC, Mordor Slayer. I'm the Marketing Director, Nazgul is the mod leader :blink:.

Back on topic, he was indeed a very powerful elf, and should get some buffs. The only problem is that we still need early/mid game heroes...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#411 Hobbit Hunter

Hobbit Hunter
  • Members
  • 96 posts
  • Projects:none

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:28 PM

Right I know i'm gonna get shouted at for wildly jumping off the direction of the suggestion thread BUT (and yes I know i'm ressurecting an idea from page three or whatever) how do Mallorn trees gather resources? Its just been bugging me for ages. There are loads of elven farms or houses on maps but no EA descided LETS BUILD A TREE! Now I like the tree and all but for the sake of realism can we have a farm? Edit: Plz dont kill me I know I did'nt read the to do list.

Ok now for part two. Is it just me or do early game elven archers suck. Yes I know all early archers suck but elves...... it just doesn't seem right to have elven archers wiped out by goblin swordsmen who just charged through 50 metres of arrows. (Ok mabe thats a bit exaggurated) I know the game isn't balanced but thats just my thoughts.

Finnaly can we have elven archery cavalry. I know thats a bit hopeful or wild but think about it. Elves like horses, Elves like bows put the two together and BAM! Awesome unit. I guess it could have pretty low health and have to rely on running away but that just my two cents. ( Or two of whatever currency you want for that matter) :p

Edited by Hobbit Hunter, 07 December 2008 - 09:24 PM.

Posted Image
Dont get between a Hobbit and his Hunter, guess where the arrow is gonna hit?

#412 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:11 AM

Yea I mean really Elves should have the best early game. But really late game their quite invisible when you have their upgrades, heroes leveled up and The eagle leader is so deadily. Not much can stand toe to toe with them late game except Mordor of course.
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#413 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:50 AM

@ Hobbit Hunter: I guess the bows-horses thing was why EA added Lindon Horse Archers in RotWK. :p

#414 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:16 PM

- I might replace the current Elven Cavalry with Cavalry Archers as I too think the Elves should be mostly about archers. They could still be able to crush their enemies too...

- Hobbits and Arwen make up for this factions eary game heroes

- Even the weakest elven archers will be better than goblin archers. It's all about balace - that has still to be perfected

- Mallorn Trees will be replaced with Elven Farms, and the trees will be made into something else. Perhaps Sentry Towers (chaep fast alternatives to Battle Towers)

- Glorfindel will be polished as well, when balance is perfected

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#415 Arthadan

Arthadan
  • Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:36 PM

Well, I think it depends on the role the cavalry would play in the army. In a light infantry army with plenty of footmen with long bows I think a heavy assault unit (as mounted lancers) would be much needed or they would have serious problems against heavy armoured enemies. Unless you want to have the two types of cavalry, of course...

Nazgûl, I suppose it would be pointless to beg you again to remove the Hobbits...
And then Elrond led the heroic charge of the Noldorin warriors, veterans of the Last Alliance, and they advanced alongside the Galadhrim archers...oh, yeah and those little fatty guys from the Shire too.

:thumbsupsmiley:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#416 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

Maybe you can code the ai that it doesnt build so many of them?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#417 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, we will limit all "spam" units for next beta =)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#418 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

Perhaps the elves could work as the, how to learn the game, faction.
Moderate costs for buildings, upgrades and units, and quite some power. To balance it, you can increase the CP costs as well.

It's just an idea :thumbsupsmiley:
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#419 Aragorn King Elessar

Aragorn King Elessar
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

Perhaps the elves could work as the, how to learn the game, faction.
Moderate costs for buildings, upgrades and units, and quite some power. To balance it, you can increase the CP costs as well.

It's just an idea :thumbsupsmiley:

I think that the elves are meant to be harder to use and rely more on tactics rather then brute force
Posted Image

#420 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 January 2009 - 09:06 PM

*marker*
(Up until here - this thread has now been checked for useful items to put into the ToDo List!) :wink_new:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users