What would you like to see with them? Here are the boundaries I'd like to set with them:
1) They will stay within the 100-200 cost of a normal battalion (100 preferred to be the goal)
2) They build quickly, so they will most likely be your first unit out.
3) At level 1, they should should not be able to take out a full battalion of Uruks, but they should be able to take out a battalion of Mordor Orcs.
4) They have the valuable use as a spy.
5) Lastly, a level 10 hobbit should be able to take out a battalion or a combo of uruks with the appropriate tactics, but still should not be able to kill higher level heroes 1v1.
I'd like to hear what you'd like. Powers, specializations, let me know?
Some generic ideas to start off:
Pippin - Firecracker - ignite an area in flames.
Sam - The lovable Fryingpan - stuns an enemy hero
Update with ideas that I'm leaning towards:
Initial powers for all:
1) Toggle Weapons (Sword & Rock)
2) Elven Cloak (Debating whether to move to Level 5, I like the initial spy capability)
The passenger capability is included I believe and I will be allowing the mounts wherever possible. (Gandalf, Treebeard, etc.) Now one thing to keep in mind - I will have powers that benefit between hobbits (Merry & Pippin, etc) but they will only work in MP and Campaign as you will not have the hobbits together outside of this. In contrast, I might have them give a bonus to the others if any of them are around, thus when all 4 are together they benefit from each other's presence.
3) Phial of Galadriel
4) Bilbo's Gifts (Armor, Heatlh increase, and I might attempt to do a texture change, but I'm not the best skinner)
5) Use of the ring (an ability for him to use the ring when found while taking it back to the fortress)
3) Frypan - Stuns/Paralyzes Unit/Hero (Almost like a cross between freeze and cripple)
4) For the Old Gaffer - High Temporary boost to power
3) Heroes of Gondor (Texture change and bonuses based on the PP power)
4) Troll Bane (Increase attack against Monsters)
5) Draw of the Palantir (Does 2 things if I can get it to work properly, you can see anywhere on the map with the palantir and the enemy can see the area around pippin)
3) Esquire of Rohan (I'd really like to beg Cel to use his model/texture, but I might have to do this another way.)
4) Dagger of Noldor (Throws dagger at enemy, causing high damage)
5) Nagzul Strike (Has the capability to cripple & nearly kill a nazgul/witchking, but also takes a paralyzing hit.)
3) Longevity (Health increase)
4) Campfire (Similar to Well of Galadriel/Goblin Totem powers)
5) Desire for the Ring (temporary model change, terror, attack power %+)
Also, to give you the idea, I'm planning on using Frodo & Gollum in a different way to capture the rings on some specific maps. (Basically any map that I modify to begin with which might be all of them in the end). So Gollum would be a special hero for every evil faction and Frodo a special hero for every good faction. If you do not build them, you will not find the ring. I thought about using Bilbo for this purpose, but I think Bilbo fits much better with the dwarves than Frodo does. And the struggle between Frodo and Gollum in LotR works as well.
I also am thinking of giving the Good factions the option of destroying the ring in some fashion. (I've not figured out the best way.) If they do this, they do not gain the ring hero, but instead gain a power over evil factions....
Edited by robnkarla, 16 July 2007 - 04:43 PM.