• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Starmie

Starmie
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  •  He of the night

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:04 PM

Why did you decide to put drop-pods into the mod? They're very much a Tiberian timeline element (think Mission One of TS) and they're a little bit...clichéd. I can understand them being used by the FF as they seem to be, well, futuristic, but even so. Don't get me wrong, I like drop pods, but I wonder.

Mind you, I'm no modder, so my opinion doesn't really count for much.
Team completion - 25%

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 19 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

Drop Ships arn't soley from Tiberian Sun, they are in many films and sci-fi games. It not like he thought "hey, it's in TS ill use it" (well he may have done), but I agree it is clich[Insert French letter]. But TBH It is sometimes hard to think of things to add that are interesting, since almost everything YR can do has been done already and your creative thoughts get clouded by popular games and films.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:48 PM

What OmegaBolt said. It's nothing to do with them being in Tiberian Sun, after seeing Arg's drop pod graphics on YR Argentina I had thought about adding Drop Pods for a while, and when the logic appeared in the RockPatch, I went for it. Besides, I needed something more unique to make up for the F.F. using the Chrono Sphere super weapon as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#4 Starmie

Starmie
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  •  He of the night

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

Touché (more French). Mind you, drop-pods have been seen yet again in Tiberium Wars.

EDIT: I've just checked to see what exactly comes out of it. 5 Soldiers and 3 Jumpjet Troopers? Seems like too long a wait for too little force - a small enemy group would be able to wipe them out pretty easily. Six minutes for eight soldiers is a fairly long wait, but I suppose it saves you about 3000 credits.

EDIT 2: The presence of the Banshee suggests a lack of good/suitable aircraft voxels or a link to the Tiberian universe. Which is it?

Edited by Starmie, 24 July 2007 - 06:02 PM.

Team completion - 25%

#5 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,947 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

Seems like too long a wait for too little force - a small enemy group would be able to wipe them out pretty easily. Six minutes for eight soldiers is a fairly long wait, but I suppose it saves you about 3000 credits.

Yeah, but I didn't want people to just do what the AI did in Firestorm, keep calling in the pods in their base till it was full of infantry.

The presence of the Banshee suggests a lack of good/suitable aircraft voxels or a link to the Tiberian universe. Which is it?

I reserve the right to remain silent on that one.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#6 Starmie

Starmie
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  •  He of the night

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:41 AM

I shouldn't have asked. Keep the storyline secret, just please don't product-place.
Team completion - 25%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users