LordIstari

title available

• Hosted
  • 288 posts
  • Projects:Age Of Men
  •  Age Of Men BosS

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:26 PM

Ents vs Catapults

what do you think creat: ents for rohan faction or other type of siege like chariot with ballista or catapult,or mybe mobyile catapult with 2 horses? maybe today i add battaring ram for rohan (he must move 4 horsmen)
ps: ents remove from elves (all about this in Elves topic)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Russian modding, Age of Men Team
AoM Site

#3 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:25 AM

Horse-moved catapult and battering ram makes most sense to me. Since the ents didn't have ANYTHING to do with Rohan.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#4 gamehuntera

gamehuntera
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

No. They fought in 2 battles: Helms Deep and Isengard. And this was battles versus Rohan enemy - isengard forces. But catapults and other also can be (btw, there no notes about rohan siege weapons in book).

#5 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

Helms Deep weren't Ents, it were Huorns. Hm well, I can live with the fact that there isn't any mentioning of Rohan Siege Weapons in the books or movies. If I remember correctly there also isn't mentioning of Gondor siege weapons - yet they got a trebuchet :/.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#6 gamehuntera

gamehuntera
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 01:12 PM

Huorns are ents. As mad people are people. They only have aggresive character.

I agree with siege katapults and other for rohan but! It could be very difficult to create design of these machines with good style quantity. It's not easy. And one of most important questions - what will rush siege machines? People, horses, or, maybe, some kind of buffalo? And what will they rush - catapults or something different?

#7 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 17 August 2007 - 02:57 PM

Huorns=Not ents :p They are much like Ents but why would they be called Huorns if they are ents ?

#8 gamehuntera

gamehuntera
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 03:23 PM

Also i can say: noldor are much like elves but why would they be called noldor if they are elves? It isn't really important, better think about siege machines.

#9 seraphes

seraphes
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 02:36 AM

why not both ents and catapults and put some sort of scipt that if u make one u cant make the other?
''I think, therefore you are''- Ergo Proxy

#10 Thorongil45

Thorongil45
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:48 AM

i like the idea of a horse-pulled catapult
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:20 PM

I'm not so sure, I say just keep ents, alternatively you could create some kind of rohirric style ballista.

OT: sorry to go off topic and I know this doesn't belong here, but can you have have more than one mod on a particular game (RotWK)?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#12 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

Yes, you can have more than one mod per game, but only as long as the use the -mod shortcut. This method keeps the mod files outside of the normal game area so they do not affect normal game-play.

Robert J.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users