Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 03 August 2003 - 05:48 PM

Welcome to my Robot Storm mod forums...

This is an all new mod for Yuri's Revenge and features many new units and balance tweaks along very formidable AI.
The Mod itself has been in development for quite some time and recent limited beta testers allowed have been impressed and without further delay some details:

New sides
Nexus (robots)
Terror League
Slave army

current new sides contain all new arsenals instead of being traditional country with few additions.

Nexus units:

Robo Tank Mk.II
Shredder
Ripper Tank
Drone Miner
Adv. Robo Tank (think robo apoc :lol: )
Predator
Sky fortress
Stalk Bomber
Terminator
Nexus Engineer

and alot more details later along the other two sides arsenals and existing country special units and general additions as well pics so stay tuned!
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#2 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 05:51 PM

thats just the preview, cuz I have a feeling this mod will kick ass. If you see some of the screens.

#3 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 03 August 2003 - 05:57 PM

thats just the preview, cuz I have a feeling this mod will kick ass. If you see some of the screens.

Hehe, and those lucky enough will get to beta test it along those lucky ones that have already played it. :lol:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#4 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 12:43 AM

I think this mod is actually fine, It's better than 75% of the mods out there, I've seen some screens and looks great.

#5 Destroyer

Destroyer

Byte me

• Members
  • 2,305 posts
  • Projects:Having fun
  •  Just this guy, you know?

Posted 04 August 2003 - 05:03 PM

I like the looks of those small tanks

#6 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 01:50 AM

post moreeeeeee lol

#7 Volkov

Volkov

Everybody's Favorite Android

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm. I do stuff.
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:04 AM

lol, I have some screenshots, I just dunno if I have the authorization to post em :lol: hehe
Posted Image

#8 Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon

>.<

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:19 AM

now how big will the download for this mod be?

#9 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:14 AM

Latest beta is about 33,4 mb exe launcher and next beta probably final beta is most likely as big unless I decide to remove few music tracks.. unpacked and launched mod takes about 60mb or so :lol:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#10 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 05 August 2003 - 06:37 AM

Oh and Mod has support for your own 10 custom tracks and RA2 music tracks to give user more music selections if wanted.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#11 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:14 AM

how did two UFO's screw you :? I assume there was more.. it looks good though, we need some more information like a web site. Also does volkrov have a explosive sniper rifle?
The cameos are dead nice but some of them don't fit in. Like the B2 cameo looks blurry and the text box hasn't been darken its just black or blended in :? Although the chrono prision and weather tank look ace :lol:
Posted Image

#12 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 06 August 2003 - 10:18 AM

cool, excellent screenshots although the underside of the sky fortress is wierd... the plasma balls look kinda like those 10 p tomato crisp balls :? maybe use blue plasma balls to fit with allied colour screen? Also I though that fist of nexus thing didn't have a buildup? Maybe thats just me but good.
Posted Image

#13 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:27 PM

Well, the plasma cannon weap for the sky fortresses got scrapped and replaced by laser.. the fist of nexus building does have buildup which is ok but due to it using different size it builds up a bit funnily.. will see when I get time to fix that too... too busy adding stuff hehe... latest addition kamikaze aircraft carriers along under going testing of new secret allied weather based unit but not weather storm one :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#14 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:05 AM

Devastor impact graphics and general attakc power needs serious balancing... the allies better have a decent heavy armor tank as the mirage armor is poor and battle too slow...
Posted Image

#15 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 07 August 2003 - 10:57 AM

Looks ace!

Robot Tank cameo sort of stands out because it looks different to the other cameos. Nice work though. Is there only 2 of you doing it?

#16 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:16 PM

In regards to robot tank cameo.. I presume its mainly becos its WW one...
Actually I only work on the mod and rest are beta testers.

Devastator attack power has been reduced to half in latest version and besides what screens tell you... Devastator is an terror league unit only.

And other major units are under balancing as we speak and testing and actually devastator anims are bigger than actual damage hehe. maybe I'll resize it down a bit... :D

Anyways balance is the purpose and things not in balance are fixed when found in online games...

Soon a closer look on slave army units along terror league... stay tuned :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#17 Tratos

Tratos

title available

• Project Team
  • 562 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:25 PM

If you want it i have a half size dem truck explosion (the big green chemical explosion) that you can use.
Posted Image

#18 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:37 PM

Well, I was referring to the nukeball impact anim I use for devastator heh heh....and why the ground is all full of radiation is cos when devastator goes down it blows up with small nuke.. the actual weapon of tank doesn't use radiation.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#19 Volkov

Volkov

Everybody's Favorite Android

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm. I do stuff.
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 09 August 2003 - 07:53 PM

I've been able to make some more screenshots lately :D...here is one.
Posted Image

#20 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 09 August 2003 - 08:45 PM

Nice ;)

They don't look like they are hovering much though. Just standing in mid-air :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic