Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:03 PM

It has been mentioned before yes :mellow:

However, I can for the life of me not recall seeing the White Hand on the Fighting Uruk-hai. On berserkers and scouts maybe, but not the army?

About the hair: yes I'll ask Ed to give them their hair :shiftee:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#202 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 02 February 2009 - 11:52 PM

It was there, yeah. A lot :shiftee:

#203 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:20 AM

I just yahoo'd uruk hai shield, and didnt see any pics with the white hand on the shields, but for the sake of coolness, maybe it could be a random skin.

#204 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:14 PM

My memory is failing me. Could someone post some screen caps plz? :p

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#205 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 07:48 PM

I don't recall any thing on their shoulder either.
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#206 Grig

Grig
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:02 PM

Only Uruk I remember with the hand was the one who had it imprinted on his face and that was the leader of Sarumans Uruks from FOTR - the one that went up against Boromir

The Dark is patient...

The Dark is generous...

And it always wins...

But in the heart of its power lies weakness...

It takes but a single candle to hold it back...

Love is more then a candle...

Love can ignite the stars.

#207 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

Just spent a good half hour looking for refrence shots of uruk shields, I found a site that has the actual armour from the film and it does not have the hand on it.

#208 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

I had an idea for Isengard siege. For the ram you can have the sow upgrade. A sow for those of you who don't know click this link. It's the top cover above the ram. Uruks could then push it if it were on wheels. Also Isengard should have trolls I think, Games workshop says they do anyway.#

Just some of my ideas.
Posted Image

#209 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

No Trolls belong to Mordor and will stay with Mordor.
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#210 KrApYl

KrApYl
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:12 PM

Ya...i don't see why he want trolls for Isengard :/
Posted Image
Posted Image
Against the power of Mordor there can be no victory

#211 Adamin

Adamin
  • Project Team
  • 180 posts
  • Projects:Edain Mod
  •  Skinner, 2D-Artist, Isengard-Freak

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:22 PM

Well, no idea about how much the new uruks have been redone already. I just give some suggestions. ^^

Now the CaH-parts really rock and if they don't press too much on the games speed, then you really made one of the best animated version of the Uruk-Hai I've ever seen.

But somehow they don't completely look to me like the evil soldiers I saw on the movie. Somehow their proportion of bodysize and armorsize don't fit quite well. The breastplate and shoulderplates are way to small for this giant chest. In my opinion a true fighter of the white hand has to look like this:
http://i2.photobucke...hiwithgolum.jpg
(ignore his litte companion ^^)

The shoulderplates and breastplate somehow looks much more massive. Also the chainmail is longer and parts of the naked legs a hidden under his leather-tunic.
(The hair was already mentioned by enough people.)

If the SEE-Uruk-Hai would look just like this one, they would be perfect without a doubt. ^^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien-
"Obstacles are those terrible things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
-Unknown-

#212 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

I don't know if this has been changed already for the upcoming beta but I really think the Warg riders should have varying skins. I mean they look alright already but if they didn't all look the same and perhaps some carried different weapons e.g. spears like in the GW models they would be much better. I don't even know if it's possible but I know some units have different skins such as orcs so I presume you can do it with anything.

@ Adamin: I agree completely.
Posted Image

#213 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:52 PM

I had an idea for Isengard siege. For the ram you can have the sow upgrade. A sow for those of you who don't know click this link. It's the top cover above the ram. Uruks could then push it if it were on wheels. Also Isengard should have trolls I think, Games workshop says they do anyway.#

Just some of my ideas.

Just like in Medieval II TOtal War eh :unsure: I have it, that (the sow) is a good idea.
Wait... what?

#214 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:26 AM

Just some of my ideas.

Just like in Medieval II TOtal War eh :unsure: I have it, that (the sow) is a good idea.

I have the game too, they have that type of Ram all through history I think. Possibly just a ram with wheels would be great, just like in LoTR Conquest.
Posted Image

#215 Adamin

Adamin
  • Project Team
  • 180 posts
  • Projects:Edain Mod
  •  Skinner, 2D-Artist, Isengard-Freak

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:16 AM

They shouldn't have a medieval sow, but a group of Uruk-Hai with huge shields which protect the ram. Just like they did in the movie. ^^
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien-
"Obstacles are those terrible things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
-Unknown-

#216 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:07 PM

They shouldn't have a medieval sow, but a group of Uruk-Hai with huge shields which protect the ram. Just like they did in the movie. ^^

Or if that isn't possible just some Uruk shield above it to make the 'sow'.
Posted Image

#217 Prince of the Dark Forest

Prince of the Dark Forest
  • Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:22 PM

During the siege of Helm's Deep, the Uruk-Hai went into a shield formation where they would lock their shields above their heads protecting them from arrows. I know Gondor soldiers have a similar defensive formation, so could this be implemented with Isengard?

Also, I think the sow would be a great idea, but it shouldn't be too big, perhaps just covered with a few shields like some others have suggested. Perhaps the sow could be an upgrade purchased at the Siege Works which increases defence or something?
Ignited into the world in a flash of lightning, it gleams faintly in the heart of its mother, wood. It begins as an ember, a mere wisp of heat and colour. Its chance of survival at this critical moment is minute, yet it fights on, against the unforgiving cold, against the depths of night and against its mortal enemy: rain.

#218 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:01 PM

From what I could tell, the Uruks weren't protecting the ram. Rather, they were just walking up the ramp and the ram started pushing in between them, knocking some of them off.
Greetings, community.

#219 Tonarion

Tonarion
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Projects:Finding Ideas for Nazgul´s Special Extended Edition

Posted 23 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

I have two ideas which actually spread into each other:

1. Is it possible to replace the trees and the green ground on the Isengard map (too peaceful scenery in my opinion) with fissures and cranes and all the things seen in the movies?? It would look quiet better with some furnaces, uruk pits and warg pits aren´t it?? ;)
I know the Lumber mills would get pretty useless, because you must build them outside, defend them with units you may need for your army and so on.

But if its possible it would be cool ;)

2. Then , when this can be done, it maybe is possible too to make the same things for the normal isengard fortress. when you use the upgrade which is shown by a gearwheel (forgot the name sry ;) ) some cranes appear INSIDE the fortress. it would look cooler if they appear outside right???

I dont know if such a thing is possible, im no moddeler, i just have some ideas :closedeyes:

Tonarion

WE ARE THE FIGHTING URUK-HAI!!!!

Posted Image March to Helm´s Deep, leave no one alive!!!!

#220 Skipper 24

Skipper 24
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:57 PM

I have two ideas which actually spread into each other:

1. Is it possible to replace the trees and the green ground on the Isengard map (too peaceful scenery in my opinion) with fissures and cranes and all the things seen in the movies?? It would look quiet better with some furnaces, uruk pits and warg pits aren´t it?? :)
I know the Lumber mills would get pretty useless, because you must build them outside, defend them with units you may need for your army and so on.

But if its possible it would be cool :p

2. Then , when this can be done, it maybe is possible too to make the same things for the normal isengard fortress. when you use the upgrade which is shown by a gearwheel (forgot the name sry :p ) some cranes appear INSIDE the fortress. it would look cooler if they appear outside right???

I dont know if such a thing is possible, im no moddeler, i just have some ideas ;)

Tonarion

Perhaps look here
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users