• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:43 PM

As some of you know we will be adding new Tech Structures to Sudden Strike. The Tech Structures will be Tech War Factory, Tech Barracks, and Tech Radar. These Tech Structures will appear on random maps and on new maps which will incorporate these.

From Tech War Factory you will be able to build tanks, from Tech Barracks, Infantry and Defensive Structures and from Tech Radar Pad you will gain radar coverage and there will be a small pad on it which will allow you to build a small chopper, a carryall chopper.
Note: These tanks will not be available in beta yet, not untol we have developed all of them.

My Plans for Tech War Factory is to have:
-a basic tank(read under)
-a anti air unit(read under)
-a transport(read under)
-a more of a defensive unit(need suggestions)
-a 5th extra unit(need suggestions)

This is the first tank I had in mind for Tech War Factory so far....

-The First Tank I had in mind is the SMS (Skyguard Missile System) it is a rather small fast and lightly armored mobile tank that will quicky move around the Battlefield to shoot down Aircraft, It's missiles cannot be aimed at ground targets only at Air Targets. This small system can do alot of damage for it's size. You can build each one of these for a cost of $600 a piece which requires you to build Tech War Factory.
You can see the picture of it down under. It's air missiles wont be that strong but this thing will have a very long range.

-The second thing I had in mind is the Jaguar Light Tank, its is basically weaker than the Lasher Battle Tank and Abrams/Rhino but it is fast, has fast rate of turn and costs $600. This tank will have a bigger advantage over the other Basic Tanks because it will have a better build speed, it will build 20% faster than it should.

-The third unit I had in mind is a Groundhog. This is the Tech Transport. This subterreanean drill has the ability to transport up to 6 troops, 6 GIs, or 3 Brutes. This unit will go underground and can popup anywhere and attack your tanks/structures, the drill can rip through tanks pretty well and spins(if we get HVA to work it like that) when it moves/attacks. This strategic transport and a unit drill will cost $1000

We need 2 more units, a more of a defensive unit and a 5th unit. That is where I need your suggestions. Also comments/suggestions on these ones that I have thought of. The Jaguar Light Tank and the Groundhog images will be posted later

#2 Dark Dragon

Dark Dragon

>.<

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:23 AM

hold up, i thought u said you lost the war fac shp u were doing when u formatted, did you?

#3 L'Chaim

L'Chaim

Yeah, I'm still alive)))

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Odysee, First Rain

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:42 AM

my suggestions:

1.Hepard Recon Bike -- the fastest ground unit in game. It is armed with both AA and AG missiles (a bit more powerful then IFV's). I have already made this voxel.

2.Replace School Bus with Cargo Truck. I mad the voxel of soviet KAMAZ truck, maybe it will be useful.

3.Armored Car maybe...

but i think that we (or Sydr0) should make a new rulesmd.ini, using the capture pack. And each side (not country) will have its own unique units, when capturing tech war factory.

btw think of tech naval yard...
aka Jah
Bloodlusty? Have fun! ApocRacer v1.1

#4 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 05 August 2003 - 10:30 AM

Thats last comment is pretty smart, uh well for defensive unit...
- guardian -
it's a small mech. Its weapons are are MG's and AA/AG missiles, its highly effective against men and vehicles (maybe use HollowPoint2/SABOT warheads?) but useless against buildings. Has heavy heavy but slow moving.
- peacekeeper -
Long ranged missile unit, fires peacekeeper nuclear missiles that use the RA1 Nuke Anim, very slow ROF and buildlimit = 1 but excellent range and firepower..
Posted Image

#5 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:14 AM

hold up, i thought u said you lost the war fac shp u were doing when u formatted, did you?

Yes I did but I am making a new one :D

1.Hepard Recon Bike -- the fastest ground unit in game. It is armed with both AA and AG missiles (a bit more powerful then IFV's). I have already made this voxel.  

I like this unit, and this will probably be going into it. What we'll do is make it very lighty armored and give it AG only Machine Guns. It will be the fastest unit in the game, and have a even larger sight than Drones/Humvees do. we'll take more suggestions

2.Replace School Bus with Cargo Truck. I mad the voxel of soviet KAMAZ truck, maybe it will be useful.  

and what will this Kamaz Truck do? be open topped? we'll see

3.Armored Car maybe...  

lol something more creative :D

guardian -  
it's a small mech. Its weapons are are MG's and AA/AG missiles, its highly effective against men and vehicles (maybe use HollowPoint2/SABOT warheads?) but useless against buildings. Has heavy heavy but slow moving.  

Great suggestions AG, I hate Mechs and I dont have ANY in Sudden Strike, but this could be a exception, ehehheh.

peacekeeper -  
Long ranged missile unit, fires peacekeeper nuclear missiles that use the RA1 Nuke Anim, very slow ROF and buildlimit = 1 but excellent range and firepower..

ahmm naw, we already have too much Nuke stuff, Terrorists/Fury Tanks/Nuke Arty, no more needed.

Another Defenisve unit I was thinking is the Mine Layer, it would be invisible, it would place invisible mines, it would only uncloak when it places the mines and would be decloaked if it fired at anything(possibly give it a new weapon). Although overused it would be a great defensive unit. Imagine placing tons of mines on every choke point round ur base.

Big Jah, Tech Naval Yards are a excellent idea, however there are a few problems, we need to make Engineers swimable, not to mention new swimming frames for them. I am not up to make this, unless you are, if you want, cuz I dont mind not having a Tech Naval Yard in the mod.

Also we should be more of naming these Tech Units with creative Animal names

#6 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 06 August 2003 - 08:46 AM

uh... eagle or something for the guardian as it symbolises peace, america, used by allies, etc.

And as for another unit...
Viper
Cloaked/Mirage unit, light armor, long range chemical weapon (maybe green devil tongue flame?) that melts armor and men, has death weapon which spreads gas..
Posted Image

#7 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 03:08 PM

yahhh, we shouldnt be really naming stuff according to sides, let's keep it more neutral, and we could try naming stuff according cool Animal names. Like as you see Groundhog and Jaguar

#8 MaperRiz

MaperRiz

title available

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:59 AM

Allies like the cat family most.
Hoooiyyy~

You'd think I wouldn't come, eh?

I'm baaaaaackkk!!!

#9 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  •  Modder

Posted 08 August 2003 - 10:04 AM

Okay... on topic how about turtle? It a vehicle which deploys into a heavily armored sphere which has some form of advanced laser weapon..
Posted Image

#10 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 03:06 PM

hmmm that sounds good, I was also thinking some mobile defenses. Kind of like a vehicle that deploys into a cannon some sort and then undeploys back into the vehicle. This could be a nice defensive vehicle.

#11 L'Chaim

L'Chaim

Yeah, I'm still alive)))

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:02 PM

I can make engie with that raft... same as Boris... :D
aka Jah

#12 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 01:09 AM

lol with a raft? hmmm why dont u stick it on one of those round amphibious rafts, kind of like what laotze's irridator does, but heyy we're not gona include this for a WHILE, so no need to do it yet, maybe in 2-3 months possibly but not now.

So anyone have any other better defense units other than the Mobile Defenses and Mine Layers?

#13 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 August 2003 - 05:41 AM

How about very slow moving Grand Cannon Tank? :D
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#14 L'Chaim

L'Chaim

Yeah, I'm still alive)))

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:13 PM

AFAIR Firestorm made such voxel
aka Jah

#15 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 12:53 PM

Hmm, yahh that was my suggestion. A mobile defense. A normal vehicle with possibly a basc cannon gun and deploys into a defensive structure.

• Guests

Posted 17 August 2003 - 05:02 PM

Mobile Missile DEF (must deploy to defend)

#17 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 06:12 PM

yes something like that, wut you guys think about this idea?

• Guests

Posted 17 August 2003 - 10:32 PM

I think I'll make robot tanks and such :)

If you dont mind I'll start making things for China or somethin...After all that and Japan are great with robots 8)

~Japan ; EMP Tank (similar to Nuke Cannon)
~China ; Devestator (Similar to Overlord, carries 5 of any infantry)

~Fallout Co. ; Pin Missile Storm (Special Weapon, small & thin Missiles that can penetrate almost everything, high damage...really big recharge rate)

8) What do u think?

#19 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 02:14 AM

i am confused :( :? , who is this for, lol you wanna be more explainable:?:

#20 L'Chaim

L'Chaim

Yeah, I'm still alive)))

• Members