#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 July 2007 - 09:45 AM

Well, as the topic says, I'd like to hear any and all ideas for the powers/upgrades/anything that you might be interested units/heroes/spellbook.

A couple of specific things I'd like to hear Evil Men hero powers, but anything that you would like to see I'd like to hear. I'm going through and trying to piece together each portion for 1.05.03 and wanted to open up what I'm planning to suggestions.

#2 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 10:30 AM

More heroes for angamr
(Elves) It should be fun if you can build eagels as a unit or something like that. I know you can build one from the fortress but it would be funnier if you can have more than one, insted of buildning 3 fortresses.

#3 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

for heros for angmar there should a dark ranger hero
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#4 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:29 PM

Ive got a couple of ideas for evil men powers:
Lvl: 15
Sandstorm: a power with a small/medium radius that does lots of damage to units but not very much to buildings in the area for ... twenty seconds maybe?

Oasis: place a well (except that it looks like a oasis) anywhere on the map that heals your units (maybe make it heal ALL evil men to make players place it carefully). Only heals units not in combat. Not sure whether it should be permantent or not.

Desert Raiders: A summon power that brings out ... what else but desert raiders :shiftee: . A calvary horde(s) that fights like a weakened rhun rider but also has a speical long trigger power that they can throw a torch at a building, doing good damage.

Lvl 10:
Viper!: A viper darts out of the sand to bite a disturbing unit! Not sure if this would work, but maybe place a trigger trap that severly injures the next unit to pass through the area, but you cant place it underneath a spot units already are. Sort of like arrow volley, but more damaging to heros/builders and doesnt trigger at will.

Poisoned Water: Small area affect, poisons groups inside severly.

Cheiftains of the East: Gives all heroes a stackable leadership radius for a medium period of time OR summons a movable harad banner that gives good leadership.

Lvl 25:
Never surrender!: Based on the fact that at both the Battle of Pelennor Fields and the Black Gate, when the orcs fled the warriors of the south and east continued to fight until they died. Major, Major power boost, but units movement is extremely restricted (very slowed or cannot leave certain area) making it impossible to flee

Monsters of the Desert: Summons a variety of desert creatures to fight. One wild Mumak that does extreme damage to units, a wild version of the boar-things pulling grond that does medium damage to both units and buildings, and maybe another monster that does good damage to buildings. basically a variety of creatures from the desert.

Sry, but I ran out of Ideas for Lvl 5 powers :grin: I dont know if your still looking for evil men hero names ( I dont have .02 yet) but maybe... Ryshta?

Edited by Zyzzyva, 26 July 2007 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#5 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 26 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

Lvl 5:
Horn of the Mahud: a small buff like war chant
Desert Sand: summons a desert terrain that gives bonus to allied units on it

Lvl 25:
Desert Heat: like the Sun Flare from Elves
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#6 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

mumak captain powers? hmmmm.

lvl 1 - Captain of Haradwaith - attack leadership
lvl 3 - Horn of Harad - boromir horn
lvl 4 - Mount Mumak - (starting on a mumak would be op imo.)
lvl 6 - Storms of Harad - the sucking power that angmar had in power tree and galadriel now has.
lvl 10 - Summon the charge - like flood, but with mumaks :grin:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#7 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

For the Elves: maybe replace bombadil; Summon Dwarven/Rohirrim Allies or maybe Summon Last Alliance Allies.
Last March of the Ents(don't know if this one's around; if not could also be rohirrim as well); All Allied Ents gain small speed boost, greatly increased damage, increased range, a decrease in defense, for about thirty seconds.
I think Gil Galad could be another elven hero or Arnorian.

For Evil Men: Second Tier Power (10 pp): Summon Mordor Allies, Summon Harad Battle Tower (like Lone Tower, probably more of a first tier (5 pp)
Maybe a ranged Hero?

Edited by Sword_of_the_North, 26 July 2007 - 05:53 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

Great ideas so far!

I have some fun things lined up for the blue wizards, but there what ideas do you have for powers for them? I'd like to give them something different. (Have 2 slots open for them)

#9 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 26 July 2007 - 05:58 PM

summon scorpions? idk, i cant really think of anything now :grin:. maybe you should tell us what you already have for them

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#10 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

Well, I would like to, but this is one of those things that I have to finish testing what is possible and what is not.

Some things for the blue wizards that I can mention:

Ignite - Basically what is states, light a fire and instantly ignites the area in flames
Replenish - a heal for the sorcerers to replace the acolytes
leadership for socerers - adds benefits to them and their spells

Those are some basic stuff that I had lined up for them to split.

#11 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 06:34 PM

MAybe A tier one power passive "Answer the Call": (of Mordor) plus speed for all evil men infantry

For the Blue Wizards:

Wraith Warriors - turn a small radius of YOUR warriors into wraiths (like well of souls but maybe permanent or more powerful or early lvl spell)

Sorceror Cloak - like CaH disgiuse

Summon Sorcerors - what the name suggests

Cursed Swords - Gives infantry in a small radius poison attack and plus attack

Wizard Slash - high power single unit attack

Sand Beasts - Creates Monsters out of Sand

That good?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not. It is wisdom to recognize necessity, when all other courses have been weighed, though as folly it may appear to those who cling to false hope. Well, let folly be our cloak, a veil before the eyes of the Enemy! For he is very wise, and weighs all things to a nicety in the scales of his malice. But the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power; and so he judges all hearts. Into his heart the thought will not enter that any will refuse it, that having the Ring we may seek to destroy it. If we seek this, we shall put him out of reckoning.
-Gandalf

#12 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:26 PM

For the Blue Wizards: Blood Lightning- Basically a move like the CaH Ball Lightning, except red and does more damage to living enemies (i.e. Gondor Soldiers, Goblin Archers, etc.) has normal effect on nonliving enemies (i.e. Ringwraiths, Trebuchet, etc.), Little effect on structures

Desert Sun- Like Sun Flare, except more anti-unit, than anti structure

Fires of the East- Like Saruman's Fireball attack, but more powerful, blue, and no knock back.

Summon Rhunic/Harad Allies- Summons a few battalions of Rhunic/Harad Units, or Two battalions of each.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Elves: Yavanna's Blessing- Permanately increases Resources produced by a targeted Mallorn Tree to 300% (like Dwarven Riches) (replace Arrow Vollley?)

Farsight to Elven Eyes- all Elven units have an extended Sight Range for thirty to sixty seconds.

For Arwen: Summon Rivendell Lancers(Lvl 10)- Summons three battalions of Rivendell Lancers (Mounted only).
For Legolas: Summon Mirkwood Archers (lvl 10)- Summons three battalions of Mirkwood Archers.
-or- Prince of Mirkwood- all nearby Elven Archers Gain increased Range and RoF

Edited by Sword_of_the_North, 27 July 2007 - 03:50 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 26 July 2007 - 08:40 PM

Illusions; creates a bunch of fake units that can't attack but can run around and act like diversions.

Istari Wisdom; gives experience or some other boost to units

Istari Bolt; A ranged attack that does splash damage.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#14 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:25 PM

Elves: Put Tom Bombadil as a heroe insted of a power, Build eagles as a unit, but just 3 eagles at the time (insted of build them in the fortress).
Mordor: If you build the fellbeast upgrade before you build Nazgûls, I think you would get nazgûls with feelbeast as an option directly when they arrive. (sorry for the grammar). And orc warrior should not be for free, let them cost about 20-30.
Angmar: More heroes (black archer heroe)?
Rohan: More sieg than ents. Build hobbits as a unit, let them cost about 10-20 and they are good against resources.

Edited by Jepa, 26 July 2007 - 11:26 PM.

#15 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 26 July 2007 - 11:53 PM

the prob w/ tom as a hero is u now need powers 4 him, and another elven power in the spellbook. and the fact that the elves hav a TON of heros alredy and they in no way need any mor.
if leves r a unit, u hav 2 make a new bilding 4 them 2 bild frum, and it mite get a bit op, as they can alredy summon 2 of them.

no real comments on the mordor 1 as im in luv w/ the current nazgul system. :p

dark dunedain hero 4 angmar is a pretty good idea if sum1 can com up w/ a name and sum powers.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:41 AM

the prob w/ tom as a hero is u now need powers 4 him, and another elven power in the spellbook. and the fact that the elves hav a TON of heros alredy and they in no way need any mor.
if leves r a unit, u hav 2 make a new bilding 4 them 2 bild frum, and it mite get a bit op, as they can alredy summon 2 of them.

no real comments on the mordor 1 as im in luv w/ the current nazgul system. :p

dark dunedain hero 4 angmar is a pretty good idea if sum1 can com up w/ a name and sum powers.

But it takes 100 years to get nazgûlz with fellbeast :( And I didn`t thought so far with the elves sorry for that XD Does it not exist some dark ranger in the book you could steel a name from? One power for him could be freezing arrow thats makes an other heroe imbolized for a short moment. And he could summon a small horde of rangers (thoose one in angmar). stuffs like that i don´t really know if thats a good idea but XD some more ideas for the heroe?

Edited by Jepa, 27 July 2007 - 12:44 AM.

#17 Zyzzyva

Zyzzyva
  • Project Team
  • 158 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:52 AM

Captain of Angmar? Black Numenorian who has bow and sword and some other powers? You wont find a real book hero, their only mentioned for a few pages. Even Kharsh and Rogash are made up, and Morgomir is assuming he had another Nazgul with him. Name could be.... Aktashiketh? Akhindoral? Ak- something anyway, means lord i think
Posted Image

Posted Image

-Gandalf

#18 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:59 AM

Zyzzyva's rite, they dont really ever mention names for them or specifics lik that.
good power ideas tho.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Jepa

Jepa
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2007 - 12:23 PM

A couple of name for the heroe:Dor Daedeloth, Drûg, Falathrim, Adûnaic, Adûnakhôr. I think the name should be Adûnaic because is an nùmenor. Check this link and you will see :blush: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ar-Adûnakhôr

If you don´t like the names, here you got a list of all the name in middle earth. http://en.wikipedia....-earth_articles

I missed this link: http://en.wikipedia....lers_of_Númenor this link is for all númenors :xcahik_:

And some more ideas for the game, I think you should create an own númenor heroe. With bow, axe, sword or spear ?!? Powers for him toggle weapon, freezing arrows, heal, give allies experience, invusibility, call reinforcement things like that hope you like my ideas ^_^ or :p I like my idea with the name ;)

Edited by Jepa, 27 July 2007 - 12:30 PM.

#20 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 27 July 2007 - 03:03 PM

Men of the West:

New Heroes:

King of the Dead
Cost- 5000
Cp given- 100
Strength- Can cause a huge amount of damage and strikes fear into enemies
weakness- Easily weakened by heroes (Aragorn, Gandalf, Radagast, Blue Wizards, WK, Karsh, Drogoth , king dain, saruman, glorfindel, and Elrond) and fire/silverthorn/poison arrows

Powers:
Level 1: The Way is Shut- Send fear down your enemies spines (Like terrible Fury)
Level 3: The Dead Blade- A single Powerful strike capable of severly wounding hero
Level 7: We fight- All allies near the King gain +50% attack and +75% defense
Level 10: Swarm- Send a wave of dead troops (like the shade of the wolves power were wolves are shot forward)
Level 10: Living Allies- Summons Legolas and Gimli to aid Gondor for a short time (starts recharging after they die)

Halabard
Cost- 1000
Cp given- none
Sterngth- Gives a great amount of leadership to rangers
Weakness- has a low defense so he should never lead an attack

Powers:
Level 1: Toggle weapon
Level 4: Leader of the Dunedain: All Rangers near Halabard gain +25% attack and +25% defense
Level 7: Secret Protector of the Shire- Allows to become stealthed for a short amount of time

New Buildings:

Erech Stone
Cost- 6000
Allows Training of Dead Units
(You are only allowed to build one and when its destroyed it can never be rebuilt)

New Units:

Dead Warriors:
Cost- 700
Weak against what the King is weak against
Cp needed- 50

Dead Archers
Cost- 700
Weak against what the King is weak against
Cp needed- 60

Knights of Death
Cost- 1500
Weak against what the King is weak against plus spears