Ask the modders

• Please log in to reply
854 replies to this topic

#61 Fuh Q

Fuh Q
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:33 PM

in the movies, it's just plain wood... so it is here... Personally, I haven't checked it out to much, but I think it's very much alike the movie one :) And if you don't, compare the men that use it :p

the ones in the movie would be unique to minas tirith.. not every gondor camp would have dem huge ones
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#62 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:36 PM

doesn't matter... EA didn't make very good trebuchets, so we make new ones :) Or, by we, I mean the ones who did them... Especially Cahik :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#63 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:51 AM

I've got a question...will more music be imported from the Movie Sound Tracks? Because the (roughly) 8 minutes of custom music we've got for each faction right now would burn out pretty fast..
That, and I'd love to hear some of the songs not provided in the vanilla game.. :p
Cheers,
-mike

#64 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:02 AM

I think that might border on copyright infringement...
the dude abides.

#65 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:39 AM

Interesting: copyright infringement on moving adding something that's a product of the same idea. :p Just sounds funny.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#66 halbarad

halbarad

lone wanderer

• Project Team
  • 466 posts
  • Projects:RA, tinkering...
  •  random guy

Posted 14 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

as a general rule, nobody cares about copyright if you dont sell the thing your using the stolen stuff in
Now for Wrath, Now for Ruin, and for a Red Dawn...

#67 Fuh Q

Fuh Q
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:26 PM

is it possible to make eagles and fell beasts automatically attack near by units?.. its annoying when they jus sit there getting shot
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#68 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:34 PM

I've got a question...will more music be imported from the Movie Sound Tracks? Because the (roughly) 8 minutes of custom music we've got for each faction right now would burn out pretty fast..
That, and I'd love to hear some of the songs not provided in the vanilla game.. :xcahik_:
Cheers,
-mike

Well the new 16 tracks have been added to the in-game music, thanks to yours truly, rather than replacing them, so there's plenty of music to keep you occupied. In fact, you have no idea how many different tracks are available... took me ages to work out how to sort it all out.

Edited by mh_gollum, 14 August 2007 - 06:35 PM.

Posted Image

#69 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 14 August 2007 - 07:00 PM

the ones in the movie would be unique to minas tirith.. not every gondor camp would have dem huge ones

Erm... why? There were at least 3 different types of treb on the walls of Minas Tirith... that was simply the most logical for a rotating wall mounted one... Trebuchets ARE big... otherwise they wouldn't be trebuchets. They wouldn't WORK.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#70 Fuh Q

Fuh Q
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

ok.. can anyone answer my question
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:57 PM

They have that "limitation" because they can hurt your own units :) (siege machines can do the same, but then you'd be the fool to have them where the catapults go ;))
I think you can make them guard an area, or just use attack-move over and over...

and yes, it IS possible... don't know if it has been possilised in the mod though ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#72 halbarad

halbarad

lone wanderer

• Project Team
  • 466 posts
  • Projects:RA, tinkering...
  •  random guy

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

i guess nazguls could have a hold fire thing like the catapults, normally i keep my nazguls/eagles busy and its easy to see when theyre under attack from their icon.
Now for Wrath, Now for Ruin, and for a Red Dawn...

#73 Fuh Q

Fuh Q
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

i guess nazguls could have a hold fire thing like the catapults, normally i keep my nazguls/eagles busy and its easy to see when theyre under attack from their icon.

hold fire thing would be a good way to stop your own units gettin hurt.. then you can leave them in an area and they defend emselves
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#74 Anendor

Anendor
  • Project Team
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:25 PM

sorry, but i'm rather new to this mod and bfme modding general...

could someone please tell me where the updated site for the RA mod is?

thanks, and keep up the good work!
Posted Image
Posted Image

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken:
The crownless again shall be king.

And as if in answer there came from far away another note.
Horns, horns, horns. In dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed.
Great horns of the North wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last!

BFME+ is back in action!

#75 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:45 PM

www.rhovanionalliance.net

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#76 kennethain

kennethain

quoth the raven, "nevermore"

• Project Team
  • 158 posts
  • Projects:life.
  •  RA beta rabble

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:26 AM

Quick question: anyone on staff (specifically skinners) ever create a unit that looks similar to yourself? At least in the facial aspect?

Also, will there be any significant height differences among any of the units? it seems like every unit on every faction was the same height excluding trolls and mumakil.

Edited by kennethain, 18 August 2007 - 04:47 AM.

the dude abides.

#77 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 18 August 2007 - 06:26 AM

Aren't the Guards of the Fountain Court taller than normal soldiers? Or is that because of their big-ass helmets?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#78 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

they aren't, or atleast shouldn't, be taller than normal soldiers :) They're just the best that's all :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#79 MorgoththeMight

MorgoththeMight
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  BFME player

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

Well the new 16 tracks have been added to the in-game music, thanks to yours truly, rather than replacing them, so there's plenty of music to keep you occupied. In fact, you have no idea how many different tracks are available... took me ages to work out how to sort it all out.

actually I do... if you download and play the newest elvenstar for bfme2, you'll be able to put your own music ingame, but it is quite some work to get all the tracks covered. I don't know exactly how much tracks are available, but a few hundred would be a fair guess.. good luck with getting that working fine!

Edited by MorgoththeMight, 18 August 2007 - 01:37 PM.

#80 Fuh Q

Fuh Q
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 02:16 PM

will there be mini faction plots on every map?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users