• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Rohan

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:20 AM

How do u add and remove items from a model, specificly weapons? and how do u get a model unbunched. cause mine is all bunched up and not like "put together".
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Long Live the Rhovanion Alliance!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:27 AM

How do u add and remove items from a model, specificly weapons?

learn how to model :lol: (loads of tutorials for that)

and how do u get a model unbunched. cause mine is all bunched up and not like "put together".

you must extract the skeleton too and put it in the same directory as the model when importing it
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#3 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:56 AM

There was a tutorial written on exactly that... let me see if I can find it... ah, here it is, written by SDK Kwen:

EDIT: hmm, it didn't load correctly. I'll upload it to the site and put the link here when I'm done.

EDIT2: Ok, here's the link: Tutorial

-Gto

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 29 July 2007 - 01:16 AM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#4 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:50 PM

but i dont know if i have the original skelaton. its a model from a mod and i want to tweak it a bit.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:58 PM

Unless that mod added a new skeleton and new full set of animations, you probably do have the skeleton. Most models use existing skl and animations (less work, and fewer people know how to animate).

Check the unit's code to see which Skl it uses.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#6 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

ok thanks ill do that.
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:46 PM

wait where in the ini do i find its code??
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

The model i am trying to tweak is the Eorling model from the Elven Allaince. I want to replace the spear with

a sword so i can have Rohan swordmen. then do the same thing but with a axe and a bow.
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

lotrfreak, the edit button is your friend...
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#10 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

I hope this is for a private mod because in the TEA readme it says:

The following pieces of art MAY NOT BE USED in a separate, public modification under any circumstances: Saruman; Eowyn's mounted art; Rohirrim, Rohirrim Archer, Eorlingas, and Rohan shield textures; Frodo; Sam; Merry's normal and Knight of Rohan art; Pippin's normal outfit.

Just wanted to make sure you knew that :lol: after all, who really reads the readme's :D

In the code it'll be near the top, either below the Model = blah_skn it'll say Skl = blah_skl or in the actual animations themselves it'll say blah_skl.blah_animation.

In any event I'm pretty sure Cel's Eorlingas use the TowerGuard skl :p

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#11 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

ya it is for a privite mod cuz i read the readme :D . But when he gets internet acces back i am goin to see if he will let me use them anyway.

but if it shows up as a tower guard model, how will i be able to edit the Eorling??
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:03 PM

Here is the easiest way:
1.Open FinalBig Editor.
2.Locate W3D.big and Open it.
3.Extract all contents of W3D.Big to desktop.
4.Open the Art folder and go to W3d.
5.Place the Elven Alliance model inside the W3D Folder.
6.Now go in to renx, Open the W3D Importer, And locate the Art/W3D folder and then find the model.
7.Now as it can search all the models/skeletons etc, It will pick up the correct one automaticly.

#13 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:28 PM

ill try that. thanks. :lol:

ok its there but its still all bunched up. how do u get it "put together"? cause then i can take out the spear and add the sword. (which i dont even know how to do yet. :D)!!!!!

Edited by lotrfreak, 29 July 2007 - 09:29 PM.

signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:04 AM

You are doing something wrong then, Either the model uses a custom skeleton, or you are importing the model wrong..

Post a screenshot up for what you mean by "Bunched up" and possibly upload the model for those of us that dont have TEA downloaded and installed.

#15 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

no i mean its bunched up in Renx. is that normal??
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:09 AM

No it shouldnt happen unless you have not got the correct Skeleton in the exact same location as the .w3d model.

So recheck and make sure the model is in the art/w3d/ folder, Then make sure you are using the W3D Importer in renx correctly when you open the model.

#17 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:19 AM

in the TEA .Big its all bunched up too. theres only one model (skn.W3D) so what do i do??

but thers a bunch of different skins.
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

Like i have said a few times, Extract W3D.big, Have you done this? You will find it in the main Bfme Folder.

#19 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

1. Open up TEA .big file
2. In BIG editor, select edit > extract all > to whatever folder you'd like
3. Open up RenX
4. And open up the model you'd like to edit. If you did all the steps right, the skeleton should auto be in the same folder as the model you'll want to edit
5. Have fun modelling. There are plenty of tutorials out there that tell ye how to do it.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#20 Pixel

Pixel

• Hosted
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

Allathar, That will not work. Celeglin did not include the models Skeleton inside the TEA.big, That im aware of.
So like i have said in previous posts, He will also have to extract the original W3D.big, Then place the model from TEA inside the art/w3d folder that he extracted from the W3D.big.... This way the model will find the correct skeleton.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users