Future Elven Alliance Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Roland_*

Guest_Roland_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2007 - 01:58 AM

I would like to talk to someone that works on the Elven Alliance and ask them a few questions.
I would first like to say that Elven Alliance is a wonderful mod which for me has worked perfectly so far. My question is, do you plan on making more changes to previously existing heroes and missions, or are you content with the work that you have done on it so far? A few of my suggestions would be to give more abilities to heroes that previously had only 3 or 4. For example, giving sam a blademaster type of ability where he uses a sword and fryingpan at the same time, Noldorim dagger attacks for Merry and Pippin, bow toggle for Aragorn, a fear inducing ability for Gimli (Khazad!!), blademaster and heavy armor for Boromir, create Beorn as a summonable character for the Elven Faction,.......I think I could go on for days.
---Sorry if i have wasted your time.

#2 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:08 AM

Well, Celeglin is the only person who works on the mod, and he's.......let's just say not here.
Therefore, I'll answer these as best as I can.

Pretty much, yes The Elven Alliance is finished. Just a few finishing touches is about all.
Now, there will be a sequal, however. Called "The Last Twilight", it will split the Elven faction in to Eradior and Rhovanion.
It might have new campaign missions featuring the Elven factions. Heros, I don't know, I sort of doubt most of them though.
I seriously doubt Beorn will be in it though.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#3 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:26 AM

I seriously doubt Beorn will be in it though.

Wasn't Beorn already dead during WotR?
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#4 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, he was, actually..........

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#5 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:44 PM

But there's his son, Grimbeorn...who's pretty much claimed by RA :lol:
Personally, I'd like to see a more Elvish version of 'Flaming Arrows'...possibly something along the lines of 'Eons of Training' which would increase accuracy and whatnot.
But, we've already got a Thread for those sort of suggestions, so I'll scamper off, lol.
Cheers,
-mike

#6 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

^^I remember we had discussed that ages ago in the TLT thread. I think it went on for like three pages or something...something to relate to the topic...*re-reads first post* actually, the Noldorin Blades attack thingy might be an idea. It shouldn't be that hard to do, and from what I can tell it won't even touch on balance issues. Maybe like a powerful knife throw (similar to Gimli's 'Axe Throw'), 'cause I think I saw someone throw their knife in the battle of Amon Hen. Now all the Hobbitses can have a special attack. What do you guys think?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#7 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:10 PM

It was Aragorn who throw hie knife.........or was it Boromir? Oh well....... Well, Aragorn stabbed Lurtz with his knife, then Lurtz pulled it out and threw it at him.
Eh, I don't know, sure why not, we'll just have to see if Cel wants to do them.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#8 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

saw Return of the king today.
When Grond came in al of the orcs went like: Grond, Grond, Grond, Grond!

perhaps it's an idea to give Grond a small leadership bonus:

Name: Grond can do it. (Gothmog says this in the extended edition)
power: leadership, all units get 25 extra attack

#9 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

Actually, I think the leadership could give a small fear immunity rather than an attack bonus...why?
Grond's bonus caused the Orc hordes to start chanting in the midst of flying arrows and rocks from the trebuchets (correct plural?).
And about the knives...Boromir threw a knife into a charging Uruk's neck, Aragorn fought Lurtz with his, and the Hobbits threw rocks. This can be seen by them still posessing their knives (or at least their belts) in TTT. I also just remembered that when Boromir is shot the last time, they try to charge the Uruk's, but....fail, I guess it should be said :p
Cheers,
-mike

#10 Al Merko

Al Merko
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:40 PM

So the mod is primary based on movie?
Anyway great work :p

#11 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:07 PM

i don't know whether it's that much based upon the movies. I believe it's more based upon the books.

Still think that an attack bonus is better for Grond as leadership. I think that i would be chanting Grond all of the time and after that fight with a renewed spirit, which means that i would fight harder. (if i was an orc :p )

#12 Guest_Roland_*

Guest_Roland_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:05 PM

I think that perhaps it would be more fitting for Grond to have a defense bonus or a fear immunity bonus like you said.
Thank you for answering my questions.

#13 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 31 July 2007 - 02:05 AM

That would be cool if grond had a leadership, but I wouldn't put it at the top of the priority list, you know? :p

No problem, it's a relief to see a polite guest :p
If your going to stay, why not join? It's free and doesn't take very long at all........

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#14 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:22 AM

^^It sure is. :p

So the mod is primary based on movie?
Anyway great work :p

Both mods are based on both the books and the films, and a little more. The artwork/designs that you see (skins, additions to buidlings, etc.) are based on both the movie and Celeglin's imagination and creativity, but mostly the films. All the content that you see (types of units, buildings, powers, creatures, etc.) are based off the books, that's why we have things like the Sentinels from Woody End and the Avari Soldiers. :)
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#15 Guest_anonymous internet sweeper_*

Guest_anonymous internet sweeper_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

Wow that was fun u did a great job although in the next version give the elves a personality so they actually do something when controlled by the cpu appart from that its the best mod eva and i vote for it twice a week :p

#16 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

Giving elves AI is a difficult job, and would also require having to pack all the skirmish maps with the mod as your have to add the Elven AI to each one.
Posted Image

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2007 - 01:22 PM

oh and i might come up with some hero ideas and maps maybe to include in the mod in case ur interested ^.^ you could even put in a secret easter egg too! :p

:) i see. oh well il probably just play as elves all the time anyway

sos about all the posts mentioning there is hidden easter eggs raises peoples curiosity and more downloads maybe more heroes (one female based on farimir for gondor?) (female archer like legolas for elves? but they've got loads already but oh well)

i'd just like to say that you are great putting all that time and effort into it :p if u ever read this

that really nasty ugly orc (whatshisname)guy could mount warg maybe? :blink:

:p oh and finaly FINALY and last until later on my comment is maybe add more music for the elves

#18 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:44 PM

that really nasty ugly orc (whatshisname)guy could mount warg maybe? :p

Gothmog can mount his warg... if that's what you mean.

#19 Gamlibold

Gamlibold
  • New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:41 PM

:p could redo cos when attacking head on he attacks 2 the side on his warg thats 1 bug another is that the magic elf in green whatsisname when mounted uses um his/her light thingie not on the horse limbs go spazzie its kinda wierd and when the statue is building there is no animation and the fire goes up in the air and the statue moves to the side for some reason.

elves can have when they enter helms deep on two towers music as faction ambience music other music from tt helms deep will be ur best bet for music also elves should be able to train ents i believe

an idea for a unit ... a guy with a spear and throwing knives who is the elven version of the beserker

and what siege equiptment will be available to the elves? i suggest either ents nothing else or ropes if thats possible

im glad i said something cos i really am interested by all this and i would like a reply.

several reasons why elven allliance is good

1 its well thought out and the characters are very good

2 bfme2 is a bit random cos it has so many factions and it doesnt work on most computers anyway

3 i like elves

4 i really like the designs and abillities

areas for improvement

1 there are a few things wrong with it but its just the second beta so i think if we all say whats wrong then the final version will be amazing

2 more music

3 better microphone and distance from it cos when the spearmen of the havens say charge it sounds a bit microphonie and(If totaly unrelated and speech from film cos i have a really bad memory cos i cant remember the name of the ugly orc Gosomething) guy in rohan new name starts with G is a bit quiet

4 i want to see legolas still available to rohan (i have no idea how but they could be in both factions using the same data used to keep 2 of the same factions in skirmish from creating heroes that are already there?

yup when its done its gonna be a straight :p 10

I would like to talk to someone that works on the Elven Alliance and ask them a few questions.
I would first like to say that Elven Alliance is a wonderful mod which for me has worked perfectly so far. My question is, do you plan on making more changes to previously existing heroes and missions, or are you content with the work that you have done on it so far? A few of my suggestions would be to give more abilities to heroes that previously had only 3 or 4. For example, giving sam a blademaster type of ability where he uses a sword and fryingpan at the same time, Noldorim dagger attacks for Merry and Pippin, bow toggle for Aragorn, a fear inducing ability for Gimli (Khazad!!), blademaster and heavy armor for Boromir, create Beorn as a summonable character for the Elven Faction,.......I think I could go on for days.
---Sorry if i have wasted your time.

no those are some pretty good ideas and i really think that aragorn should have a bow toggle yeah my ideas arent as good. i made em up on the spot

##########

mhedit - merged all your posts (again). I think they were all by you. Nothing to suggest otherwise.

Edited by mh_gollum, 08 September 2007 - 09:25 PM.

#20 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:04 AM

If you would've read the "BETA Thread", you would've seen that every bug you mentioned was already listed...
-mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users