Future Elven Alliance Upgrades

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:StopMotion the Matrix Burly Brawl smith fight in lego (its gonna be wicked sick man!) w00t
  •  n00b

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:17 PM

Well i'm sorry again[STOP] Punctuation and other are not my strong points[STOP] Very sorry and i'd like to say that in future, I shall plan my letters; by taking lots and lots of my personal time, to make it as perfect as humanly possible[STOP]

#42 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:39 PM

FFS if people have poor punctuation, we don't need every member of the forum telling him so... so get back on topic quick before I start deleting posts
Posted Image

#43 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

uuhm,

well i was thinking. Perhaps it is possible to create javelinmen with the Harad Spearthrower models. (i'm all rome total war these days)
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#44 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:56 AM

For which faction?
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#45 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:StopMotion the Matrix Burly Brawl smith fight in lego (its gonna be wicked sick man!) w00t
  •  n00b

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:15 PM

well it is elven aliance i believe, but rohan javelin has a ring to it...

oh and will there be a rivendel map? a bit like the gondorian town building thingie map. with elvish buildings instead and trees everywhere, maybe even the thin bridge over the river and waterfall in the hobbit and it could have a day night toggle depending on the ammount of players if thats possible. if not, just night then

some of the text descriptions for the maps are for some reason incomplete, ending where it shouldn't with half words like sauro.... why?

Edited by Duplo, 16 September 2007 - 12:26 PM.

#46 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:47 PM

For which faction?

perhaps Gondor, think it fits with Rohan (there was a scene in helm's deep) and perhaps an elven faction. But it would look quite strange i think.

#47 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:07 AM

I think one spear-throwing unit is quite enough for one mod (unless it's the size of the RA). The concept is unrealistic, to have spears just appearing from thin air - it would work way better if it was a power with a very quick recharge, like 20 seconds or so. Anyway, I think in the early, early days of these forums this had been discussed, and Celeglin rejected it.
Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#48 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 17 September 2007 - 12:47 PM

I think one spear-throwing unit is quite enough for one mod (unless it's the size of the RA). The concept is unrealistic, to have spears just appearing from thin air - it would work way better if it was a power with a very quick recharge, like 20 seconds or so. Anyway, I think in the early, early days of these forums this had been discussed, and Celeglin rejected it.

truly? i'm sorry.

but it is kind of strange that spears appear from the thin air, as you said. It's something EA didn't think of when they created their game

#49 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

its EA, TOMMAHAWK and SCUD missiles from the carrier in command and conquer generals just appear when ready to fire and there are all sorts of things like that there arent bow strings bla bla bla yno they find it easier to not change the models cos the spear is part of the model they set joint waypoints frame by frame its very complicated :good:

i dont even know what im talking about

i believe there is a course in college called knowology im sure there is

Edited by Duplo, 17 September 2007 - 05:56 PM.

#50 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

oh and will there be a rivendel map? a bit like the gondorian town building thingie map. with elvish buildings instead and trees everywhere, maybe even the thin bridge over the river and waterfall in the hobbit and it could have a day night toggle depending on the ammount of players if thats possible. if not, just night then

some of the text descriptions for the maps are for some reason incomplete, ending where it shouldn't with half words like sauro.... why?

0mg im replying to my own post??? not really i just fancy myquestions answerd some time

#51 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 23 September 2007 - 08:39 AM

rivendel map? i don't think so. But perhaps Celeglin will surprise us.

map descriptions? i've got no clue

#52 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 23 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

#53 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:17 PM

by the way the freezing rain spell... i think there should be heavier rain :D

[mhedit - I don't want to go there :)]

Edited by mh_gollum, 27 September 2007 - 11:57 AM.

#54 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 27 September 2007 - 12:54 PM

with al of the lag there is already?
no way :)

#55 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

no way :D

hmm there's no lag for me :)

actually taralom your computer seems to be the root of the problem of lag cos in helms deep topic it was laggy 4 you but not for me or my friends

by the way. is gil-gallad in the full version of the mod? even though hes long dead does it really matter? i think he would be cool. and the problem i had with my discussion with mh_gollum on page 2 was never concluded i just simply want gil gallad.

Edited by Duplo, 27 September 2007 - 03:30 PM.

#56 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 September 2007 - 03:36 PM

Gil-Galed.... he's a hidden hero. Here's how you activate him:

Go to 'Start' then 'Run' and type '%appdata%' (without the quotes). Then go to 'My Battle for Middle-earth Files'

Open up ElvenAlliance.big using FinalBig (google it)

Find Data/ini/playertemplate.ini on the left panel. Now on the right panel find the elven heroes.

Remove the ";" infront of Gil-Galed's name

And it does matter that he is long dead. It's a mod based on the late-third age, he died at the end of the second age, and Celeglin likes to stick to Tolkien lore as much as possible.

Edited by mh_gollum, 27 September 2007 - 03:39 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Duplo

Duplo

ieatdirt

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  n00b

Posted 27 September 2007 - 04:08 PM

i hate to try your patience but i know how to unlock him,

its just what happens when i try. it says failed to load finalbig.ini honest ive already tried it thousands of different ways it doesn't work

whats wrong with the finalbig.ini?

gee im sorry if im a pain in the backside, and i feel like im starting to tick some people off with my constant stream of questions :(

Edited by Duplo, 27 September 2007 - 04:30 PM.

#58 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:34 PM

Right... so you've downloaded FinalBig? You've installed it?

You go to ElvenAlliance.big, right-click it, go to open-with... and browse for finalbig and choose open.
Posted Image

#59 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:51 PM

i hate to try your patience but i know how to unlock him,

its just what happens when i try. it says failed to load finalbig.ini

this happened to me at first

run final big from the file you dwnloaded it into

the desktop shortcut is weird

or

open the ElvenAlliance.big straight from the program files
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

#60 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:24 AM

no way :huh:

hmm there's no lag for me :D

actually taralom your computer seems to be the root of the problem of lag cos in helms deep topic it was laggy 4 you but not for me or my friends

by the way. is gil-gallad in the full version of the mod? even though hes long dead does it really matter? i think he would be cool. and the problem i had with my discussion with mh_gollum on page 2 was never concluded i just simply want gil gallad.

True, but there will be others who will have the same computer as i do

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users