Concering the AI

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Lord_Denethor_*_*

Guest_Guest_Lord_Denethor_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:58 AM

Ok when playing the Battle for Middle Earth 2, i get so fed up with how the AI always attacks your resource buildings...i get so fed up because they completely avoid my army and go straight for the buildings!!! It gets so irritating, Even on the RJ revisited BFME 1 maps. Its so disappointing and im not blaming you rob for it, Its EA. They just completely avoid my army, and so i was wondering if possible you could alter the AI so you can fix this? I mean its really pathetic how they do that every single match. Its understandable if it cannot be done, but this is one the main reasons i just hated plain Battle for Middle-Earth 2, now i noticed when i play the SEE mod, they actually attack your army first before the buildings!! It must be done but must be really hard to do. Who knows, but if you can do it, could you please take this into consideration? Thanks.

#2 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:59 AM

Sorry that was me haha forgot to log on. :lol: :good:
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#3 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:11 AM

That is one things that both SEE and I have been looking into for some time. We've had some ideas on how it can be done, but as far as I know S.E.E has not been able to solve the problem for the Resource Building. There is almost a hard-coding deep in BFME2 that makes units attach RBs.

Again, this along with making Archers stay put are two things that I really want to fix.

#4 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:25 AM

Yeah, we have not solved it... merely made it a bit less that way ^. But we'll get there eventually :lol:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 Downfall

Downfall

Scenarist

• Members
  • 356 posts
  •  There is one?

Posted 29 July 2007 - 03:32 AM

Working with the AI is not an easy thing to do. So many variables and odd man out type of things I've experienced, greater in BFME2 the BFME1. It just can get really annoying trying to get as much kinks out as you can.

I dunno, seems that the AI in BFME2 is a bit more stubborn to change (edit) than in BFME1.
"Human beings make strange fauna and flora. From a distance they appear negligible; up close they are apt to appear ugly and malicious."
Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 04:54 AM

I mean couldn't EA release a patch that will help change this? I mean one thing they tried to do in the expansion was just make the resource buildings stronger so they wouldn't have to do the work for changing the AI. Gah EA is like the devil sometimes. Well it was worth posting i guess haha.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#7 Spointz2020

Spointz2020
  • Members
  • 153 posts
  • Projects:RJ-Rotwk Beta Tester

Posted 02 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

I mean couldn't EA release a patch that will help change this? I mean one thing they tried to do in the expansion was just make the resource buildings stronger so they wouldn't have to do the work for changing the AI. Gah EA is like the devil sometimes. Well it was worth posting i guess haha.

OMGGG i always have the same issue and it is dammmmn frustrating... but i would never ever expect lazy-assed EA (im srry that i "despise them" but i just cant take how EA never consistently went on to release a fully "prepared" product, not to mention not enough balancing over the time after release.. .and even when they actually affford to stand to do something, they fail to implement even the full changes, and fix some of the bugs/issues that they actually already have knowledge about or at least have been already fixed by mod/patches like DC and BT2... [altho i do appreciate the great potent game they created for us lol]) and it always just happens by some mere chance that when theyall of a sudden just assault an rb of mine this way, i panic so much that i rush like all my units , heroes, and sometimes even use powers, only to kill off these units to the very last man ONLY like .01 millisecond after they finish off my poor buildings :( hehe often times what they also tend to do is once they catch sight of my builder, they attempt to chase him down and kick his ass no matter what , and follow him to whatever ends! so this strategy that i've often developed against AI's, is i have 'em sight my builder, and then lure his forces all around my towers and fortress , archers, heroes, etc. - thus while they are getting molested by my guyz, they are too bzy just pokin ahead at my builder :tongevil:

but seriously the issue with the AI being programmed naturally to have like 99% tendency to attack only certain (usually defenseless stuff) really wears down the fun and excitement of the play, getting you into this tedius and redundant cycle w/ the AI... also it limits to great extent the amount of the "epic" frontal fights and gameplays that ppl would often desire. (:ninja: -ham?)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

Yeah i agree with you 100%. One think i did however notice is during late games, they usually dont go for your resource buildings as much. Maybe it was the map or something but i was pleased about that. haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users