383 replies to this topic

#341 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 04:59 AM

G'day robnkarlafan

Not a bad idea but I'm not sure how big sauron is. It might look stange to have the witchking the same size as the big guy.
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#342 RobnKarlaFAN

RobnKarlaFAN
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

G'day robnkarlafan

Not a bad idea but I'm not sure how big sauron is. It might look stange to have the witchking the same size as the big guy.

i myself increased his scale to 1.67 from 1.5 ..and i think it perfectly suits him..with that scale he became fractionally taller than the other heroes but still way shorter than Sauron :shiftee:
you should try that scale and let Nazgul know about it..because S.E.E is all about bringing realism to the game :good: ..donot forget about the high res skin though.

Edited by RobnKarlaFAN, 19 March 2009 - 10:05 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#343 klementinos

klementinos
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

i am playing this excelent mod for few months,maybe someone says this before me,but there is olways place to upgrade and improve

1mordor units grond and mumakil are to big bigger than fortress,so would you increase the size of all fortress for all races??and make a litlle smaller grond and mumakil.

2i wont that witch king if you make him walk have that weapon on chain when fighting eowyn in battle for minas tirith in the movie??

3would you add a mumakil hero with a pirate riding??i dont no his name.

Edited by klementinos, 26 March 2009 - 10:42 AM.

#344 RobnKarlaFAN

RobnKarlaFAN
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:06 AM

i am playing this excelent mod for few months,maybe someone says this before me,but there is olways place to upgrade and improve

1mordor units grond and mumakil are to big bigger than fortress,so would you increase the size of all fortress for all races??and make a litlle smaller grond and mumakil.

2i wont that witch king if you make him walk have that weapon on chain when fighting eowyn in battle for minas tirith in the movie??

3would you add a mumakil hero with a pirate riding??i dont no his name.

hi klementinos..please write in correct English..then it will be easy for the mod team to understand your problem..thanks

Posted ImagePosted Image

#345 klementinos

klementinos
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:32 PM

this are not problems only wishes.

#346 zakske

zakske
  • Members
  • 29 posts
  •  Anti-Kentucky Fried Chicken Activist

Posted 26 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

How is it hard to understand what he's saying?

1. Mumakil and Grond are too big compared to the fortresses in-game, something needs to be rescaled.
2. It would be nice if the Witch King could have the weapon (flail) he uses against Eowyn in ROTK.
3. Could a Mumakil hero be added (I can't remember the rider's name either xD)?

I'm sorry, I just don't see what's not to be understood of what he said?

#347 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:38 PM

Scaling the witchking is a real problem, because the mounted version will be automatically scaled alongside, which is really weird to look at.
The WK already fights with the flail + the sword, so i don't know what else i could do to improve on that. :p
And i think a Mûmakil hero is in planning, just not for Mordor but for Rhûn/Harad.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#348 klementinos

klementinos
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:50 AM

thanks

1 i was talking about scaling mumakil,grond and fortress,bigger fortress and smaler grond and mumakil?'
2sorry i play it yesterday and see that wk olready have flail,i nevr played with it unmounted
3mahud is the name of mumakil raider,like in the movie,i dont remember riders for other mumakils??

so mordor will lose,cp jacskson,pirates,haradrims,and mumakils which will be added to evil man or how this new fraction will be called??

Edited by klementinos, 27 March 2009 - 10:58 AM.

#349 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

Mordor is gonna be all about Orcs, trolls, siege engine and the nazgul.. :evgr: So that is why we are getting a evil men faction... Mordor will still be quite strong believe me.
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#350 RobnKarlaFAN

RobnKarlaFAN
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 10:40 AM

Scaling the witchking is a real problem, because the mounted version will be automatically scaled alongside, which is really weird to look at.
The WK already fights with the flail + the sword, so i don't know what else i could do to improve on that. :good:
And i think a Mûmakil hero is in planning, just not for Mordor but for Rhûn/Harad.

well i said that i tried that 1.67 scale and it really works fine for him..you should give a try..just test that scale by yourself Sûlherokhh..that scale has a negligible effect on the mounted version..its really hard to notice..but his unmounted version looks really cool with that scale..you know more real..
and can a more high-res skin be added to the Witch-king???

Posted ImagePosted Image

#351 sniggles

sniggles
  • Project Team
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:07 AM

Hi gang

I'm sorry but i wasn't sure if this has been done yet or is on the to do list.......

I keep getting surprised by Grond!

Just worked out how to get the AI to globally anounce that he has been created (to forewarn you)

Not too difficult to code.

Has this already been addressed or should i just post the code here in my humble effort to help you guys out.

Really do need some indication that Grond is on the way.

Again - apologies if this has already been covered.
Posted Image

#352 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:29 AM

G'day sniggles

I don't think that we have one yet so feel free to poste it up here and hopefully nazgul will see it soon :p
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#353 sniggles

sniggles
  • Project Team
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hi guys - here are the easy steps to get a global announcement of Grond being created - GULP!

Paste this into Grond file

Grond audio parameters

CODE
VoiceAttack = GrondVoiceAttackMS
VoiceCreated = EVA:GrondCreated // new code
VoiceCreated = CampOrcCreateGrond // re-enabled
VoiceFullyCreated = EVA:GrondCreated // new code
VoiceFullyCreated = CampOrcCreateGrond // re-enabled
VoiceMove = GrondVoiceMoveMS
VoicePriority = 98
VoiceSelect = GrondVoiceSelectMS
VoiceSelectBattle = GrondVoiceSelectMS
VoiceGuard = GrondVoiceMove

Also paste this line in his engineering parameters (not sure if needed - but all works fine)

CODE
Behavior = AnnounceBirthAndDeathBehavior ModuleTag_AnnounceBirthAndDeathBehavior
End

Paste this in the eva.ini file ( i just used saurons stats for reference )

// Globally announce the creation of Grond - god we need a warning - LOL - marksmod

CODE
NewEvaEvent GrondCreated
Priority = EVA_RING_HERO_CREATED_PRIORITY
TimeBetweenEventsMS = EVA_RING_HERO_CREATED_TIME_BETWEEN_EVENTS
ExpirationTimeMS = EVA_RING_HERO_CREATED_EXPIRATION_TIME
CountAsJumpToLocation = No

SideSound
Side = Mordor
Sound = CampOrcCreateGrond
End
End

Posted Image

#354 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:07 PM

Your awesomness is blinding me ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#355 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the reminder. Has been at least a year that i haven't fiddled around with voices, maybe 3 years last time i changed any announcements. ;)
It's always a great experience to find out and successfully implement something new. ;)
The Grond sounds are not the only unused voxes in the audio pack. Go check it out, it's really eerie to see (or rather hear) how much was ommitted, even if it was just some more variant sounds for upgrades or horde creations.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#356 sniggles

sniggles
  • Project Team
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

OH DEAR -

Sorry guys - the code i posted earlier to get a global (world) announcement of Grond being built is buggy and doesn't always work.

Should have done some more testing before posting the results.

The correct steps are below for anyone that may be interested.

Fully tested it this time and works every time.

In grond.ini

Delete (or ' comment out ' ) the top part of the AUDIO parameters and replace with the code below....

VoiceAttack	= GrondVoiceAttackMS
VoiceCreated	= EVA:GrondCreated			// new code
VoiceCreated	= +SOUND:CampOrcCreateGrondGlobal	// new code
VoiceFullyCreated	= EVA:GrondCreated			// new code
VoiceFullyCreated 	= +SOUND:CampOrcCreateGrondGlobal	// new code
VoiceMove		= GrondVoiceMoveMS;CatapultVoiceMove
VoicePriority	= 98
VoiceSelect	= GrondVoiceSelectMS;CatapultVoiceSelect
VoiceSelectBattle	= GrondVoiceSelectMS;CatapultVoiceSelect
VoiceGuard	= GrondVoiceMove

SoundAmbient	= GrondFireAmbientLoop
SoundMoveLoop	= GrondMoveLoop

In eva.ini add the new section below (same as before)......

// New grond creation announcement - marksmod

NewEvaEvent GrondCreated
	Priority				 = EVA_RING_HERO_CREATED_PRIORITY
	TimeBetweenEventsMS	= EVA_RING_HERO_CREATED_TIME_BETWEEN_EVENTS   
	ExpirationTimeMS			 = EVA_RING_HERO_CREATED_EXPIRATION_TIME   
	CountAsJumpToLocation  = No

SideSound
		Side 	  = Mordor
		Sound = CampOrcCreateGrond
	End
End

Lastly - in voice.ini

delete or ' comment out ' the section under ' AudioEvent CampOrcCreateGrond ' (9 lines of code) and replace with code below

AudioEvent CampOrcCreateGrond
	Sounds		= ECSalut_Gronda ECSalut_Grondb ECSalut_Grondc 
	Delay		= 16500 16500
	Volume		= #ADD( CAMP_ORC_VOLUME 0 )
	MinVolume					= #ADD( CAMP_ORC_MINVOLUME 0 )
	Limit		= 1
	Type		= voice world player enemies allies
	SubmixSlider 	= voice
End

then also copy and paste in the new section below....

// new global event built cue (using sauron as ref) = marksmod

AudioEvent CampOrcCreateGrondGlobal
	  Sounds	   	= ECSalut_Gronda ECSalut_Grondb ECSalut_Grondc
	  Volume			= #ADD( CAMP_ORC_VOLUME 0 )
	  MinVolume	= #ADD( CAMP_ORC_MINVOLUME 0 )
	  Limit 		= 1
 	Type		 	= world voice enemies allies player
	  SubmixSlider 	= voice
End

Okay - all done.

All that messing around just to get a global announcement of Grond being created - LOL.

You can appreciate how much work Naz and Sul and the rest of the team must have done to make SEE what it is today.

That must have been a lot of code writing and testing!

And Sul - thanks for the feedback and i have unpacked the audio files and you are correct - there are a lot of sound bites and dialogue not used - very interesting
Posted Image

#357 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

Finally, somebody publicly appreciates the torturous logical procedures necessary even for comparatively straight forward stuff. I must be slightly masochistic, or compulsive, or both. :D
Great you got all of that figured out and present it in a way that just can't be misunderstood. :thumbsupdrool:

#358 Tonarion

Tonarion
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Projects:Finding Ideas for Nazgul´s Special Extended Edition

Posted 23 May 2009 - 11:31 AM

I dont know if this was already said, but i think this should be done very easy:

I´ve played whit some Black Uruks and i noticed that nearly all of them only had Swords and only 1 unit an axe. My question is:

Is it possible to create some Random weapons for them like for the orcs?? i had already some ideas:

the swords (the ones they already have)
the Axe (the one they already have)
two handed maces (http://theminiatures.../apr/81398b.jpg ; like these) using the sword animation??
Maybe a halberd??

Just a little idea ;)

Tonarion

WE ARE THE FIGHTING URUK-HAI!!!!

Posted Image March to Helm´s Deep, leave no one alive!!!!

#359 yams in a can

yams in a can

Friend of the Right Side

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 01:36 AM

well... the black uruks should NOT be the most powerful units in the game,not even a "super" elite unit,BECAUSE,they were weaker than the normal uruk hai and sauron used them more than orcs(in the booka) mainly because they were close to the size of men (at the time of the war of the ring, 5 feet tall) but were weaker than isengard's uruks because they were weaker in sunlight ,so for elite units... THE HILL TROLLS OF GORGOROTH WITH SIEGE HAMMERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, ........... might be too late to change this though, right :p

Posted Image
To the professor, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien.

Posted Image
Posted Image

-yams in a can

#360 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:01 AM

G'day Tonarion

Yes it is possible :p I think all the battalions were going to have a random program added to them. At the moment it was just for hair colour but the idea about random weapons was mentioned at the time as well. I think the peasants ( rohan ) already have it but not 100% sure.

G'day Yams

Never too late mate but we seem to focus on one thing at a time :) We're focused on the evil men fortress faction at the moment so that's where most of the teams efforts are at the moment. But all the ideas people have ( if posted in the right thread like yours ) will be put onto the list of things to review when we finish all the other things :p

Edited by ttandchotmail, 09 July 2009 - 05:05 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Back to Mordor faction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users