Mordor faction

• Please log in to reply
383 replies to this topic

#361 Predi

Predi
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

So I just read the topic about the fellbeast death animation, and something just came into my mind. It's not about animation but about fellbeasts.

Would it be possible to make them an ability to fly off the screen upwards, but still be controllable? If I remember correctly, when we summon eagles they fly in from the sky, so maybe that could be reversable. The point of it is: when the fellbeasts fly "upscreen" the couldn't attack, but they'll have a lot more viewrange. And when you know what's coming you just order them to fly back. Like a toggle. that would be useful, and it makes perfect sense (at least to me) and Mordor would have a very good scout/observer unit.

And I hope the catapults [in every other faction, not just mordor] will have greater range, because I hate when those freakin' towers destroys them, and I can't pull off a normal, organized siege.

Hope I was helpful.

Keep up the great work :p

#362 Predi

Predi
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:17 AM

I just played a match with Mordor, and here's a pretty good and easy suggestion. When you summon a Nazgúl and the orcs see him/it (I dunno which is more suitable) they all start cheering. Wouldn't it be more realistic if they do a fear animation instead? It was in the books, and mentioned in the movie too, that the orcs too crapped their pants when they saw a Nazgúl. Maybe not just the orcs should but every allied and enemy unit too, except the elves because they don't fear from anything. That wouldn't have to give them any bonuses or anything. Just for a little show, and maybe a one second halt in the enemy's advance. I mean it would be great when you saw the whole enemy army attacking your army and when they get close, and saw the Nazgúls, they pause for a second and the whole army tremble in fear. Just for a second. Wow, thats some scene.
But the whole point in this suggestion, is to replace the orcs cheering animation with fear animation. The others just my imagination (but still good ideas)
Because Nazgúls are frightening. Just take a look at the mastermind behind this whole mod! :p

Edited by Predi, 25 July 2009 - 12:18 AM.

#363 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:11 AM

G'day Predi

As the old saying goes " Great minds think alike " :p

Check out my post on this page. The soar above the cloads power was one that I thought would be a cool idea as well ;)

http://forums.revora...p...2466&st=180
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#364 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

So I just read the topic about the fellbeast death animation, and something just came into my mind. It's not about animation but about fellbeasts.

Would it be possible to make them an ability to fly off the screen upwards, but still be controllable? If I remember correctly, when we summon eagles they fly in from the sky, so maybe that could be reversable. The point of it is: when the fellbeasts fly "upscreen" the couldn't attack, but they'll have a lot more viewrange. And when you know what's coming you just order them to fly back. Like a toggle. that would be useful, and it makes perfect sense (at least to me) and Mordor would have a very good scout/observer unit.

And I hope the catapults [in every other faction, not just mordor] will have greater range, because I hate when those freakin' towers destroys them, and I can't pull off a normal, organized siege.

Hope I was helpful.

Keep up the great work :p

Oh I know! Them towers got insane range and they kill your catapults quicker than units do. This def needs addressed..
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#365 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 12:59 PM

I think normal arrows were going to do no damage to any catapults but once they were upgraded then a small amount would be taken with each hit. Perhaps an even smaller amount should be made depending on the type of seige. Fire arrows for example should do damage to catapults and ents but silverthorn, black, poisen and normal arrows would do none.

As for range, yes it probably does need some tweaking and I'm sure it will all be looked at after we get the evil men faction and the campaign up and running :p

Edited by ttandchotmail, 25 July 2009 - 01:03 PM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#366 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:17 PM

@ttandachotmail: I totally agree mate, that would really improve the gameplay.

Edited by Ar-Adûnakhôr, 25 July 2009 - 06:30 PM.

_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#367 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:42 AM

I am ok with what the fire damage does.. The problem though is you can't protect your catapult if the towers have that range.. Unless you would bombard from way back... But if they remove the range, it wouldn't be too bad... But Siege like ents and Mountain Giants take down towers pretty quickly.. If they reduce the range, it would be ok though..

Posted Image

#368 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:37 AM

just clarifying, corsairs are staying in mordor, right? because they are evil men and allied with the haradrim...

im so ready for 4.7 that the last time i played as mordor i forgot entirely about the haradrim palace or mumakil pen.
now that sul is back, lets finish this! :p

Edited by khamulrulz, 04 October 2009 - 12:40 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#369 Emperor of the East

Emperor of the East

A simple guy who likes to think factually

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Projects:Easterling Faction for RotWK and the Planet Thertia novels.

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:38 AM

@Nazgul: Uruk-hai were first created by Sauron and Saruman copied him according to the books and to Weapons & Warfare, so it would make sense to add Mordor Uruk-hai units that function like Isengard Uruks. Plus, is there a way to move the second, fifth, and ninth Nazguls to Rhun?

"You cannot know anything; only suspect. You must suspect to be wrong. To have overlooked, something, anticipate."

~Malik Al-Sayf, from the original Assassin's Creed from 2007

Yes, I do live by this advice to the best of my ability.

#370 khamulrulz

khamulrulz

title available

• Members
  • 469 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 02:05 AM

i think nazgul wanted the nine nazgul to stay together in mordor only... and mordor already have black uruks of barad-dur, as well as shagrat.....
Posted Image
Posted Image

#371 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 11:48 PM

Yeah I wouldn't like the idea of Mordor losing some of the nazgul. It just wouldn't feel right... Isen has Saruman.. That is def good enough.. Having a wizard is a huge advantage..

Posted Image

#372 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:30 AM

If you split up the nazgul, then you wouldnt beable to control all 9 at once!

#373 Ridder Blauw

Ridder Blauw

title available

• Project Team
  • 1,277 posts
  •  Do not force yourself into modding it's bad for your health.

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

Uhhh.... Useless necro post?

#374 Gollum

Gollum
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

Exactly what I thought
I'm not listening, not listening!

#375 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:33 AM

I hope that the forces of Mordor are more similar to those of the movie

Force of Evil does not hurt that inspire fear

That is the most powerful weapon of the forces of evil

black_captain1.jpg

#376 Bashkuga

Bashkuga

Because good guys are too mainstream

• Project Team
  • 2,039 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring Betatester and Mapper, Edain Mod Betatester
  •  Out of the frying pan, and into the fire..

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

Woah! Looks really badass!

#377 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Is the Witch King, the name says it all. :thumbsupcool:  for me should be

the Witch-king, Lord of Terror

#378 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

That is not his official title...

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#379 njm1983

njm1983

title available

• Project Team
  • 2,867 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:04 PM

I feel like that look is appropriate for the angmar faction. Its similar to what we already have only better executed.

#380 Dark Lord

Dark Lord

title available

• Project Team
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:55 PM

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil ,  is not official???? and! :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users