ROTE Idea Topic

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 07 August 2007 - 10:05 PM

This topic is for discussing our ideas for ROTE. Right now, we are mostly brainstorming ideas for the (Dunedain Ranger) Arnor faction. If you have ideas, please post them here. The team members will use this to discuss ideas, also. :sad2:
Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:28 PM

Also Angmar. We are trying to focus on a War of the Ring type faction for them.

#3 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

I think Angmar is going to be orc/wraith based, with some evil men (maybe not). Maybe we could make some wraiths like the ones that capture the hobbits in FotR. With Arnor, I think that it would be cool if the tent buildings could be 'unpacked', moved, and then 'repacked' somewhere else. What do you think?

Edited by Eldarion25, 08 August 2007 - 01:32 AM.

Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:42 AM

Sounds like a plan. Maybe Angmar could have trolls, and Rhudaur hillmen also. Also maybe Arnor could have Hobbit Archers. They did help Arthedain out.

Edited by Eonwe, 08 August 2007 - 01:43 AM.

#5 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:49 AM

How about the dark dunedain get a sword toggle. Also A Hillman unit with a Sword and an axe

Edited by The Best Guest, 08 August 2007 - 01:50 AM.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#6 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:51 AM

I was thinking of a Rhudaur Bezerker type Hillman.

#7 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 08 August 2007 - 01:52 AM

With an ablity to get increased speed mybe
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#8 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

I was wondering if this was just my computer, or something we should fix, but the dark dunedain and troll hero by EA have glitchy anims. Do you think someone could fix that, or we use a different model for the dark dunedain?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

Well I could take a look at the model if you want me too :thumbsupdrool:

Edited by The Best Guest, 08 August 2007 - 05:13 PM.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#10 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 06:37 PM

Also, what about the movable tent idea? It'd be really easy, you could just make it where there is an upgrade and it changes models, allows it to move, and then upgrades again and changes back into the tent. ???

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:02 PM

Also, what about the movable tent idea? It'd be really easy, you could just make it where there is an upgrade and it changes models, allows it to move, and then upgrades again and changes back into the tent. ???

I like the tent Idea, but Arnor will need a fortress to make these moveable tents. Also will they have builders? If not then I am thinking along the lines like at the fortress you can hire a moveable building units. All it would cost is when you buy it at the fortress. The units however would still cost money.

I never heard of a Dark Dunedain model. I also think they should not be with Angmar Since both realms were destoyed. Only Wights, Trolls, Orcs, Ruffians, Outlaws, Hillmen of Rhudaur and Wargs remained in Angmar/Arnor

Edited by Eonwe, 08 August 2007 - 08:14 PM.

#12 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

Ya, I was talking about EA's swordsmen for Angmar, the ones that aren't made by thrall masters. With the tent thing, maybe the fortress actually could train rangers, who themselves can build low-health tents. Otherwise, the builders could actually change into the tents, then when you unpack, the only thing that the builder could do is rebuild it somewhere else.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:35 AM

If possible maybe like their is the fortress. When you select the fortress a number of buildings appear. You select one, and a builder comes out of your fort. Then since you bought the builder you pretty much bought the building. For the Builder is the same price as the building you want to build.

So your builder could now build a building anywhere. However it does not cost any money to build anything for reasons buying the builder at the fort. It takes time to build but its free, unpacking is free, So instead of demolish its unpack. Which would be free also.

Once a building is finished. You can build units. If you bought the resource builder who would cost 300. You just build a resource building.

Also the builder comes out faster then most builders. Like half as fast, because remember Arnor is suppose to be a steath, lightly armored, hit and run faction.

Maybe some units could reflect Arnor's Past. Like defenders of the Downs. Guardions of Fornost etc......

#14 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 02:46 AM

I agree. Maybe once the fortress is upgraded, you can build an elite building? Also, maybe instead of watchtowers, there could be ranger senetries. It is an unmovable ranger sitting next to a tree, and attacks like a tower.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:30 AM

I agree. Maybe once the fortress is upgraded, you can build an elite building? Also, maybe instead of watchtowers, there could be ranger senetries. It is an unmovable ranger sitting next to a tree, and attacks like a tower.

Sounds like a Idea, would need a model however.

We need to decide on a power for Aragorn. Either Power of the Palantir or Army of the Dead

Maybe if possible EA's Arnor could represent arthedain, and GW represents Cardolan

Also Hero Ideas for Arnor, and Angmar

Heros for Arnor:
Halbarad
Aragorn

Angmar:
Buhrdûr-The Butcher of Arnor
Gûlavhar-The Terror of Arnor

http://us.games-work...log/default.htm

Edited by Eonwe, 09 August 2007 - 04:14 AM.

#16 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:24 PM

On the ROTE topic, maybe that Ranger's Keep could be the fortress for Arnor, and the texture would make it look damaged and overgrown. We need a scratch modeler :xd: .

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:26 PM

That would be hard to get considering how we are not even hosted yet :xd:

Edited by The Best Guest, 09 August 2007 - 03:26 PM.

mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#18 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 03:51 PM

Possible tech tree?

Buildings (* means unpackable):
Fortress (Ranger's Keep model by TBG)
Berry Bushes (Resource Building)
Ranger's Tent (Archery Range)*
Dunedain Rally Field (Barracks)*
Hobbit Tent (Trains Hobbits)*
Ranger Senetry (discription further down)
Healer's Tent (trains healers)*
Statue of the Lost Kingdom (leadership)
Armory (Gives light leather armor, forged blades, fire arrows)
Some Elite Building (Yes, that's its name :xd: )

Heroes:
Aragorn
Halbarad
Elladan
Elrohir
(Needs more)

Units (Divided by building, higher lvl. means stronger per building):
Archers of the North
Dunedain Rangers (toggle weapon)
Half-Elven Warriors (maybe not)

Defenders of the Downs (spearmen, have spear throw)
Guards of Fornost (Use TBG spearmen model)
Dunedain Knife-Fighters

Bree Militia
Hobbit Sherrifs
Hobbit Stone-Throwers
Hobbit Archers

Healer (has heal power to use on hordes, less affective for heroes)

What do you think?

Edited by Eldarion25, 09 August 2007 - 10:28 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  •  Varied

Posted 09 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Good But I will also be making a dunedain Knife fighter (a Ranger model with two ranger swords)
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#20 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 06:06 PM

Good list, I would of never thought of a berry bush. Also for a Arnor sentry tower we could probly use Ruined Towers. Just give them one more slot. I am unsure about Half elves though. I do not mine if some Rivendell Sentries would help.

We should incorporte some Bree Militia or something. I think Bree, and the Shire were the only things that were not destroyed in Arnor.

Edited by Eonwe, 09 August 2007 - 06:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users