Photo

New Ideas of spellbooks.heroes.units etc....

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hi all! i'm new in Revora but old one in BFME

But enough of crappy introducions let's get down to business =))

i have some ideas about Dorwinion's Spellbook.

First Line (5pts)
1. Heal (standart heal)
2.Wine Merchant (creates resourse structure at taregetet loc. but with greater income interval and this structure's main ability is it's small radius of resourse zone (or whatever u call that ) and also this power has 7mins CD)
3.Enchanced Wineyards (acts in same way as Elven Wood etc.)

Second Line (10pts)
1.Goods from Royal Winery (Provides 25% more damage to Heroes and 20% more health aswell)(Passive)
2.Wisdom of Ancient Library (Boosts Alatar with 20% faster abil-recharging and reduces his revive time by 30%)(Passive)
3.Grace of Spring (provides 300% income to selected res-structure (permanently ofc))
4.We are not Alone.... (Summons random-type batallions of Dwarfen/Elven units (2 of them))

Third Line (15pts)
1.Tricks of Economical Strategy (provides 25% discount on everything, also 15% faster building speed)( does not affect Heroes)(Passive)
2.Merciless Winds (same as Angmar's Fell Wind, BUT with greatly increased spell damage (cuz it's 15 pts at all )(Same CD as Fell Wind)
3.Even West Comes to Aid! (Summons several bat-s of MotW forces for long duration, and Gondor Captain hero unit with them)(Gondor Captain's Abilities are Train Allies, Horn of Gondor (like Boromir's) standart CaH Leadership, Mount/Dismount and Heroic Charge, he comes at lvl 10, has mid-game hero's stats but is weak at all)(Bat-s are fully upgraded and Captain disapers with them as soon as spell's duration ends)

Fourth Line (25pts)
1.Summon Dorwinion Keep (same as Dwarven 1, BUT with wines on walls, also it can be used as Barracks to train units from different original Barracks)
2.Sunflare/Flood/Earhquake..........

Hope u'll like my ideas

P.S also i have an idea to imrove 'size' of spellbooks, like campagin ones, BUT not to create just combined spellbooks with spells of 2-3 factions, it would be very nice to add new interesting WotE-style spells to all factions in that new expanded and 'large' spellbooks!!

ok now ive come with ideas about old heroes!(MotW today)

Eowyn
rank 10 - Shadow's Bane (i'll find better name for that lol)increases damage by 200% and armor by 50% while fighting The Nine, Waights (if i spelled them correctly :blush: ) and Mewlips! (Passive)

Boromir
rank 9 - Sweeping Strikes-deals small AoE damage with all attacks. (Passive)

rank 6 - Shield Bash-powerfull close-range melee attack, that deals high dmg but stuns the target for few secs and sets all his power to 'just used'

Eomer
rank 10 - Heir of Yomund - gives Eomer his father's royal armour, granting him 60% more armor and 25% more HP

Denethor
rank 5 - The True Captain of Gondor - while standing near Boromir and Faramir, gives them 20% Attack Speed and 20% more HP(passive)

rank 10- Demoralising Voice - all enemys within large radius flee in terror and fear!(medium CD)

Theoden
rank 10-Summon Rohirim/Royal Guards

Aragorn
(i read somewhere that u want to replcae his Athelas with Mount/Unmount, i think it's not good idea, cuz his Leadership is less usefull than Athelas at all, so u better change his Leadership not Athelas in my opinion) (or u can just made his leadership non-seen-in-palantir ability)

Faramir
rank 5 - Teachings of Mitriandir - faramir's abilities recharge 20% faster and he also receives 10% attack-range bonus(passive) (replaces Leadership)

That's all with MotW
(soon i'll add description for all abilities)

Elven Heroes!
Haldir
rank 4 - Bow Mastery - shoots 2 arrow instead of 1! (2 targets) (double dmg to single units) (Passive) (if that's not possible than make his attacks small AoE(bonus damage against Monsters 50-60%)(passive)

rank 6 - Captain of Galadhrim - Grants all Galadhrim Warriors near Haldir 20% to their attack range, 20% attack speed and 60% armor/dmg (only affects Galadhrim Warriors) (Passive) (replaces standart leadership)

rank 8 - Lothlorien Sentinels - Summons 2 bat-s Galadhrim Warriors with Banners and Forged Blades Upgrades only

Glorfindel
rank 8 - Armor of Valar - this magic armour is even more lighter and stroner in same time! Provides 20% Attack Speed 80% Armor 30% HP.(Passive)

Legolas
rank 10 - Aimed Shot - Powerfull single ranged attack, able to instantly kill any monster! (short CD) (unable to use on Heroes)

Bregalad
rank 2 - Anger's Fist - devastating strong melee attack! (fast CD) (even more stronger against buildings, WALLS and GATES especially)

rank 8 - Thick Thorns - Reflects Damage to attackers and strenghtens Bregalad's HP by 30%, Armor by 15% also increase health by 10%

Celeborn

rank 9 - Grace of Lorien - increases income of selected resource structure by 300% (alternative one---increases elven units building speed (for 10 secs))

rank 10 - 'Shadow's Fear' - Celeborn raises his mighty blade - Shadow's Fear to crash those who disrupt the tranquility of Lorien! (Blademaster type ability) (his sword glows with green fire) (increases attack speed by 50% and damage by 100%) (Passive)

Watch out! Dwarves are here! ;)

Heroes

King Brand
rank 6 - Militiary of Dale - Summons 2 bats of Archers of Dale (without fire arrows)(also all Dale warriors near Brand (duno if u want to add more Dale units :blink: ) receave 20% attack speed and 30% armor)(leadership is passive) (use has 3 min CD)

rank 10 - Raven Strike - King Brand's attacks have 10% chance to ilnflict double damage and 5% chance to tripple damage (passive)

Thorin Stonehelm
rank 3 - Stoneskin - grants him 25% damage and 25% armor to him and all Dwarves around him also heals tham for small amount (short CD)

rank 7 - Whirlwind Attack - Damages all units arround Thorin by using is devastating halebard! (casue meta impact)

Gloin
rank 2 - Pain Supression - Decreases all damage taken by 20%(passive)

rank 7 - Runic Hummer - activates the runic energy of his mace! (use-increses damage done by 50% and 100% against bulidings)(short CD)

King Dain

rank 5 - Heavy Royal Plate - Increases armor of King Dain by 100% and HP by 50% but decreases his movement speed by 25% (Passive)

Gimli
rank 9 - Iron Fist - very strong melee attack which is able to sunder even the most hardened armor! (very strong medium radius AoE)

rank 10 - Dwarven Vitality - increases movement and attack speed by 20% and HP by 40% also his abilities recharge 20% faster (passive)

Isengard now!
Heroes

Draugluin
rank 6 - Shadowstep - instantly teleports Drauglain to targeted location.

rank 10 - Bloody Pact - Sacrifices 10% of his health to fully heal all freandly heroes around him.

Mauhur
rank 5 - Pain Ignoring - increases Mahur's Damage and Attack Speed by 15% and greatly increases health regeneration rate! also decreases damage taken by 30%! (passive)

Bloodthirsty Sloughter (Small Description----Who you are to told us what to do?!)
rank 10 - kills tageted Orc Overseer (friendly) by bloody execution! All nearby Uruks fully restore all their HP and grant them 50% armor and 50% damage)

Sharku
rank 4 - Taste man Flesh! (gives experience to targeted Wargs and Warg riders)

rank 7 - Riders of White Hand (summons 2 bat-s of fully upgraded Warg Riders)

Wulf
rank NONE - Unpunishable Looter (steals resources from targeted recource structure) (equal as CaH's rank 2 steal)

rank 10 - Oath of Blood - Grants him 100% Attack Speed and 150% damage but decreases Armor by 30%(medium CD)

Evil Men

*NEW HERO*

Name - Herestal

Backround story - Herestal is son of Rhun king who was murdered by Khamul to take his throne. But long ago it times when King of Rhun rules his kingdom Herestal comes to his father with request to ally with new and growing power of Mordor. Ambitious king was too blind and so he highly believes that orcs of mordor are too weak to stand against his armies.Filled with anger and hatred to his father Herestal left the palace and sweared to take the throne of Rhun and
kill anyone who will opose him. After few days he left the corners of Rhun and headed in unknown to himself way. The strange voice in his head ordered him where to go. When he realised that he just passed Harad and entered Mordor was too late to turn back. He knew that something is wrong but the voice inside his mind was too strong. And after few minutes of agony he saw an horseman in front of him. That was Khamul! Herestal kneeled before Khamul and prayed for mercy. But Khamul took his blade and yelled "This will be the last time u prayed for mercy! From now on you are my Right Hand! Do you want to take the Throne of Rhun? Do you want to kill the man who was too stupid to hear your wise advices? Do you want to become the mightiest warrior of the East?Will you
aid me in this Great Storm of the East?" Covered by fear and blinded by fake promises he agreed - "Yes...master"
"So be it" - screamed the voice inside of him, the voice of Khamul the Terror of the East.

And so Herestal becomes becomes first Easterling who served to Mordor. And even after the murdering of his father he didn't find peace. And so he became one of the most cruel and unmercifull leutenants of East legions.

Abilites

Lvl 1 - Spear Throw

Single powerfull ranged attack.

Lvl 3 - Art of the East

Blade Master type ability

Lvl 5 - Prince of the Sands

Easterlings, Easterling Archers, Soldiers of Rhun and Dark Easterlings near Herestal gain 30% Attack Speed and 25% to Damage and Armor

Lvl 7 - Windslash

Very strong single melee attack that tears apart even the finest armour.

Lvl 10 - "Cobrabane" (passive)

Herestal gains his family weapon - the legendary Cobrabane. Legends said that with this weapon was killed one of the mightiest Were-Worms of the East.
By wielding this weapon Herestal gains 75% to Damage and 25% to Attack Speed. Also deals aditional damage to Monster-type units

Edited by Havefun, 20 January 2008 - 11:10 AM.

94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons, if you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.

#2 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

mmmm im only a mapper but there could be another use for you as you seem interested in dorwinion!, ok, you could record voices for the dorwinion folk, not my decision.

good ideas :blush: ;) :blink: (i like the ideas)

#3 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

As I stated before, they aren't bad...

but this doesn't mean that they don't need changes:

LEVEL 1 SPELLS:

You should replace the "Enchanted Wineyard" with "Rallying Call" (or such) and make the "Enchanted Wineyard" a "Level 2" spell. I also suggest to rename it to "Wineyard" (since the men of Dorwinion can't "enchant" things :blush: ).

LEVEL 2 SPELLS:

Goods from Royal Winery: rename it to "Royal Gifts" or such. Long spell names aren't good...

Wisdom of Ancient Library: I don't really think Dorwinion should have two hero-boosting powers, even if the second one effects only a single hero. This could be replaced with the "Wineyard" (see it above).

We Are Not Alone: this just can't be done, I think... it would be messy to make a power which randomly summons units, you know. How bout summoning 2 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni and 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Pikemen (all battalions fully upgraded) ?

LEVEL 3 SPELLS:

Tricks of Economical Strategy: rename it to "Advanced Economy" or such. Also, 25% discount on EVERYTHING is a serious advantage... not to mention the 15% faster building speed... and (not certain about this) Dorwinion might will get some kind of Fortress upgrade which will also reduce price. I suggest to nerf it to 20% price reduction and take out the "faster building speed".

Merciless Winds: Dorwinion is not a quite "offensive" magic-using faction, you know... okay, some offensive spell would be nice, but not winds (Evil Men already have "Desert Winds" anyway). Maybe "Sapper", which damages buildings and units in the area of effect ?

Even the West Comes to Aid: first, rename it to "Summon Gondor Allies" (or such). Second, it shouldn't summon a Hero, it would make it overpowered. How about 2 battalions of Gondor Soldiers, 2 battalions of Gondor Pikemen and 2 battalions of Gondor Archers, all with upgraded weapons ?

LEVEL 4 SPELLS:

Summon Dorwinion Keep: ehh... no, I don't like this one ;) even a spell which summons the Black Eagle or the Army of Kalorme would be better.

Sunflare/Flood/Earthquake: if you consider adding "Sapper", then Sunflare. If not, then Earthquake.

Just trying to help :blink:
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#4 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

@ MB

well agree with u in only 2 points- with power "We Are Not Alone" well IF summoning random units is impossible, then it's ok with 2 battalions of Dwarves of Orocarni and 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Pikemen.
and also agree with Gondor Captain hero's overpowerness, BUT he can be just like 25% of normal mid-game hero, so he will be just like strong unit at all.

But in other points i think there's no reason to take ur changes, cuz if u'll do so, then dorwinion will be just standart EA-made faction with no-unique powers ;) ....so? don' think that this is good idea to replace Enchanced Wineyards with Rallying Call and other changes are stupid :sleep: (sorries for that word MB :xd: )

donno what happens to u MB but i always liked ur ideas :unsure: and u are great Idea Guy in my opinion ;)
94% of teenagers today are a bunch of uninformed morons, if you are one of the 6% who actually reads the paper, or anything besides cheap magazines and a couple of schoolbooks, copy and paste this into your signature.

#5 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 07:48 PM

new ideas are coming! ;)

Edited by Havefun, 11 August 2007 - 08:30 AM.

#6 Guest_Madnight_*

Guest_Madnight_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:03 PM

O.o OMG never seen such cool ideas!!!! i realy want this new abilities too much!! pls make this mod faster!! can't wait to play this 1 and also invite all my firends to this fantastic MOD
and by the way this are the most coolest ideas for standart BFME hereos i ever seen!!!
;)

#7 MajorDima

MajorDima
  • Project Team
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E Beta tester
  •  Mapper

Posted 11 August 2007 - 04:17 AM

I don't really think you should replace Aragon's leadership, and theodons summon royal gaurd - its too boring.
other than that great ideas

#8 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:02 AM

Sorry for being a bit rude yesterday HF, it's just that I'm having a language exam TODAY - not to mention that my father felt very ill and he was taken to hospital... made me VERY worried ;) - and therefore UN-creative.

(Fortunately, the doctor says it's nothing serious, he'll be alright ;) )

Oh, and nice new suggies by the way... but I suggest you to put ALL your ideas into the FIRST post (by using the "'EDIT" buttom). If you don't do so, sooner or later your suggestion topic will be a complete chaos, making your suggies very hard to find.

We'll discuss the details of your ideas later today, okay ? Until then, please wish me luck on the exam :unsure:
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#9 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Oh MB realy sorry about ur father :sleep: .

And what about luck in exam......well i think u r in no need of luck- u ask why? i answer -UR ENGLISH IS F...ING NICE MATE ;) !!! but well......anyways GOOOOOD LUUUUUCKK! remember about WotE and everything MUST be OKAY!!!! :unsure:

And by the way, what about suggs - gonna do with em as u command, boss ;)

Edited by Havefun, 11 August 2007 - 08:34 AM.

#10 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

Okay, I'm here ! Seems you were right HF...

My father is alright (he can't do hard work and eat certain things for a while thought), and my exam was quite easy... or I was too clever ? Who knows... but I will certainly pass :D

Now, 'bout the suggies:

Eowin - Shadow's Bane: good idea ! But I dunno if it's possible to give her armor ONLY against such beings... bonus damage against them is entirely possible, but I'm not sure about the armor. Maybe Ithron will be able to tell more.

NOTE: it's spelled "Wraith" ;)

Boromir - Sweeping Strike: nice one, but Boromir should get it on a lower level, I think. Maybe on level 6.

Boromir - Gondor Must Stand: um... Boromir is not such a leader-type like Denethor or Theoden, if you get me ;) ; he shouldn't have summoning spells. A "Last Stand" (see at Gamling) type power would be better.

Eomer - Heir of Yomund: good idea :good: this would make him last a bit longer. You could buff it further, though. Like +60% armor and +25% health.

Denethor - The True Captain of Gondor: seeing that it effects Boromir and Faramir, I would rather name this ability as "Father of Captains" or such... otherwise, good.

Denethor - Demoralizing Voice: um... I don't say it's a bad idea, but Denethor demoralized the defenders rather than the attackers, ya' know :xd: you could make this as a special buffing ability as an alternative: nearby friendly units lose 25% damage and armor, but gain +100% movement speed, slightly heal and have their abilities recharged. That would be fun :lol:

But it's entirely up to you.

Theoden - Summon Royal Guard: it had been suggested over a hundred times on different forums (I myself suggested it, I've deleted it since then). True, not original, but still fitting.

But you know what ? What about an ability like Suladan's "Mumakil Rampage", but with Rohirrim ? Like...

Let the Spears Break - sends out a group Rohirrim riders to traple down everything in the selected area. Great damage to foot soldiers, minor damage to buildings.

Aragorn - Mount / Unmount: I suggested this because I wanted him to lead the charge like he did so in the films and stuff. And "Athelas" is NOT any better than "Leadership" in my opinion. I just wanted to make Aragorn more like as he was in the films.

Faramir - Teachings of Mitriandir: fine as it is ;)

That's all for now.
Posted Image
---

#11 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:06 PM

k thx alot!

But what about Denethor's 'The True Captain'-it affects ONLY BOROMIR, cuz he likes Boromir too much as u know ;)

Boromir (Sweeping Strikes) -- yeah i thought about granting him this ability at lower lvls(4-6)

and what about last stand, well that's tooooo non-original :good:
i saw this ability in like 100 mods lol and not only in bfme2 in bfme 1 aswell
so i think we better add him something new, something original,maybe well my plan B? :D

Boromir

rank 9-Cheating the Destiny (if boromir loses all his health, he restores 60% of his HP instead of dying!) (10mins CD) (passive)

or an alternative 1)) rank 6 - Shield Bash-powerfull close-range melee attack, that deals low dmg but stuns the target for few secs and sets all his power to 'just used' -----nice 1 isn't it? :xd:

and pls choose 1)) so i'll edit my topic' main post.

and btw new ideas for Old heroes are coming tomorow!! sorry i planned to post them today, BUT well i had very crappy day! seperated from my GF well u know that realy sux ;) :lol:

#12 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

HF, I bring important news. Ithron took a look at your ideas and told me he finds them quite promising, and you should keep up the good work. If you work hard, you might even earn the rank of Staff Member - and then you can join our little team :p !

Oh, and about expanding the spellbooks: it IS possible, BUT Ithron will consider working on it ONLY once the main things are done (bugs solved, Dorwinion/Evil Men fully finished, changes at other factions are finished, and then all of the new version is released) - so most likely just before the release, OR after the release (so in a next version of WotE). I know this sounds weird for you, but still better than nothing ;)

Ands now, back to the suggies:

Denethor - The True Captain of Gondor: then it should be called "Father of Boromir" :p - but a passive ability which effects only ONE hero or type of unit isn't too useful. Consider about it. Even Gamling's King's Guard (or how was it called) ability is better, for it effects not only Theoden, but Eomer and Aragorn as well.

Boromir - Cheating the Desteny: well... I dunno if it's possible to give recharge time for PASSIVE abilities. Gamling's "Last Stand" has no recharge time. And I don't like this idea too much anyway (don't take this as an insult).

Boromir - Shield Bash: that's better :cool: - but it should deal highner damage, have some AoE and should also knock back enemies. Otherwise, I like it.
Posted Image
---

#13 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 06:11 PM

k done with Elves already! (check post) :cool:

gonna post ideas about Dwarven heroes today in 30-40 mins (maybe even earlier) ;)

and btw thx MB :p ! ur opinion is too important for me! :p

Edited by Havefun, 12 August 2007 - 06:13 PM.

#14 GilGalad

GilGalad

High King of Noldor

• Project Team
  • 171 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester of- Wars of the East( i was when Ithon still was here)
  •  Follower of Helms Deep Last Hope, WotE, S.E.E and RJ ROTWK.

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:12 AM

Amazing elven and MotW spells, really like it.... very good! :mellow:
Thank you Ithron for the avatar
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:33 AM

Impressive... Keep up the good work! I hope I can implement as many of your ideas, but I can't use them all, because I already have 2 idea guys and I have my own ideas as well :mellow:

#16 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 02:46 PM

k i've planned to post Dwarven Ideas yesterday but my network was dead! :sad2:
i've fixed it now! and here are the dwarven ideas!(check my first post to see them) :good:

And thx guys for ur opinion! :)

and ehm......IthronAiwendil himslef posted here!!! ;) OMG!! i'm well.....i'll keep working hard ofc!!! ;)

#17 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

<Sigh>... this event reminds me of the day when Ithron sent his first post to my topic... good (not so) old times :)

I've told you, HF: work hard, and you can achieve great things :cool:

But now, to the suggies !

Elven Hero Updates:

Haldir - Bow Mastery: the player can attack only ONE target or area. Give it a small area of effect and some bonus damage against monsters/heroes (maybe +40%), and make it a level 3 (or 4) ability, and then it will be fine.

Haldir - Captain of Galadhrim: this is fine as it is :p

Haldir - Lothlorien Sentinels: ehh... not really. This would make Haldir quite overpowered, since the Galadhrim Warriors are perhaps the BEST elven units. And besides, Haldir is supposed to be an early-game hero. He shouldn't have a summoning ability like this.

Glorfindel - Armor of Valar: this is good, Glorfindel really could use a boost.

Legolas - Beastslayer Arrow: find a better name... King Brand already has an ability like this with the exact same name. Otherwise, okay.

Bregalad - Anger's Fist: I don't think we need this. Bregalad's attacks are strong enough already.

Bregalad - Thick Thorns: that's a good one, but remove the armor bonus please. Bregalad already has an armor-boosting skill.

Celeborn - Grace of Lorien: I don't really like this one. Celeborn shouldn't have a resource-income-raising ability.

Celeborn - Shadow's Fear: don't forget that Celeborn is a "structure hero", so he starts on level 7 - which means that he would gain this as a standard ability... make this his last skill - so make it into a level 10 ability, and give it an area of effect.

Dwarven Hero Updates:

Brand - Military of Dale: first, call it "Militia of Dale"... second, as far as I know, summoning spells can NOT be combined with buffing abilities like this. Make it simply a summoning spell, and a level 7 or 8 ability.

Brand - Raven Strike: I don't really think it's possible to make THIS. Or even if yes, that's not a really good idea. It would make Brand overpowered. Lesser units already die from a single attack, while monsters/heroes have to fear Brand's other abilities. This ability would make Brand almost impossible to defeat. Even with such a low chance for an instant kill, still too dangerous to game balance due to Brand's quick attack speed. So, one way or another: NO.

Thorin Stonehelm - Toughness: Thorin Stonehelm already has a passive self-boost, the "Dragon Helm of Belegost". We don't need another.

Thorin Stonehelm - Whirlwind Attack: you misspelled "haldber"... but apart from that, this is a nice one, I really would like to see Thorin doing this attack :grin:

Gloin - Pain Supresson: isn't this the same as +20% armor bonus ? :huh:

Gloin - Rhunic Hammer: this is fine as it is :good:

Gimli - Iron Fist: the name doesn't really fits to Gimli IMO... call it simply "Sunder" or such. Oh, and make it an ability which lowers the enemy's armor (maybe by 50%) and therefore make it into a level 10 ability. Otherwise, creative and good.

Gimli - Dwarven Vitality: no... Gimli is strong enough already - not to mention that it's impossible to increase a hero's health by +40% with an ACTIVE ability. Only passive skills can increase health like this. Active abilites can heal, but that's different.

Good... let the creativeness and intellect flow trough your weins !

Keep it going :p

Edited by MorrisB, 13 August 2007 - 08:58 PM.

Posted Image
---

#18 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:11 AM

And once again your u helped me MB! :p

k look at updated heroes! all heroes that u noticed and all abilities have been changed! :)

NOTE: Bregalad is too weak in Armor IMO :p so i yhink he could use some passive boost!

and what about Gimli...hehe missed to add '(passive)' :cool:

Also Haldir's Summoning is now more balanced. :grin:

And many many other changes. :good:

Also i've planned to post some Evil Faction ideas today!

Isenguard and maybe Mordor...

Edited by Havefun, 14 August 2007 - 06:09 AM.

#19 Havefun

Havefun
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

ok now i've done with Isengard as i promised!
(check post above)

#20 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 14 August 2007 - 06:45 PM

MB if u dont mind id like to tell him my opinion on these :xcahik_:

Isengard now!
Heroes

Draugluin
rank 6 - Shadowstep - instantly teleports Drauglain to targeted location.
>>this is a good idea, but as if the bloody wolf doesnt run fast enough, why would he need a teleportation spell

rank 10 - Bloody Pact - Sacrifices 10% of his health to fully heal all freandly heroes around him.
>>err.....he can already heal his allies with the heal spell he gets at level, i believe 2

Mauhur
rank 5 - Pain Ignoring - increases Mahur's Damage and Attack Speed by 15% and greatly increases health regeneration rate! also decreases damage taken by 30%! (passive)
>>imo a litlle too uber, maybe cut the health regen rate and the damage, maybe make it 10% as 30% is almost all the way to recieving half damage, but the idea of 15%+ attack and dammage speed sounds good to me ;)

Bloodthirsty Sloughter (Small Description----Who you are to told us what to do?!)
rank 10 - kills tageted Orc Overseer (friendly) by bloody execution! All nearby Uruks fully restore all their HP and grant them 50% armor and 50% damage)
>>now THIS is a good spell because the orc overseer is useless when all ur units have reached rank 5, and u already cant heal unless u have drauglin, so a spell that kills a unit worth 500 that will heal ALL ur urks is good, BUT slightly OP

Sharku
rank 4 - Taste man Flesh! (gives experience to targeted Wargs and Warg riders)
>>yes, this is good i think hed need a warg xp giver

rank 7 - Riders of White Hand (summons 2 bat-s of fully upgraded Warg Riders)
>>ehh...well this is kinda useless, wargs arent the best cavalry in the game imo even if theyre FU but it would take a hella of alot of pain off sharku if he needed backup. good idea

Wulf
rank NONE - Unpunishable Looter (steals resources from targeted recource structure) (equal as CaH's rank 2 steal)
>>hmm not to OP imo and it also goes with pillage fer the Wildmen, good job

rank 10 - Oath of Blood - Grants him 100% Attack Speed and 150% damage but decreases Armor by 30%(medium CD)
>>yess a berzerker boost, that works good and it could replace the earthquake spell he has

i liked ur isen ideas, as they are my favorite faction in this mod ;) good job man
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users