Comment it.

Posted Image

Attached Files

Posted Image
Star Apocalypse, A game made by darkmatter prod.,
I'm a 3d designer! :p.
Posted Image______________________________Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

.:.('.').:.

#2 TX1138

TX1138

TEXT UNRELATED

• Project Team
  • 866 posts
  • Projects:...
  •  Giant Spectrum Panda

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

In-Game shots are always best :good: It may look nice in the Voxel Viewer, but it could look awful in-game
Posted Image

Realism is so overrated it isn't even funny. You already know what happens in reality, how is that entertaining...?

#3 koltred

koltred
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • Projects:Star Apocalypse
  •  Darkmatter concept artist/ 3D designer

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

I dont know how to code it into my game XD.
Help me please?
Posted Image
Posted Image
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

#4 koltred

koltred
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

I made another.
Posted Image

Attached Files

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 koltred

koltred
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:34 PM

OK well the easiest way to test some thing such as that storm tank. Is just to replace the GTNK...

Your naming for the vxl was really bad as it is... The game will never notice the turret or barl...

So to test it your self just name the files as follows.

GTNK.HVA ----> The main body HVA file
GTNKBARL.HVA ----> The barrels HVA file (this isnt needed... they can be on the turret if wanted)
GTNKTUR.HAV ----> The turrets HVA file
GTNK.VXL ----> The main body VXL file
GTNKBARL.VXL ----> The barrels VXL file (this isnt needed... they can be on the turret if wanted)
GTNKTUR.VXL ----> The turrets VXL file

Naming the vxl files as such will just replace the grizzles art with out any coding changes.

Take note* if you want to test a vxl replacing the GTNK's art that just doesn't have a barl or tur, just make a blank tur and barl hva and vxl...

But when making new vxls you will need the names so the game will be able to find it.

XXXX.HVA ----> The main body HVA file
XXXXBARL.HVA ----> The barrels HVA file (this isnt needed... they can be on the turret if wanted)
XXXXTUR.HAV ----> The turrets HVA file
XXXX.VXL ----> The main body VXL file
XXXXBARL.VXL ----> The barrels VXL file (this isnt needed... they can be on the turret if wanted)
XXXXTUR.VXL ----> The turrets VXL file

The "X" represents what ever you want the name of the file to be. And it really should be a short abbreviation to what ever the unit is called. So if you have a name like the storm tank, it would be called...

STRM.HVA ----> The main body HVA file
STRMBARL.HVA ----> The barrels HVA file (this isnt needed... they can be on the turret if wanted)
STRMTUR.HAV ----> The turrets HVA file
STRM.VXL ----> The main body VXL file
STRMBARL.VXL ----> The barrels VXL file (this isnt needed... they can be on the turret if wanted)
STRMTUR.VXL ----> The turrets VXL file

But you should also be careful that you don't replace any of the RA2 unit name files...

ALSO! If your gonna make vxls make sure you add normals, the auto normals will be good enough for beginners. If your using Voxel section editor 3. Just go to tools>normals>auto normals, A window will pop up. You can use what ever setting you like. I suggest lightly smoothing them...

Also take note of the pallet... On the storm tank if you look at the screen shot i took. you can see the pink. That's because you used the grey number 243, use 32-63 for you white-grey-black colors anything other then those will have issues.

Also make sure you are using the Ra2 pallet... The default pallet in VXL section editor 3 is the TS pallet... So go to pallets and load the Ra2 pallet. You will notice the row or pink colors, and those should not be used.

Will do.

And caz thx for the tip.
Guess I thought wrong of you.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users