Freezing Rain Glitch (i think)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_TEA player_*

Guest_TEA player_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:25 AM

well i was playing tea campaign today and i was rohan then isengard used freezing rain. the ground went all grey and stuff as usual then starteed blackening even more. eventually the entire ground went black and i couldnt see the grass and stuff. i could only see props,units,structures, and walls. i couldnt see the building foundations as well. The same thing happened in helms deep. i think its a glitch cause i have no memory of having this problem when i played the original without the mod. Its either that or it happened before and i forgot. can any1 help with the problem? :good:

#2 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 12 August 2007 - 04:32 AM

Well, it's supposed to be darker in Helm's Deep at that time.
As for the other time, I don't know why....... Hopefully someone else will know......

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#3 Olorin

Olorin

Mithrandir

• Members
  • 1,579 posts
  •  That wandering conjuror...

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:25 AM

This glitch has been mentioned before, hasn't it?

Edit: maybe this should be moved into the questions/problems thread. *looks in adummy's direction*

Edited by Olorin, 12 August 2007 - 08:27 AM.

Posted Image

...The Journey doesn't end here; death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass. And then you see it. White shores...and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise...

...Many folk like to know beforehand what is to be set on the table; but those who have laboured to prepare the feast like to keep their secret; for wonder makes the words of praise louder...

...Stand, Men of the West! Stand and wait! This is the hour of doom... ~ Gandalf the White, The Return of the King

#4 adummy

adummy

Keep it Clean!

• Project Team
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:38 AM

this is an effect from the fix of Darkness for Mordor. Cel removed the moving clouds to help stop lag and instead it just makes the map darker. This (for some reason) has caused the ground to be darker when Freezing rain is used. Helm's Deep is a dark map by itself and the added darkness from Freezing Rain has made it super dark.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users