Umbra Tempora Site Launched

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Alucard

Alucard

Divinity(s) Dark Truth

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Projects:EsoTen Productions Presents: Command & Conquer: Centrius Destimonia
  •  Die Schwarzen Reiter

Posted 15 August 2007 - 07:50 AM

To all the above fanboy posts: FF ISN'T BETTER, it renders just as poorly, but has additional js problems and has quirkier CSS.
The moral of this story is to validate your source and not rely on a single browsers failure to display pages correctly as according to the specifications in which the site is written for the page to be displayed.

The code is atrocious, and I'd just rewrite it all in valid xhtml, ditching the js messyness for a simple css imageswap, but for now please just take the revbar out of the div and add the ">" to the end of its script element and it'll display better.

BEFORE:
<div id="html1" style="position:absolute; overflow:hidden; left:0px; top:1px; width:61px; height:38px; z-index:0">
<script LANGUAGE="javascript" SRC="http://www.revora.net/bar.js"></SCRIPT</div>

SHOULD BE:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.revora.net/bar.js"></script>

FF is better and faster and more secure than IE 7 as for the rest of the browsers - to each their own.
About the code -thanx that all makes since - I am not the best in HTML coding >> and I don't want this to be a browser pissing contest nor do I want people to be forced to use only one browser - thats why I was trying to figure out the incompatibility issue.
Posted Image Posted Image
"When you refuse to give in with all your heart, only then do you transcend your humanity" -Alucard (HellSing)
"Lick the sounds that bleed from his mouth Rip the heavens with the horns of the south" -Deathstars
And on the eighth day, god created Tiberium.

WebMinon of the CNC Dynasty

#22 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 15 August 2007 - 09:20 AM

I see you've fixed it a bit now, but the netbars still not usable in complient browsers. The problem is the parent div having a set size too small for the bar. Just remove the div and it'll work fine.

Ambitious looking mod, good luck with this :good:

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#23 Alucard

Alucard

Divinity(s) Dark Truth

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Projects:EsoTen Productions Presents: Command & Conquer: Centrius Destimonia
  •  Die Schwarzen Reiter

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:07 AM

I see you've fixed it a bit now, but the netbars still not usable in complient browsers. The problem is the parent div having a set size too small for the bar. Just remove the div and it'll work fine.

Ambitious looking mod, good luck with this ;)

Thanx for the help and support! :)
Posted Image Posted Image
"When you refuse to give in with all your heart, only then do you transcend your humanity" -Alucard (HellSing)
"Lick the sounds that bleed from his mouth Rip the heavens with the horns of the south" -Deathstars
And on the eighth day, god created Tiberium.

WebMinon of the CNC Dynasty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users