• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Isenlord

Isenlord
  • Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:27 PM

Hi all
As alot of you may have seen, I have recently released my first mod, defense of Arnor. It was rated low, probably because it only added one faction, and only did abit of rebalancing. So now I am going for the second version of my mod, which will include maps, maybe another faction or 2, (I have rohan in mind,) and definitely update the arnor in my current mod.

I wont be able to handle all this on my own however, and need a team. Already helping is Kamery03, who comes up with alot of ideas, and is a great concept designer. So people I need are:
Coder
Skinner
Modeler
And maybe a decent mapper

Im not in a huge rush to make this mod, so I can wait

#2 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 13 August 2007 - 06:32 PM

Okey first of all,
your mod wasnt rated low because it only added one faction :good: But its because it added Arnor that was half-done by Ea so it doesnt really require much skill to do that. SO I suggest you dont add another half-done faction but rather just improve Arnor.
And also, I would show atleast some screens. Because not many people join mods who show no screenshots and are looking for every possible position.
Luck :)

#3 Linas

Linas

King of Gondor

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Projects:Gediminas Mod
  •  Project Leader For Gediminas Mod and Coder

Posted 16 August 2007 - 12:18 AM

Well...Well... This is not your mod. Sorry, but i know it. It's old version of my mod (Gediminas Mod):

http://mevault.ign.c...h...etail&id=22

If you using other peoples mods give credits of mod.

We a making new version of this mod:

http://www.the3rdage...tem-187?addview

#4 Isenlord

Isenlord
  • Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

Linus- get it in to ur head- this is not ur mod- I worked hard on this- not that it matters anyway, for I am now creating a second version.

#5 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

You guys Linas, and Isenlord should work together since you both plan to add arnor.

#6 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 20 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

No offence, but how can you have worked hard for a mod that requires editing one line in one file?

Anyway, I agree with Juissi. You'd better just improve Arnor to make it a real faction.
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#7 Isenlord

Isenlord
  • Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

Well, if Linus ever views this page again, I would like him to know that I did not steal his mod, and if we did work together, I think we could make a very good mod. One were instead of, "enabling," arnor, like I have done, we actually add Arnor as a completely new faction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users