#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:26 AM

Well, as most people already know, most Rhun and Haradrim buildings have no building animations, may not have visible damaged states, snow textures, idle animations, etc. To set these up means re-mapping the buildings even to begin :(. .Well, I've begun the task of trying to set up as many of these as I can.

So here is my first more complex build-up animation as well as my first attempt at re-mapping one of EA's buildings. It probably is not the most beautiful thing, but it's a start. I've re-mapped the Battle Tower (though I did remove some of the trim, that's just plain awful to re-map all of it) and gave it a simple build-up animation.

http://www.rjrotwk.t...wer_buildup.wmv

Let me know what you think, all feedback is greatly appreciated. And if anyone know how to add the normal textures to a building, let me know. I'd like to add those bump maps back onto the structures.

Robert J.

#2 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:23 AM

Nice, I'll try to re-map some buildings as well. Keep in mind that I absolutely ain't a god in UVW mapping though :p
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#3 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

Looks pretty swish, I love the bit at the end where the decoration rises and splits into three :p

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#4 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

very nice job, you are in the good way, I really appreciate if I can do things like that...
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 {IP}jimmyman

{IP}jimmyman

The only was one can understand me is by being me.

• Project Team
  • 644 posts
  • Projects:Mapping for RJ_RotWK
  •  freelance mapper/3d modeler in training

Posted 17 August 2007 - 05:12 PM

thats awesome man it looked bloody good
Sig by Serated
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image CLICK THE DRAGONS Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#6 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  •  crazy coder

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Thank you. I'm slowy going through all of the buildings. If anyone wants to help do bibs, damage skins, or snow skins let me know.

Robert J.

#7 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:28 PM

Well I'm inpressed... ;) even the great Zimoo told me once that NO ONE does buildups for BFME2 buildings cause no one has the energy to remap them :good:

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:34 AM

Very impressive work! Thats awesome looking!
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#9 Distant

Distant
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:12 AM

I throw my two coins in with Shikari. That split at the end is brilliant. Most buildings seem to only announce their completion with the return of a builder to my quick bar. That little flair of faster animation right at the top of the building gives the end of the animation a true sense of finality.

I only wish I had the talent to assist, or to even know where to begin to assist. While I’m wishing, I’d also like a pony, a sports car, a prehensile tail, and an extra set of opposable thumbs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users