#41 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 11 October 2007 - 02:04 PM

lol a building capturing dozer :p

You may laugh at the idea in game, but in real life when capturing an enemy position for your own use (such as an airfield) engineers are one of the first groups in the area to both help secure it and to prepare it for operation.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#42 impi

impi
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:37 PM

yes with engineers, but not with dozers... I mean it would be nice for SW general, but it´s funny to see how a dozer captures a building^^

#43 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 11 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

yes with engineers, but not with dozers... I mean it would be nice for SW general, but it´s funny to see how a dozer captures a building^^

Army bulldozers are driven by engeneers. Combat Engineers have an unapreciated but important job. They litteraly driver bulldozers with machineguns on top. Here at my office I'm co-located with an Engineer unit, and I have 2 battalions worth of them across my region.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#44 rich

rich
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 03:41 AM

i have a question if u plan on making a general without units then how will it actack other teams?

#45 impi

impi
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:41 PM

Army bulldozers are driven by engeneers. Combat Engineers have an unapreciated but important job. They litteraly driver bulldozers with machineguns on top. Here at my office I'm co-located with an Engineer unit, and I have 2 battalions worth of them across my region.

Oh okay I didn´t know that, because I never heard of such a thing. I knew that engineers are important, but not that even they are needed to capture buildings. Do you have a pic of a dozer like that, I would like to know how it looks like. A dozer with a machine gun reminds me of C&C 3 :).

i have a question if u plan on making a general without units then how will it actack other teams?

Could you read the whole thread before posting, please? What about uhm.. Superweapons? Long range stationary artillery? :p. Anyway this SW general would be of course defensive, so he does not have to care for attacks, just wait for enough particle cannons and what ever Creator is thinking of ;)

#46 Robert79

Robert79
  • New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:29 AM

Hi,

will the chrashes down to desktop stop in 006.
Because I can't see the crashes anymore!

Contra Rocks!!!!!

#47 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:12 PM

dudes, the idea of a general without units CAN work. i play super weapon general without building units and i destoryed my enemy with particle cannons and air strikes. maybe a way to improve the game play for super weapon is to make resource intake more efficient, so that super weapon can have MORE money to build all the defence and buildings. and an amoured dozer that captures building is good, maybe make it stealth? and with force field or something, so it can only defend, but not attack. and maybe upgrade the defensive structure to do more damage and more range, so it'll be much fairer for super weapon gen.
I'm the nut cracker, and i'll crack your nuts.

#48 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#49 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:47 PM

OH man.....with all GLA suggestion that been said....i personally think that the already underpowered GLA general in contra will become sacrificial lamb to both China and USA General...pound for pound ...unit for unit this section already have clear winner...fast expansion in contra.. GLA already severely weaken ...now with GLA must build command truck first and research it weapon later....no early defense mechanism =death for GLA ...against average opponent ... you can rush those truck...but against average expert opponent you can't do that(Expert player=early good night)...so what hope any GLA player have...I 'm not against any suggestion to balance this but you have to consider ....the current GLA condition now ...cause all of General that i have played ..GLA by far the weakest ...you talk GLA got heavy defense site...but that the thing it useless against the arsenal that both USA and CHINA got... you talk about fast attack ,harassment that GLA got ...now the early advantages are rapidly diminishing...so GLA haven't got any advantages now....fast unit...paper armor=death...so what i'm asking is at least to consider this thing first in order to make balance...i'm not worrying about other general cause...those general already powerful and some are overpower in my opinion ...that my 2ct...

#50 impi

impi
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

It would be against the conception of GLA to give them heavy weapons. I would approve increased stealth possiblities and faster moving units for GLA

Edited by impi, 07 November 2007 - 03:49 PM.

#51 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:10 AM

GLA already severely weaken ...

No, it is not. I saw players defeating China and USA with GLA generals in 5-10 minutes of playing. GLA is OVERPOWERED in Contra 005. GLA can come with Command Truck in the very begining and build a cannon defense just near your war factory BEFORE you build your 1st tank. It was hopeless to play versus good players. This is why I made some balance adjustments.

now with GLA must build command truck first and research it weapon later....

Yes. Now GLA opponents can build at least one tank before death :)

you can rush those truck...but against average expert opponent you can't do that

You CAN do that. Build workers when moving. Then build defenses near enemy base (or inside enemy base). You can build 1-2 defense sites before enemy builds 1st attack unit.

you talk GLA got heavy defense site...but that the thing it useless against the arsenal that both USA and CHINA got...

What are you talking about? One defense site versus 10 Betrhas? Of course, useless. They are not for stoping heavy assaults.

fast unit...paper armor=death...

It reminds me the time I played as cyber general versus human player. I attacked with fast drones with paper armor. My opponent had a couple of gattling cannons, but I did not engage them. I just attacked from another side and destroyed his supply center. Then he had built some tanks. They could destroy my drones easily. I knew it. I retreated and attacked from another side. I destroyed his power plant before his tanks came. I was fun. :)

so what i'm asking is at least to consider this thing first in order to make balance...i'm not worrying about other general cause...those general already powerful and some are overpower in my opinion ...that my 2ct...

Don't worry. Just learn to play.

#52 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation

Posted 09 November 2007 - 02:03 PM

I agree. I was always obliterated whenever I played AS gla, and i was always thinking that they were underpowered, though really I just didn't know how to play with them. I only had the playstyle of some heavy tanks guarding artillary while planes blow anything apart (I adore AFG). Stealth ability for GLA really isn't too helpful. What they really need is faster tanks especially scorps. They are weaker than other base tanks (which is kinda the point), though they appear as slow or slower than the other base tanks. Also they cost about the same. I don't think that it costs the same amount of money to make a weak fast tank, as a average speed average power tank. So really, GLA need more speed for their units, not necesarrialy more power.

#53 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 November 2007 - 08:09 PM

i think to make GLa more balanced, GLA holes should NOT be stealthed, or as quick as they do now.

other question:

1) will defences gain back the ability to detect stealth

#54 Legend_28

Legend_28
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Projects:Making Maps.
  •  Loyal Fan to Contra!

Posted 12 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

Hi all!!!! First post as a member!!

First off i'd like to say that Contra is easily right at the top in my favourite mod list, good work, keep it up!!! Also i love the frequency and quality of updates, looking forwards to the next one.

Can you please tell me a few things about the next release:

1) Will GLA Holes remain stealthed?
2) will B2 remain stealthed?
3) is the skirmish music fixed?
4) Will you actually limit the Cobra to only 1?
5) is the amount of technical diffaculties reduced, or is it just me but bout 3/5 games crash.

That about it, but i can map (i was in the mappers guild) aswell so if any of you want a map, just let me know!

Thanks very much

Jamie

Edited by Legend_28, 12 November 2007 - 03:03 PM.

- Regards Jamie

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Duo, (2 CPU's) @ 2.66 Ghz
2048 MB Ram
NVIDIA 8300GS with 512 MB video Ram
19" Wide Screen TFT

- That's why i just own!

#55 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:45 AM

First off i'd like to say that Contra is easily right at the top in my favourite mod list, good work, keep it up!!!

Thanks.

1) Will GLA Holes remain stealthed?
2) will B2 remain stealthed?
3) is the skirmish music fixed?
4) Will you actually limit the Cobra to only 1?
5) is the amount of technical diffaculties reduced, or is it just me but bout 3/5 games crash.

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.
4) Probably. I'm thinking about adding limits to all super units. Some of them will be limited to 1, others - to 2 or 3.
5) Crashes are fixed now.

That about it, but i can map (i was in the mappers guild) aswell so if any of you want a map, just let me know!

Yes, I would like to have some new maps. Single player maps. Can you make them?

#56 Legend_28

Legend_28
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  •  Loyal Fan to Contra!

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:52 PM

I mainly do skirmish maps, but sure, i'll start work on a mission, if thats what your after.

Ok so i've just done a rough design :-

The map itself with be fairly small but every inch will have to be thought over, your base is located on top a hill in the middle, your enemy uses 3 factions units and buildings and has a main base to the north but a secondary base to the south east, in the south west corner there will be a neutral base to capture but will be a hell of a fight to do so! There will be plenty of money and supplies to keep to keep you going but you have a limited tech tree.

So far i have not decided who you play as, who the enemies are and the neutral base, so any ideas will be nice.

Posted Image

Right I went to load WB and it crashed, i loaded ZH with contra installed, clicked on world Builder and got this:

Posted Image

Why?

Edited by Legend_28, 13 November 2007 - 02:48 PM.

- Regards Jamie

My PC:
2048 MB Ram
19" Wide Screen TFT

- That's why i just own!

#57 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

I've recieved that many times as well. contra may not be compatible with the WB. Though, i wish it would still work. I was once trying to figure out how to use the WB and make skirmish maps. I got about as far as making water, and that was like 3 years ago, so I've forgotten even that. Though I would enjoy making maps, I can be pretty creative.

#58 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 11:10 AM

Right I went to load WB and it crashed, i loaded ZH with contra installed, clicked on world Builder and got this:
Why?

It is something with your computer. Try to reboot and turn off unnecessary programs and background services.

contra may not be compatible with the WB

Conra IS COMPATIBLE with WB. Everything works fine on my computer.

Edited by Creator, 14 November 2007 - 11:12 AM.

#59 Legend_28

Legend_28
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  •  Loyal Fan to Contra!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

Yeah, fixed it lol.

Im now starting on the ground layout for the map.

Edited by Legend_28, 15 November 2007 - 07:46 PM.

- Regards Jamie

My PC:
2048 MB Ram
19" Wide Screen TFT

- That's why i just own!

#60 ApOcOlYpS

ApOcOlYpS

title available

• Project Team
  • 523 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:09 PM

How'd you fix it. I kinda want to try to make a map again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users