HOW TO INSTALL REMIX 3

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:31 PM

well, since it isnt pinned yet, i thought i might make it since were getting people asking.

Before you do anything, make sure you have a clean Zero hour directory, meaning no other mod files any where in the Zero hour folders. If you are not sure, un install Zero hour, delete any remaining Zero hour files, then re install Zero hour and make sure you have the latest patch of Zero hour (Version 1.4). This is done by having a clean directory (no mod installed) and then clicking on the multiplayer button, and then clicking on the "Online" button and it should update it automatically. If not, try and Google it and download it

Also, Remix has nothing to do with contra. although there are some similar models in remix and contra, they are seperate. make sure you do NOT have contra or any other mod installed.

Before you download, you need to have winRAR. You can download winRAR here click the big download button and download it. You do not need to sign up to anything.

once you have downloaded winRAR, go the the folder where the downloads are saved, and install it. after it is installed you are ready to download remix 3.

you can download the latest version of remix 3here

once the download has completed, go to the folder where downloads are saved, and you will find an icon that looks like a stack of books. make sure that it has the name "remix 3" anywhere in the name.

next right click on the stack of books and then click "Extract here". you will then get 3 new files and 2 text documents extracted. ignore the text documents.

after you have extracted them, bring up "my documents" (whilst leaving the window open where the remix files are) and then go into your hard drive and go into Program files. then go into EA games, then into Command & Conquer Generals ZERO HOUR. then go into the Data folder.
the address bar at the top should look something like this
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data

go back to the window where the remix files are, then drag the file called Remix.big into the data folder. it doesnt go into any other folder inside the data folder, but just in the data folder

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data (this is for the Remix.big file)

next, go into the data\english folder, and delete any files in there, but leave the movies folder where it is.
go back to the window where the remix files are and drag file named generals.csf into the Data\english folder

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\English (this is for the generals.csf file)

after, go back to the data folder, and then go into the Scripts folder. delete the current SkirmishScripts file that is in there, leaving MultiplayerScripts and the Skirmish Configuration file. . then go back to the window where the remix files were and drag the file named SkirmishScripts.scb into the Data\Scripts folder.

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Generals Zero Hour\Data\Scripts (this is for the SkirmishScripts.scb file)

thats it! to play remix, just start up zero hour normally.
THE ONLY WORKING AI IS CYBERNETIC GENERAL. IT WORKS ON ALL DIFFICULTIES

Edited by olli, 29 January 2010 - 12:50 AM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#2 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:03 PM

/sticky

Posted Image

#3 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 20 August 2007 - 10:24 PM

Since this is for helping n00bs i thought i would say this....
olli edit this...
"Also, Remix has nothing to do with contra. although there are some similar models in remix and contra, they are seperate. make sure you do have contra or any other mod installed."

I think you mean "make sure you do not have contra or any other mods installed" saying "make sure you do have" even tho u just said there seperate mods could confuse a n00b.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:31 AM

good find....lucky you pointed that out. thanks
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#5 Guest_Guest_ELEMENTAL235_*_*

Guest_Guest_ELEMENTAL235_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:39 PM

Yeah i had the same problem but know when i try to download it downloads
alright but for some reason the window that says that "windows need to know what
program created it does not pop up and i cant do anything but just keep
clicking on the open button and nothing happens so any help would be nice :)

#6 Striker26

Striker26
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 04:29 AM

you need winrar
www.rarlab.com for download

#7 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

lol olli said in his post u need winrar and gave link and yet it was stilled questioned over wtf...
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#8 CarlosRedDragon

CarlosRedDragon
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:36 PM

Hi Hi
I love generals..zero hour!! wow... remix 3 very good and beautiful a mod!! I like it!! but How to installing remix 3 ?? I already try many time on download from remix 3 and and winPAR but can't too!! and can't find got Version 1.4 from website!! why.. bad?? my english was poor!! :huh: ....

Please help for me .....ok?? I will trying... How to starting?? thanks for ur helping!!

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:37 PM

I explained it in clear english. even a baby could do it, but seeing as your native language is not english, we first need to find out what your normal language is so we can help you.

Edited by olli, 16 October 2007 - 03:40 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:17 PM

yer whats your language maybe there is someone on the forums that can translate the "how to install" part for you beause it is pretty clear so i am guessing it has to be something todo with english not being native to you so.
Posted Image

#11 CarlosRedDragon

CarlosRedDragon
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:34 PM

well done!! but i know only chinese langauage!! have it?? How about it?? if can't!! never mind!! You can teach me about english "how to install?? I can try... dont worry!! Thank You!!

Edited by CarlosRedDragon, 17 October 2007 - 02:36 PM.

#12 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

I put this into a translator.
Hopefully it will help you;

在你做任何东西之前,保证你有一个干净的关键时刻目录,意味其他mod在关键时刻文件夹的地方不归档其中任一。 如果你不是肯定的,联合国安装关键时刻,删除剩余的关键时刻文件,则关于安装关键时刻并且保证你有关键时刻(版本最新的补丁1.4)。 这由有一个干净的目录(没有安装的mod)然后点击在多功能单放机的按钮,然后点击完成在" Online" 按钮和它应该自动地更新它。 否则,尝试和Google它和下载它

并且,再混合与无关。 虽然有一些相似的模型再混合,并且,他们是分开的。 确定你没有或安装的其他mod。

在你下载,你需要有winRAR之前。 你能下载这里winRAR点击大下载按钮并且下载它。 你不需要报名参加到任何东西。

一旦你下载了winRAR,是文件夹,下载被保存,并且安装它。 在安装之后它你准备下载再混合3。

你能下载最新的版本再混合3here

下载一次完成了,去文件夹,下载被保存,并且你将发现看上去象堆书的一个象。 切记它有命名" 再混合3" 任何地方在名字。

下用鼠标右键单击在堆书然后点击" 萃取物here"。 你然后将得到提取的3个新的文件和2份文本文件。 忽略文本文件。

在你提取了他们之后,提出" 我的documents" (留给窗口开放再混合文件)的地方然后进入你的硬盘并且进入程序文件。 然后进入EA比赛,然后入命令& 征服将军关键时刻。 然后进入数据文件夹。
地址酒吧在上面应该看如此物
C:\Program Files\EA比赛\命令& 征服将军关键时刻\数据

回到窗口,再混合文件,然后扯拽文件称Remix.big入数据文件夹。 它不进入其他文件夹在数据文件夹里面,而是在数据文件夹

C:\Program Files\EA比赛\命令& 征服将军关键时刻\数据(这是为Remix.big文件)

其次,进入数据\英国文件夹,并且删除所有文件那里,但是离开电影文件夹,它。
回到窗口,再混合文件是并且扯拽文件名为generals.csf入数据\英国文件夹

C:\Program Files\EA比赛\命令& 征服将军关键时刻\数据\英语(这是为generals.csf文件)

以后,回到数据文件夹,然后进入剧本文件夹。 删除所有文件那里,因此它是空的。 然后回到窗口,再混合文件并且扯拽文件被命名SkirmishScripts.scb入数据\剧本文件夹。 那应该是唯一的文件那里

C:\Program Files\EA比赛\命令& 征服将军关键时刻\数据\剧本(这是为SkirmishScripts.scb文件)

好了! 要使用再混合,请通常开始关键时刻。
唯一的运作的AI是计算机控制学的将军。 它研究所有困难
Posted Image

#13 CarlosRedDragon

CarlosRedDragon
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 11:33 AM

Oh... Best!! thank You!! to Olli

#14 CarlosRedDragon

CarlosRedDragon
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:05 PM

I got it....!! Good Luck!! Thank You!! Cheers!! :)

#15 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:04 PM

I didnt know where else to post this, but is Remix 3 compatible with the crosus mod switching utility or any other utility that allows for the switching between several different mods that are installed?

#16 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:21 PM

No
Posted Image

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

its compatable if your willing to set it up yourself.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#18 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 02:32 AM

its compatable if your willing to set it up yourself.

Thanks I will take a look into how to set it up.

#19 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 08:22 AM

Did the Crocus people get back to you Pend? because I remember there was some talk about putting it on Crocus/mod toaster.
Posted Image

#20 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:50 PM

I gave up on those mod switchers. Far better to make your own; as I did. Ripped off another mod's way of switching, but I don't care. :thumbsdownsmiley:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users