#1 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 24 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

Well, there is big news on the RJ-RotWK front, both for my mod as well as for BFME2 modding in general. This week Crashdoc, one of the beta testers, was able to crack one of the frustrations that have been plaguing those who mod BFME2. In the past, whenever the structures and other models were imported into RenX or 3DS Max, the uv mapping was always lost. Thus forcing us to re-map the structures before making any changes to animation, model, etc. Well, there is finally a way!

Using just a hex editor, you can modify the .w3d file in such a way that it can be imported with the mapping intact in just a few minutes by pieces together portions of the file from an existing structure. With Crashdoc's help, I put together a short tutorial/article on the site for anyone to use/follow:

http://www.the3rdage.net/item-219

Now what does this allow?

- Easy build-up and other building animations that used to require hours of re-mapping effort.
- The Dol Guldor walls can now be easily modified for a complete Mordor Wall System.
- Modify existing buildings for regions such as Amon Sul, Harad, Rhun, etc. in an effort to more easily complete a new faction.
- Easily modify living world buildings in order to transform the War of the Ring mode for new factions, buildings, etc.
- And so much more (a time saver that now allows much more to be possible)

I personally am very excited to see what this unlocks for the modding community, and thanks go out to Crashdoc for this discovery.

Now onto the next item. My 1.04 public version has been out a very long time, and it is time I released another public version that is both patch compatible as well as using the -mod command. While 1.05 is not complete, there are soo many things that are up and running within the mod that I feel it is time to do a mid-1.05 release. (1.05 will be considered finished once the factions are settled and a couple more maps are added to the campaign as well as all bugs are out of the campaign.)

So what is in this release and the mod in general?

- 10 factions (changing MotW to Gondor and added Rohan, Arnor, Evil Men - the usual)
- A new play style that is a mix of BFME1/BFME2 and Conquest/type mod. The maps use build-anywhere with the BFME1 Castles and there are 7 playable maps
- A return to BFME1 - smaller combinable hordes (All factions except Mordor, Angmar, Arnor, & Evil Men are done), all units can level to 10, Shell map, and other features
- The first 10 maps of a living world campaign - found in the WotR area
- A camera system expanded on Morgoth's Minas Tirith map and The Four Ages. With 4 camera angles and skies you will see BFME in a whole new light)
- A slew of new heroes/units for the factions.
- A new inn alliance system. Join forces with another faction to expand your troops.
- So many other smaller features, many from BFME2 1.05 - Walls only attackable by Siege, 1.05 leadership system, healing for monster units at a higher level, outer wall hub system, and just so much more.

There is so much stuff to the mod that I'm not sure even the beta testers have explored or know about all of the changes. The maps with the camera system:

BFME1 maps - Anorien, Belfalas, Brown Lands, Cair Andros, Dunharrow, Fords of Isen, Mouths of the Entwash
Maps in progess for Wars of the East - Rhun, Dagorland, Harad, Mount Doom, Evendim, Anfalas,
Other maps - The Shire, Mount Doom, Weathertop, Harlindon

RAR:
http://rjrotwk.the3r...05/RJ_RotWK.rar

ZIP:
http://rjrotwk.the3r...05/RJ_RotWK.zip

Now just remember, this is still a work in progress, so there is still work to be done, but I'm very proud of how it has come along.

Lastly, I want to mention to the credits for the mod. Along with Astrinax (2d art), Allathar (menu color scheme), and El Kevo (misc 2d art), the rest can be found in the following topic:

http://forums.revora...showtopic=50722

As always, thank you for playing,
Robert J.

#2 Gherrick

Gherrick

Drunken Bastard

• Project Team
  • 374 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 08:14 AM

Thx you so much for uploading this! :) Downloading!! :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:39 PM

RJ I love you so damn much. I know it sounds gay but your the greatest!!! DLING Now! So Stoked to try it.
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#4 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 August 2007 - 03:46 PM

sounds very nice, and I'm download it now...

heck, I might borrow RotWK for this... ;)

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#5 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Developer

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:24 PM

Well I downloaded it, but now I have to fix my game.dat file, never good to play with it ;)

Edited by TheDeadPlayer, 25 August 2007 - 05:24 PM.

Posted Image

#6 mr_g

mr_g
  • Project Team
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

oh yes! thanks boss
do I need the the 2.01 patch? I play without and it works fine, but maybe patch gives things that I don't have
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Lord_Denethor

Lord_Denethor
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 05:22 PM

This is basically just a patch to fix all the bugs right? Good work anyway!
"Hail Denethor, Son of Ecthelion, Lord and Steward of Gondor!"-Gandalf the White

"The Rule of Gondor is mine, and no others!!" -Denethor II, Lord and Steward of Gondor

#8 Guest_Cody_*

Guest_Cody_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

Why is it that everytime i right click during moria part of the campaign the screen goes totaly red and that also happens when they talk

#9 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:55 AM

Well done Rob, and also to crashdoc. Downloading this now :p

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#10 whitewolfmxc

whitewolfmxc
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

Humm fast question , do i need 1.04 version first then this ? also when i installed it (without 1.04) i found out that walls CAN be attacked besides siege weapon ? and the walls are paper thin too..........while AI keens to spam siege weapons and siege weapons become mass kill.......please tell me i did something wrong to cause it ? ><<

ps: i did install patch 2.01 on ROTWK

Edited by whitewolfmxc, 28 August 2007 - 12:09 AM.

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:43 PM

I can't find a shortcut in the .rar file

#12 Argolis

Argolis

Big Crazy Modder.

• Project Team
  • 337 posts
  • Projects:The Wars of Arda
  •  The modding jack-of-all-trades

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

Why is it that everytime i right click during moria part of the campaign the screen goes totaly red and that also happens when they talk

Thats not Robs fault, thats actually due to a flaw in the way BFME2 handles the Moria mission. i once ported Moria and had the same problem. Wars of Arda only ever found one way around it, and that was to completely make a new moria map from the ground up, without the disabled terrain of the EA map (although its cool to have the map with outdoor areas and building).

I think ill give this one a go, its about time I actually played anther mod than my own.
I do not kill with my hand.
He who kills with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I kill with my heart.
-The Gunslingers Catechism
Posted Image
NEEDED: Modeller/skinner and 2D artist for Wars of Arda. PM me. Please.

#13 robnkarla

robnkarla

title available

• Hosted
  • 1,849 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  crazy coder

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, it has to do with the shadows on ultra-high and high. I need to go through all of the objects and make sure there is nothing missing.

To work-around, lower your shadow settings for the map and play or just lower your settings to Medium.

Robert J.

Edited by robnkarla, 28 August 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#14 Guest_Cody_*

Guest_Cody_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

Thanks guys! :)

#15 whitewolfmxc

whitewolfmxc
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:45 PM

Can someone answer my question please ? ><

#16 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 29 August 2007 - 12:43 AM

no u dont need 1.04

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#17 whitewolfmxc

whitewolfmxc
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:37 AM

Then whats wrong with my game play ? why are there things in game that are suppose to be the opposite according to the read me ?

#18 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 30 August 2007 - 07:39 PM

do you have the patch? its supposed to have it...

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#19 whitewolfmxc

whitewolfmxc
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:43 PM

Of course ><

#20 ColdForgedSoul

ColdForgedSoul
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:07 PM

oh my lord!! i just tried it, hell, keep up the awesome work man! mark my words.. keep it up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users