#1 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 19 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

Maybe it looks small cause I zoomed all the way out, on both sides there are 2 starting positions on the hills ond 2 in the valleys
In my new comp there is an E6750Doual Core 2GB Corsair RAM and 8800GTS640MB and an 250GB HD Mainbord is an MSI P-35 Platinum

funny that, your pc is already outdated. got to hate technology.
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:25 AM

Maybe it looks small cause I zoomed all the way out, on both sides there are 2 starting positions on the hills ond 2 in the valleys
In my new comp there is an E6750Doual Core 2GB Corsair RAM and 8800GTS640MB and an 250GB HD Mainbord is an MSI P-35 Platinum

funny that, your pc is already outdated. got to hate technology.

thata load of crap.. his PC isn't the NEWEST but its hardly out of date at all. The 8800GTX was the fastest card available for nearly 6 months, and I read a forum where someone was cplaining it was out of date and too old... it was still the fastest card available... but he complained it was out of date.

If the computer works, and does the things you want it to do then its not out of date. And if it does those things well then its a good computer.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#3 Death_Pheonix

Death_Pheonix

title available

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Projects:former Remix 3 Alpha Tester
  •  [M]i[G]lEaDeR

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:11 AM

its not top of the range, its out of date. sorry its fact.

not trying to offend him, its fact.
its still a kick ass, awsome pc, but there is better out there.

hey it will last him good 3 years, but its still out of date.
Posted Image

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 19 August 2007 - 09:47 AM

First I better go with is "outdated" Comp then with the one I had before and secondly stop spamming this topic

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 19 August 2007 - 10:34 AM

his computer is faar from outdated, his CPU is one of the best 775 out there (for a reasonable price), his GPU is one of the best in the 8000-series and supports Direct X 10, his RAM is above average speed and 2gb is often more than enough. And all the parts seem to be 1066MHz FSB compatible.

:) so shaddap phoenix...

this was the :) to stop all :) s

Edited by PeeWee, 19 August 2007 - 10:35 AM.

CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

its not top of the range, its out of date. sorry its fact.

not trying to offend him, its fact.
its still a kick ass, awsome pc, but there is better out there.

hey it will last him good 3 years, but its still out of date.

I don't think you understand the hardware/software life cycle... you said yourself he has a kickass aswsome PC, but its out of date ebcause there is something newer???? Thts not how the life cycle works. Durring the 3 years that the system can do what he wants it is "up to date" for the entire duration of that 3 years. no computer is out of date until it has outlived its lifecycle and can no longer perform its duties. (in this case playing games)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#7 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:21 PM

my main means of gaming is a laptop with a 64Mb NVIDIA graphics card and a 1.7 mhz intel centrino processor. also it has 512MB of ram and about 160BG of harddrive. and its windows xp.
it might be old, and have inferior specs compared to other pc but its not exactly "out of date".

it plays the games i want it to. it may be a bit slow from time to time but it will do for another 2 years.
a lot of use cant afford to buy a new pc with the latest software as soon as it comes out then throw it away half a year later because there is a slightly faster processor on the market. it doesnt make the previous pc out of date, but it does according to your logic death phoenix

"out of date" would be any pc that runs on windows milenium edition or 98.

Edited by olli, 19 August 2007 - 06:21 PM.

Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#8 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 20 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

i don't even think that ATARI or NES or whatever is out of date... since people still play on them and that makes them popular and not outdated

#9 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:22 PM

now outdated technology would be a betamax.
they were the first ever video casette players. no one uses them anymore. there outdated.
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#10 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:13 PM

reel-to-reel and 8-track are out dated... btw, my old pickup truck has a working 8-track in it... and I have working 8-tracks :) ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:08 PM

with bluegrass music on it :)

so you can feel like a redneck when driving your pickup lol. and have a good ol fashioned car chase in it.
Posted Image

#12 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 20 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

:) nothing is outdated! wiihoo!

#13 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

this is possibley the best gaming system on the market.

nothing on that is outdated. you could run the latest ever game on highest settings and every single game that comes out on the highest settings for the next 3-4 years.

http://www.cube247.co.uk/?customise=14

i never even knew 756mb graphics cards exsisted.... and i though that 256mb graphics cards were the best!

Edited by olli, 21 August 2007 - 12:31 PM.

Posted Image

#14 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:26 PM

this is possibley the best gaming system on the market.

nothing on that is outdated. you could run the latest ever game and possible every game that comes out on the highest settings for the next 3-4 years.

http://www.cube247.co.uk/?customise=28

funny, the only thing really different about it from my system is the sound card, I'm using the intergrated sound on my MOB, but trust me, with a 680i MOB the integrated sound is better than most addon sound cards.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

i edited the post, i linked the wrong one...the one linked now is the best one on the market.

and do you have a 756mb graphics card? and a quad processor :good: ?
Posted Image

#16 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:35 PM

That system is vastly over priced all companys have stupid prices.
I could build that for about 2/3s what that is maybe even less if i shop around.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#17 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:37 PM

i edited the post, i linked the wrong one...the one linked now is the best one on the market.

and do you have a 756mb graphics card? and a quad processor :good: ?

yes to the video card 8800 GTX 768mb, factory overclocked. no to the quad, though the MOB will suport a quad core, I just didn't have the cash to toss down on a part that is so over the top I wouldn't get any use of it. A good Core2duo is more than enough.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:38 PM

never mind the price.... im showing you the specs. the graphics card, the processor, the ram etc....there the best around at the moment.

if you buy them individually and build your own, sure it would be cheaper but all im saying is that they are the latest specs, and we all need them :good:
Posted Image

#19 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:33 PM

actualy, as hard core as the system is you could actualy take it much farther. They didn't make any mention of Vista64, they just said "home" leaving the vauge assumption that it is 32 bit...

If you want to make use of more than half of that 4Gig of Ram you NEED 64 bit. You see, all 32Bit OSes (Linux and Unix included) and hardware is setup with a 4 gig memory allocation table, but that asumes over 500meg of alocation just for proccessor functions, and then your Video memory is taken off the top as well, so if you have 4 gigs of ram, and a 768 meg video card, the most you can posibly use of your Ram is 2.8 Gigs... trust me, I found out the hard way...

On the other hand, 64bit hardware and OSes use an outragously huge allocation table, something like 16 terabites, so the Dream system HAS to be 64bit, with Vista64.

QuadCore, sure why not, if your going overkill and throwing away money, its nice to dream :good:
SLI-Duel 8800 GTX/Ultra, what ever benches better, afterall we're dreaming here
4+ Gig of 1200mhz Ram
Agia Physx card
Soundblaster-ludicrus sound card, what ever the latest model is, hardly maters, but lets toss it in too.
And a 680i MOB to pull it all togeather (with 3 PCIE ports)

all liquid cooled with a refrigiration unit, so it can be overclocked to some stupid high number.

oh, and we can't forget a pair of 32inch super defiinitiion flat screens. Dell makes some outragious ones for a meager 3000 dollars. Convert that all to Euros and it hurts a tiny bit less, but I think its still out of budget for anybody here.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:49 PM

lol liquid cooled with artic water from the north pole and its piped directly into your home....
what does overclocking actually do? make the processor run faster?

im sure you could get Vista 64.... there are optional upgrades

Edited by olli, 21 August 2007 - 01:52 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users