Posted Image

#42 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:40 PM

i suppose you mean GPU (graphics processing unit), and well, i dont know the HD2900XT specs, but since you are so sure, you probably looked it up? :xcahik_:
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#43 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:00 PM

well here it is CPU-GPU Index from a German PC magazine
Posted Image

Edited by Capt.Drake, 30 August 2007 - 04:00 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:09 PM

:xcahik_: pend, pend pend... Ever heard about HD2900XT? they not only have DX10 support but also 1gb of DDR4 memory. in ur face. :unsure:

last time I checked, less than a month ago, that card wasn't out yet. Or are you boasting about the one that was anounced at the same time the 8800 hit the shelf? If it has finaly come out then its only taken 6 MONTHS for ATI to release a competing card. But, as I said, just a month ago the card was still only a myth Created by ATI to keep thier fans from buying the 8800 serries.

Also, its very important to remember that a workstation 3D card is NOT the same as a GAMING 3D card. DX10 cards with insane amounts of RAM have been around along time, but they are not in the same market, nor do the same thing as a gming card. If the card costs upward of 1000$ its almost forsure a workstation card and not even suitable for gaming.

and about the drivers... teh nv4disp-problem is widespread with nvidia users *the drivers go into an infinite loop at random it seems* and i always use optimized drivers, where the ATI ones are better imo.

it started with the Vista drivers, I'm not sure what they did, but the last couple releases have been much better. ATI on the other hand a few years back released a version of the catalyst driver that crashed every system it was loaded on. I was doing IT support at the time, so I got my fill of it very quickly. I loath ATI. Nvidia has been consistantly reliable for years and even thier worst drivers still ran reliably. Thats much more than I can say for ATI.

But then ago, I l admit I'm biased, and that I started hating ATI long before 99% of you guys even played your first PC games.

and FSB is at a set level, but can be changed , depending on CPU and motherboard.

yes, it can, but as I've stated, if you need a boost to your system performance, theres probably no way overclocking can make a difference. and if you have a good system theres no reason to put the sress on your system because your already pulling great frame rates.

Edited by Pendaelose, 30 August 2007 - 04:12 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#45 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:13 PM

:xcahik_: the HD2900 costs quite alot less than 8800... and its not a workstation "Quadro" or similar card, its a gaming card.
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#46 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:17 PM

It's a gaming card like all the other ones on the list, and I mean hey it's only 30€ under the comparable Nvidia Card, which isn't even the most powerful card by the way

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 06:22 PM

ok, then it is the new release of the one they were trumpeting about for half a year.

Well then, congrats to ATI for finaly joining the DX10 club. bout damned time.

I hate ATI, but I'm glad that there is competition. If NVidia anyone dominated the market alone the market would stagnate and prices would climb.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#48 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:00 AM

this comp is not great but it does what i need.
2gb or ram.
1.7 amd processor
6800 nividia
i could have a 2gh processor but could not locate one for this chipset but friends found a online shop that does them so will prob get that soon.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#49 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

the best PC's on the market are alienware PC's. the best ones cost about $10000. this is customised to the best possible maximum specs.
i went all out and got everything i could just to see how much it would cost

Alienware® P2 ALX Chassis with AlienIce™ 3.0 Video Cooling (several different lighting colours to choose from)

Alienware® AlienFX™ System Lighting (many different lighting colours to choose from)

Alienware® Acoustic Dampening

Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1333MHz FSB - Overclocked to 3.33GHz!
Includes Liquid Cooling! (Quad core processor)

Dual 768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 Ultra - SLI Enabled - Liquid Cooled!

4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz - 4 x 1024MB

Alienware® Approved NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

Genuine Windows Vista™ Ultimate Alienware Recommends!

2TB (2 x 1TB) Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 2 x 32MB Cache (system drive)

2TB (2 x 1TB) Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 32MB Cache (Storgage drive)

4X Dual Layer Blu-Ray/DVD±RW/CD-RW Burner (Primary CD ROM/ DVD ROM)

20X Dual Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Burner (secondary CD ROM/ DVD ROM)

Killer K1 Gaming Network Interface Card - Smoother Online Gaming

Ageia PhysX PCI-Express Processing Unit w/ 128MB GDDR3

High-Definition 7.1 Performance Audio

30'' Dell 2560 x 1600 UltraSharp Widescreen Flat Panel - Supports Blu-Ray!

Logitech® Z-5300e 5.1 280-Watt Speakers

Logitech® G15 Gaming Keyboard

Logitech® G5 Laser Gaming Mouse

TOTAL
$10,302.00
imagine gaming on that motherfucker!

go customise for your self
http://www.alienware...ode=SKU-DEFAULT
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#50 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

Yer would be cool but why would i spend 10k on that computer when if u build 1 yourself its cheeper and can be just as powerful if u chop around.
Might be a pain for some to wanna put together themselfs but worth it.
Posted Image
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#51 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

Yer would be cool but why would i spend 10k on that computer when if u build 1 yourself its cheeper and can be just as powerful if u chop around.

even if you build it yourself that system is still up around 7K.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

people who spend 7K on a pc are the people who can afford to pay an extra 3k on top of it for someone to assemble it. 3k is nothing to people who are prepared to spend that much money on a PC. they might as well wipe there arse with it.

building it yourself doesnt really make it cheaper. the cost is for all the parts. that is what makes it expensive. there is hardly any labour involved in building it because its done by many people on a conveyor belt.

if you build it your self you dont have to pay the small labour fee and also the other relatively small price of about 500-1500 £/$ so the company can make profit.

Edited by olli, 03 September 2007 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#53 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

people who spend 7K on a pc are the people who can afford to pay an extra 3k on top of it for someone to assemble it. 3k is nothing to people who are prepared to spend that much money on a PC. they might as well wipe there arse with it.

building it yourself doesnt really make it cheaper. the cost is for all the parts. that is what makes it expensive. there is hardly any labour involved in building it because its done by many people on a conveyor belt.

if you build it your self you dont have to pay the small labour fee and also the other relatively small price of about 500-1500 £/$ so the company can make profit.

on very high end PCs you can expect to save 1-2K by building it yourself. I spent just over 2K on my system, but to get teh same from a vendor would have been 3-4K. As you go up the scale the cost/saving stay about the same... 1-2K in most cases, maybe 3K.

What you really get at that cost range is the warentee. it may be worth 10K to get a 3 year warentee on the system, especialy if you were already prepared to spend that much.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#54 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:39 AM

http://www.crytek.co...t6_1280xvid.flv

Tech demonstrations for CryTech2 aimed at lisencing oportunities. some fantastic Crysis demos of just what the CryTech2 engine can do. btw, the Demo is being released the 25th of this month, and the game on 16th of november. oooooo ahhhhhh.

the first 2 vids have alot of the same scenes, but they also have several unique details.

In the third video they've anounced they're porting the engine over to both PS3 and Xb360, though Crysis, the game itself, is not planned for porting.

I'm all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#55 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:43 PM

even if you build it yourself that system is still up around 7K.

but pend u basicly prove my point.
Building pcs are "ALOT" cheeper then bying pre built specialy ones that are from alienware, ther emark up is crazy.
So let see 7k or 10k? humm i think i know what i would choose since both would be equal in power.
Posted Image

#56 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:01 PM

yeah i know everyone would find the cheapest option...but for people who are prepared to spend 7K on a god dam PC are crazy. 3k is nothing to them so why should they not spend an extra 3k to get it all set up and ready for play than fart around putting it together where you risk breaking it and putting in wrong parts in the wrong places etc.
Posted Image

#57 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:15 PM

Crysis is damn awsome I love the scene were the tank crashes through the building^^
And if I would have enough money well I would spend that much, na d maybe some more for a better connection

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#58 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:29 PM

With any PC that expensive, and liquid cooled to boot (liquid cool scares me) I'd spend the extra 3K to have a 3 year total warentee. It would be my luck I build a 7K$ computer just for it to be struck by lightning. :p

I've Just borrowed an overhead projector for use with Crysis. :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:50 PM

liquid cool scares me

why? what can be scary about liquid cooling a metal case filled with electrical compentents (that cost around $/£500 each) that are all plugged directly into your house mains and connected to the very keyboard and mouse you use to game....all powered by an 800W power supply?
Posted Image

#60 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:23 PM

liquid cool scares me

why? what can be scary about liquid cooling a metal case filled with electrical compentents (that cost around $/£500 each) that are all plugged directly into your house mains and connected to the very keyboard and mouse you use to game....all powered by an 800W power supply?

Olli, a meager 800W PSU? as if :p a monster system like that would use atleast a 1000W, if not duel 800W PSUs. Yes, you CAN go duel powersupplies to help handle the load of having THREE PCI-E cards. Better yet, the do-hicky to support it is only a 20 $ adapter, and you can double you juice!
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users