Photo

imarafan's question thread

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#1 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  • Projects:c&c metropolis (the name may change)
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:09 PM

HOLAS: ™

a while ago i was posting here some questions... then i dropped YR modding because a friend ask me to revive an old starcraft campign i canceled a year ago... so i made it... and because i pretty much f***ked up the soviet AI :)

anyways... now i'm back to modding with a new project.... and have some questions...

1) how does the parabomb logic works?....

2) is there any chance of using the drop pod SW (NPatch) as a scud storm with the parabomb logic?

thanks... and i will try to post some progress... i'm just starting and i need to fix a lot of things (i was never good making art code >_>)... as i have some voxels without readme so i would have to ask here for who made it.... anyways... i have changing things constantly in the mod.... so i hope currently you can help me with the first 2 questions.... again.... thanks

Edited by imarafan, 13 September 2007 - 12:29 PM.

i are a cat full of HOLAS..... delivering HOLAS to the world o.o

#2 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 29 August 2007 - 04:20 PM

Parabombs work the same way as a paradrop but the infantry are made too look like bombs & will self-destruct as soon as they land damaging anything nearby.

You are best off using the FireSW to make a scud storm type SW. There is a tutorial around here (do a search) on how to make a meteor storm that can be easily modified into a scud storm.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:44 AM

yeah... i remember that tut... but all the meteors hit in 1 place... a really small zone.... and as far as i know (i never played TS) the drop pods falls in radom places around the selected zone... o.o

anyways.... if it is a way of fix the small area of the meteors i will apreciate it o.o

#4 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

If you use the Lightning Storm clone instead of the Fire SW, have invisible clouds and lightning bolts, but have the bolt explosion as your Scud rockets. If they are set up like the meteor animations, then they should fall from the top of the screen, rather than appear on the ground.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#5 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

I've got a ion cannon storm using the same SW logic though even with those tags like the clouds or sounds removed they still appear in gameplay unless you overwrite them with another animation they still appear though I've worked around that by making a translucent animation thats impossible to see though since your using the scud storm shouldn't really matter

Edited by SSTG, 30 August 2007 - 02:10 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:04 PM

anyways... maybe if it makes you feel better... i also have the ion cannon SW as a lighting storm :p

Posted Image

i tried to use a scud storm as a lighting storm... but i just suck in graphics and i cant get a good animation of a falling missile U_u if some of you could made that.... U_u

another question.... i donwloaded the infamous centurion siege crawler... and installed in my mod..... but the legs moves too fast..... how could i fix this? o.o

#7 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:14 AM

i modified the original post and made my personal questions forums... i'm still waiting for an answer about the centurion and my request for an animation... anyways... i have another questions

1) can i use the lao tze's units in my mod if i give credit to him?... because it's a unit pack..... right?

2) what i need to have a subforum of my mod in revora?

3) i have current a soundtrack for the mod... but they are from another (non c&c) games.... is there any problem with that? (like legal... or something) i downloaded the files from galbadia hotel (i think everyone here knows about that site) o.o

4) is it possible to make an airstrike plane who uses a weapon like the blimp bomb? (kirov).... because i almost copy paste the code of this weapon but instead fo going down they just go flying like a plane xD

and here is another (really early) screen of my mod :sad:

Posted Image

thanks... and thanks for try to understand my lack of english :p

#8 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

I'd check to see if they're public or see if you can get permission for those songs as for that Kirov one I' tried the same thing but same thing happened that and another test kept making the game crash for some reason

Just wondering though where'd you get that flame animation looks awesome!

Edited by SSTG, 12 September 2007 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Rattuskid

Rattuskid

I used to be somebody noteworthy... I think

• Members
  • 1,064 posts
  • Projects:Osmium (mostly dead), Immunizer (crib death) and Spritezkrieg (also crib death)
  •  Rattus Norvegicus (bitch)

Posted 12 September 2007 - 03:59 PM

1) can i use the lao tze's units in my mod if i give credit to him?... because it's a unit pack..... right?

I use a fraction of his units too. Just to be kosher, I'd contact him if you can. He seems to have... dissappeared. Also, as a general rule of thumb, don't use more than half of his units, or he views it as kind of like your adding to his mod rather than his units being a small feature of yours.

2) what i need to have a subforum of my mod in revora?

Anymore, it seems like all you need is a pulse and a screenshot... if that... :sad:

4) is it possible to make an airstrike plane who uses a weapon like the blimp bomb? (kirov).... because i almost copy paste the code of this weapon but instead fo going down they just go flying like a plane xD

GAH! When will people learn that copying that weapon won't work for airraft types. Let me guess, the bomb flys level and at the same height as the plane right off the screen? Yeah, that's due to the 'Vertical=yes' part of the BlimpBomb's code. Remove or comment that out, and it'll work alright. You should really make new projectiles, weapons and warheads for each new unit though.
Being a total douche.

#10 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

ajajajaja.... i think i couldn't learn about that because i'm a real noob and this is kinda the second time i post here xD

anyways... as i think it should fire the same projectile... i think it also hould have the same code (it's a new projectile... but a copy paste of the original with some graphic modifications).... okay.. i will fix it right now....

also i would start to erase the YR supernova units... i used almost all x_xU

thanks for the answers.... i have another question about the flame tank...

the thing is... i try to make the tank good agaisnt infantry and wood buildings (average against steel and plate inf).. but some times... the tank attacks buildings but doesn't does any damage to the bulldings... i think there should be a particle problem.... since i don't remember made a fire particle at all xD

Just wondering though where'd you get that flame animation looks awesome!

aha... that's my another question.... it happes i'm a flame animation who cames with a flamethrower building... the thing is... i'm not using the building at all... i'm just using the animation... could i keep it in my mod if i credit the building author? ;)

and here is another screenie...

Posted Image

i need a smaller trailer :mellow:

Edited by imarafan, 13 September 2007 - 12:30 PM.

#11 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 13 September 2007 - 02:30 PM

What building was it?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 13 September 2007 - 07:33 PM

Yes I would say you could. Look, I wouldn't keep asking people if you can use stuff (Unless of course it's the author :mellow:) all it takes a bit of common sense and respect.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 Guest_Guest_Uto_*_*

Guest_Guest_Uto_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2007 - 04:34 AM

Are you from Argentina Imarafan?

#14 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 15 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

yes i am :p

thanks for the kirov bomb thing... it worked! ;)

since for now i don't have questions (well.. there's sitll the centurion animation thing U_u)... i just will post a screenie :D

Posted Image

#15 Guest_Guest_Uto_*_*

Guest_Guest_Uto_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2007 - 04:53 PM

Te lo pregunto porque yo tambien soy argentino y modder. Es mas, yo habia respondido una pregunta tuya en los foros de renegade, me acuerdo que pedias ayuda para resolver un problema que tenias para hacer un helicarrier. No soy un experto, pero llevo algunos años en esto del modding y podria ayudarte con las dudas que puedas tener en el campo del ini coding (mi especialidad). Actualmente estoy trabajando en mi mod Next Generation, podes bajarte la version de prueba en esta direccion:
http://rapidshare.co...Gen102.rar.html
Es una version de prueba, testealo y decime que te parece

P.D: El mod requiere de la version 0019 de la edicion especial del Npatch

#16 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:17 AM

AH i found what fire you used I may use that voxel anyways the nod one I've got now isn't doing it
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 wthigon

wthigon

Sup

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Projects:wthr 1.0
  •  Weird Guy

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

Te lo pregunto porque yo tambien soy argentino y modder. Es mas, yo habia respondido una pregunta tuya en los foros de renegade, me acuerdo que pedias ayuda para resolver un problema que tenias para hacer un helicarrier. No soy un experto, pero llevo algunos años en esto del modding y podria ayudarte con las dudas que puedas tener en el campo del ini coding (mi especialidad). Actualmente estoy trabajando en mi mod Next Generation, podes bajarte la version de prueba en esta direccion:
http://rapidshare.co...Gen102.rar.html
Es una version de prueba, testealo y decime que te parece

P.D: El mod requiere de la version 0019 de la edicion especial del Npatch

I can read all that just fine.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 imarafan

imarafan
  • Members
  • 148 posts
  •  Holas the cat

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

espera un minuto... alguien respondio lo del helicarrier? xD

es que despues de un par de semanas sin respuesta deje de visitar ese foro... ademas paso lo del request de mi amigo..... bueno... seria genial contar con algo de ayuda... actualmente estoy solo (aunque tengo un amigo chileno tirando tips)x_x

me podrias pasar tu respuesta?

y con gusto bajare tu mod n_n... otro mas para terminar de saaturar mi disco xD

ejem...

back to topic i have another question... particle related

i know is possible to make a warhead who spawns a particle... but... how i make to create multiple particles?.... like... a scud launcher who instead of spawn 1 virus cloud... spawns 3....

or... a chaos nuke who instead of spawn 1 chaos cloud spawns 15? :good:

Posted Image

EDIT: 51Mb!!!!!!!!!?????? O_o supongo que el mod incluye musica..... genial!!! ^_^

Edited by imarafan, 17 September 2007 - 01:27 PM.

#19 Guest_Guest_Uto_*_*

Guest_Guest_Uto_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:03 PM

No, el mod no incluye música. pero si nuevos soundtracks para algunas unidades como el hijacker o los aviones MiG.
En cuanto a la respuesta que yo te di al problema del helicarrier, el error de tu código esta en utilizar para los mini-helicópteros, una locomotora jumpjet. Los aviones "spawned" siempre utilizan la locomotora vuelo o "fly" de los aviones comunes. Que la imagen sea la de un helicoptero, no significa que lo sea en el código. No obstante si pones en el código del helicóptero la sentencia "fighter=no" el avión tendra un comportamiento de vuelo muy similar al de los ORCA fighter del Tiberian Sun, manteniéndose quieto mientras dispara.
Con respecto a lo de las partículas, no sabría decirte muy bien pero aumentar el numero de partículas es algo que se puede hacer, sin duda, el problema es que yo no tengo a mano los archivos ini para decirte (recien formatearon) por lo que no te puedo dar indicaciones precisas, pero se puede sin duda, si buscas el código de la animacion del warhead del virus en el artmd.ini ahí vas a ver que aparece una sentencia que pregunta por el tipo de partícula que desprende y otra sentencia que pregunta por la cantidad de partículas que se desprenden...

Yo también estoy solo en esto del mod y busco alguien que sepa manejarse medianamente bien con la creacion de voxels y shp que como habras visto, es el punto mas endeble de mi mod...

#20 Mig Eater

Mig Eater

5700 vxl files & counting...

• Undead
  • 5,833 posts
  • Projects:D-Day
  •  Teh workaholic

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

The majority of users here speak English as their first language & so we ask English to be used at all times unless you’re completely unable to do so. If you to wish to talk privately you can do so via PMs in any language you like.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users