How to play ra2 with Hamachi?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Confused_*

Guest_Confused_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

Okay Im confused how to run Ra2 with hamachi. Cany anyone explain to me exactly how I set it up?
Also I don't want this to be a waste of a topic some Im going to post some suggestions. Id post in suggestions topic but don't want to waste this.
ChronoYuri:12000:Chrono Yuri flat out sucks. Ass. I can kill him with a $200 attack dog . Not to mention, he's chrono and can easily be killed while chronoing to a new location. He just doesnt match up to the other expensive unit in the game.
ChaosMissle:1200:These have to be destroyed to take effect, and their duration really sucks. Consider changing them into jets and giving them chaos missles?
Borg Cube:15000: The borg cube really sucks for its price, considering you can simply shoot it down with a small amount of anti-air. I would suggest increasing its armor and hp or simply replacing it.
ChronoNuke:15000:Way too powerful, in comparison with chron yuri and borg cube. I can decimate a base with this. Its like a nuclear missle on steroids. It has no warning whatsoever, and therefore is much better then a nuclear missle.
Demolitions Drone-I can send in 5 of these with iron curtain and win the game, and even when their not
invincble they still cause serious damage. Nerf them. Alot.

NEW UNIT: The Allies and soviets have upgraded miners, so I think that yuri should too.
Brute Slave Miner:3000:Stronger then regular slave miner, faster, and
5 brutes mine ore instead of slaves. Brutes are immune to mind control, carry double the ore
back,and will retaliate when attack unless you order the brute slave miner to move away.
Brutes are uncontrollabe to prevent spamming.

Gameplay:No offense here, I understand that modders have lives too but you should try and improve the ai.
I can kick overgod's ass like its on easy mode. Maybe its just me. :p
Building:The stronger units take so frigging long to build, is their anyway to shorten their build times.
Maybe you could use a industrial plant effect for battle lab buildings and up.-The higher you go up the tech
ladder, the faster the units build. Or you could reduce the build time drastically more for each succesive barracks/war factory.
Certain units : Try and replace their voxels, tiberian sun units dont look right on Ra2.
I might edit this post with certain units, I haven't played for sometime and forgot some other imbalanced units.

#2 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:17 AM

ChaosMissle:1200:These have to be destroyed to take effect, and their duration really sucks. Consider changing them into jets and giving them chaos missles?
Borg Cube:15000: The borg cube really sucks for its price, considering you can simply shoot it down with a small amount of anti-air. I would suggest increasing its armor and hp or simply replacing it.
ChronoNuke:15000:Way too powerful, in comparison with chron yuri and borg cube. I can decimate a base with this. Its like a nuclear missle on steroids. It has no warning whatsoever, and therefore is much better then a nuclear missle.

None of those even exist.

ChronoYuri:12000:Chrono Yuri flat out sucks. Ass. I can kill him with a $200 attack dog . Not to mention, he's chrono and can easily be killed while chronoing to a new location. He just doesnt match up to the other expensive unit in the game.
Demolitions Drone-I can send in 5 of these with iron curtain and win the game, and even when their not
invincble they still cause serious damage. Nerf them. Alot.

No.

NEW UNIT: The Allies and soviets have upgraded miners, so I think that yuri should too.
Brute Slave Miner:3000:Stronger then regular slave miner, faster, and
5 brutes mine ore instead of slaves. Brutes are immune to mind control, carry double the ore
back,and will retaliate when attack unless you order the brute slave miner to move away.
Brutes are uncontrollabe to prevent spamming.

Chrono and War Miners are not upgraded in anyway.

Gameplay:No offense here, I understand that modders have lives too but you should try and improve the ai.
I can kick overgod's ass like its on easy mode. Maybe its just me. :p
Building:The stronger units take so frigging long to build, is their anyway to shorten their build times.
Maybe you could use a industrial plant effect for battle lab buildings and up.-The higher you go up the tech
ladder, the faster the units build. Or you could reduce the build time drastically more for each succesive barracks/war factory.
Certain units : Try and replace their voxels, tiberian sun units dont look right on Ra2.
I might edit this post with certain units, I haven't played for sometime and forgot some other imbalanced units.

I know AI needs improving which I even said in the release topic. Stronger unit's don't take too long to be built here, so that ain't changing. And TS unit's? I don't see any.

Right now I'm thinking you have the wrong mod or have other mod's files in your directory.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:36 PM

There was another mod called 'apocalypse' ( or it may have be 'extinction' or even 'paradox') I remember seeing it but can't quite remember where. Any way it had stuff like 'borg cube' and 'chrono nuclear missiles'.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#4 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 31 August 2007 - 03:41 AM

lol, the funny thing is the only other Apocalypse mod I know of (Red Alert 2: Apocalypse version 13.000 by X.A.A. Overmind) doesn't have any of the c*** either :lol:
Although it did have easy AI, and was great for mindless blasting with whatever unit you felt like spamming. I find O-Bolt's much harder, you have to spy a refinary before you can spam :evgr:

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#5 Guest_Confused_*

Guest_Confused_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:33 AM

LOL. You guys are right I downloaded a mod called apocolypse that I found from mod db. X.A.A. Overmind
got mixed yo with the names think I downloaded a new version of his mod. Sorry about the mix up, havn't played this mod yet so can't really say anything about it but Im guessing its good. Can someone give me the link to download omegabolt's mod and is their anyway to play against people online?Thanks for the help.

#6 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:43 AM

Err shouldn't you be in the MO forums saying that?

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,918 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

LOL. You guys are right I downloaded a mod called apocolypse that I found from mod db. X.A.A. Overmind
got mixed yo with the names think I downloaded a new version of his mod. Sorry about the mix up, havn't played this mod yet so can't really say anything about it but Im guessing its good. Can someone give me the link to download omegabolt's mod and is their anyway to play against people online?Thanks for the help.

Well once you downloaded it and run it (assuming you patched it of course) you can go online any time, as long as someone else has the mod and is running it.

Thus u need to build up a group of mates via pm, some pinned threat or whatever and arrange some time to meet online essentially for a game.

Its how most of us play online.

http://forums.revora...mp;#entry492365
Also sounds you were playing a n00b mod, don't go to random "mod" sites, site to revora community :)

Edited by Allied General, 09 September 2007 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image

#8 SMxReaver

SMxReaver

Pro Gamer in Training

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 399 posts
  • Projects:None ATM
  •  StarCraft 2
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

http://www.ppmsite.c...p...achi&t=9372

That's how ye configure Hamachi, BTW.

And, Revora doesn't necessarily have uber 1337 mods, but they do have some of the best. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users