In case you don't know what a replay is, it's basically a video showing a whole match where you can go around and see what all of the players are doing.
Steps to downloading and watching replays:
1. Click the link for the replay
2. Open with WinRAR.
3. Once it's downloaded, you extract it to:
C:\Documents and Settings\[your username*]\Application Data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files\Replays
The replay folder is in the same area that most mods will have u post their .big files. If for some reason the extraction location above isn't working, you just go to that area, find the replay folder, double-click it, and then drag the replay file into there.
4. To watch a replay, you go into the game, and in the multiplayer submenu in the main menu, along with the 'network' and 'online' options, is the 'replays' option. Click the replays option and then you watch whatever replay you want to watch.
Steps to posting a replay:
1. When your game ends and u see all the stats and stuff there will be an option to save replays at the bottom. Click it and then save the replay as whatever title you want.
2. Quit out of the game and go to C:\Documents and Settings\[your username*]\Application Data\My The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king Files\Replays
3. Find the replay that you want, right-click it, and click "Add to [replay name]"
4. Attach the .rar file to a post
*Your username is the account on your computer that ur using, not necessarily the 1 in the game or whatever, so replace [your username] with whatever ur username is if you don't already.
Also, keep in mind that people can only watch a replay if the game used the exact same version that the viewer has; if the replay was on 1.05.02 and a player had 1.05.06, then they can't watch the replay.
I'll start us off with a recent replay of mine:
This is a free-for-all game between Arnor, Elves, and Angmar on Cair Andros- RJ style. It has lots of fighting in several places as I try to hold my ground against attacks from several directions. Description from my point of view(Spoiler Alert!):
As Arnor, I took the middle immediately and set up a base there with archers in towers and lots of soldiers. It wasn't long before I was attacked in the middle by Angmar and from the sides later on (by both enemies). In the late-game, attacks came from 3 sides at the same time and I barely held my ground: Noldor Warriors and Rivendell Lancers from the north, a mixture of wolves and trolls from the southwest, and some Rhudaur men coming from the South to attack my main castle. The game ended when the other players disconnected at the same time. At the end, Angmar was in my main castle (though towers were taking care of them), very close fighting was in the middle, and I was sieging the Elves. It was a very fun game imo
Edited an old post for linking references on how to upload/dl replays
Edited by dojob, 28 June 2008 - 09:27 PM.