title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:37 PM

FFS YOU RETARD LOTRFREAK

SPARTAN BARRACKS SHOULD BE CALLED THE AGOGE

Edited by elvenfury, 07 September 2007 - 07:30 PM.

#62 {IP}WrathChild

{IP}WrathChild
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:30 PM

Tbh, the arcadians should be made into spearthrowers rather than just same spearmen/swordmen, Spartans already provide light/medium/heavy melee infantry so they need some kind of range.

Some ideas for Ephialtes, make him an early scouting unit with high vision range (He knew about the goat path etc) and give him a high damage attack that roots/stuns enemy in place (Leonidas said 'Nice trust' when he showed his attacks)

Also, we should start thinking about Athens. Any suggestions?
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
Posted Image
Posted Image

#63 halbarad

halbarad

lone wanderer

• Project Team
  • 466 posts
  • Projects:RA, tinkering...
  •  random guy

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

Tbh, the arcadians should be made into spearthrowers rather than just same spearmen/swordmen, Spartans already provide light/medium/heavy melee infantry so they need some kind of range.

have the arcadians as a cheap fast build unit to be used for backup to fill out your command points when our going on an attack
Now for Wrath, Now for Ruin, and for a Red Dawn...

#64 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

first we need to see if the models before the mod begins i can create a website with forums and a actual website if ehtrolian wanted (misspelt)

id also like to be a beta tester, idea guy & already a backup mapper and the soundtrack distributor (i have every song including trailer theme)

btw things you should look out for

lotrfreak is mistaken

the spartan barracks should be called the agoge, secondly the statue of thermopylae would be idea, and thirdly i need to do homework ill do a proper one when im done :mellow:

btw what about spartan archers (yes they did have them) or make the spartans throw spears like the haradrim#

now my ideas for later

MAY I ALSO POINT OUT LOTRFREAK KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT HISTORY

THE HEAVY INFANTRY OF SPARTA WAS CALLED HOPLITES stupid noob
[size=3]
shows how much he knows about history he is obsessed about the film

known facts:

spartan barracks where called the agoge
heavy infantry or royal guard hoplites

ALSO THE LEONIDAS WHO FOUGHT IN 300 IS LEONIDAS II[size=3]

ALSO DILIOS WAS CALLED Aristodemus[size=3]
btw these personal signatures are cooler :p

for example (not yet an idea guy its an example)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Attached Files

Edited by elvenfury, 07 September 2007 - 07:38 PM.

#65 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:06 PM

hey

elvenfury

as much as you are definently right on the history aspect

the mod is based on the movie

even though the movie is based on the battle of thermopyle

it is not that acurate

so

the mod doesn't have to be accurate :mellow:
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

#66 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:07 PM

Elvenfury. If you dont stop insulting him like this right now you yourself will be history.

Edited by Matias, 07 September 2007 - 09:07 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#67 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:59 PM

Well I have some Ideas. Will the Spartans be able to get into a Phalanx formation similar to the movie (EX. Tower Guard from BFME 1)

Athens should be more about a United Greece, and feild a big navy. I might need to look thes up. The Punic Wars..... I think it might be about Rome, and Carthage though. Like Some Greeks went to Troy in the Trojan War so maby you could have the Athenians host a navy besides Persia.

#68 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:00 PM

well the mod should be accurate wtf wants to play a mod called elite infantry when its hopilties...

i wouldnt i like mods to be accurate (wote, LA, RJ) not all miss named? after all age of mythology was the best spartan rts game u could come close to

and btw who didnt learn the battle of thermopylae its one of the most famous battles ever ??????

#69 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:11 PM

How the hell is WotE accurate!? It's expanding on Tolkien, but its not accurate to what he wrote because he didnt write anything on the given subject. You may like mods that are accurate, but you are not to bluntly insult other members for thinking differently from you.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#70 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:17 PM

Well is this going to just be about the movie? or Will you expand it it into some history, and other stuff the Persions used. They did use Chariots agaist Alexander's Macedonion Campanions. So maybe they could be featured. Maybe Athens could have a bunch of others if you think outside of just Athens. Like maybe Cretions, Minoins, etc...

Also the Mumakil could be edited to be a War Elephant. A Rhino could be put in... Hmmm I will try to come up with more.

I also suggested things last page...

Edited by Eonwe, 07 September 2007 - 10:19 PM.

#71 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Rohan

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

i know all about Hoplites, but this is on the movie 300 and spartans in the movie. but thats more main greece. and srry if i dont know all about greece. im in 8th GRADE!!!!!!!!! so there.

Eldarion25 i can understand if u want some1 else for the idea guy srry i am not "accurate" maybe elvenfurry should replace me. so there srry.

Edited by lotrfreak, 07 September 2007 - 10:39 PM.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Long Live the Rhovanion Alliance!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

Rhinos? Should be quite easy *points at the creature in the slaughter-house*
Posted Image

#73 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:46 PM

I also think the Spartans should get Spearthowers. Leonidas Should get Spearthrow does does 25%damage to Heros, and can kill a Upgraded unit in one hit. I might Donate more if I see models.

"Some ideas for Ephialtes, make him an early scouting unit with high vision range (He knew about the goat path etc) and give him a high damage attack that roots/stuns enemy in place (Leonidas said 'Nice trust' when he showed his attacks)" IP WraithChild

So like a Gollum a good scout but not as Weak, and should be a hero for 1100.

The Persion Emissary could be like the MOS. Like can make units lose Armor, and attack power. Like Word of Xerxes similar to Coerce. Units transformed.

This is for BFME 2 (Non-Expansion) right? I hope it is..........

EDIT: Just notice your post Gollum forgot all about it.....

Edited by Eonwe, 07 September 2007 - 10:54 PM.

#74 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  • Projects:Universe At War: Expanded Edition (skinner and Mod Leader)
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:43 PM

:mellow: Well, elvenfury, I'm actually alot into history, and I know for a fact that Spartans thought the bow and arrow was a coward's weapon, therefore no Spartan would ever use them, the Leonidas at Thermopylae was indeed Leonidas I, the II lived in 254 BC, and he fled his kingdom due to a prophesy that the Gods were against him: he lost ownership of the throne. Also, I know what hoplites are, and this is based more on the movie than history, and they have him named Dilios, instead of Aristodemus. Last, the Battle of Thermopylae contained soldiers from across Greece, not just Spartans and Arcadians. And another group of insults like that and you're off the team. lotrfreak, you're fine, and when I was in 8th grade, I still knew most of this (yes, I was obsessed with ancient history and mythology :p)

Edited by Eldarion25, 07 September 2007 - 11:46 PM.

Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
^Thanks to Ark for this great sig
Posted Image
Posted Image

#75 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:52 PM

Wow when i was in 8th grade I was more into WWII. Well on-topic. Eldarion25 I do not mind being your button Artist for this mod, however you will have to send some photos from the movie. I could use for the art. I tried looking up 300 Persian Elephant and it came up with a bleeding Elephant of Africa. So if you could help me with that I do not mind helping. Have you read my Suggestions?

I just finished the Uber Immortal, and Xerxes. So some are done I will post them here in a minute.

Uber_Immortal.jpg
Uber Immortal

Xerxes.jpg
Xerxes

Also I always asked myself why the spartans never used the bow and arrow. They were around at the time (The bow that is) However the Phalanx did work good did it not around that time period.

Edited by Eonwe, 08 September 2007 - 12:01 AM.

#76 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts
  •  Mod Leader for Universe At War: Expanded Edition, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

Yes, and the funny thing is, alot of these sugesstions were my primary ideas: I was going to use Gollum as a base for Ephialtes, and all spearmen have the classic BFME Isen Pike's phalanx power :p . I'll send you pictures, welcome to the team :mellow: . The pictures need to be a little smaller on the icon, though. Athens will have a strong navy, they have been known for that, but I think it will be more Athens based, unless you want it to be a 'Delian League' theme. And the Spartans thought it was unhonorable and cowardly to use bows and arrows, instead of killing their enemies face to face, and Leonidas was even killed by an arrow in real life. Lol, everyone obsessed about WWII whan I was reading Greek mythology books :p !

Edited by Eldarion25, 08 September 2007 - 12:11 AM.

Mod Leader for the Universe at War: Expanded Edition mod, member of Istari Productions, and Moderator of the Petroglyph section of Geeky Gamers

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#77 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

Just forget my some Ideas then, I am thinking more to the Alexander the Great timeline. Also the Immortals in the movies are portrayed way differently then in the real life history.

It is based on the comic book not History.

Edited by Eonwe, 08 September 2007 - 12:14 AM.

#78 Eldarion25

Eldarion25

American and Proud

• Hosted
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:23 AM

I know, but the game will be based on the movie, so I'll use their Immortals.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#79 lotrfreak

lotrfreak
  • Project Team
  • 207 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Rohan

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:26 AM

i like ancient history and mythology too. just dont have lots of knowledge.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
signature.
"The Sky has Fallen"

Long Live the Rhovanion Alliance!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 Eonwe

Eonwe

title available

• Project Team
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:27 AM

My question on the last page was will Stelios be added? Maybe around Antinos they both could get a bonus attack, and defence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users