My ideas

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Just west

Just west
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 01:40 AM

I have not played the mod yet but after looking at the stuff you have here I can tell you know your stuff.

I started a mod but could not get customized models to show ingame :p I never had any problems with C&C generals modding though. Anyway I got frustrated and stopped but I did have some cool ideas and did some coding work. I still have to find my old files so I can remember what exactly I did but here is a few cool ideas I had.

I was working a custom economic system for each side. Harad was the most interesting. The farm did not actually produce income but could train shepherds. Instead of just using a radial system each sheep produced a set amount of money (mobile but weak). The only problem is I could not make it so you had to buy a new sheep if one was killed. When I get my files I can PM you the code if you want it.

Another idea is a way to limit the amount of heroes available at one time (without removing heroes) and a way to divide technologies. A system similar to the original generals system in C&C generals. Select a side say Mordor, select a sub-faction Minas Morgul, Dol Guldur, and Barad-dur (main mordor faction). Each faction would have it's own unique techs and heroes. Say 3 nazgul for each one. Minas Morgul's nazguls could have horses instead of Fell beasts.

On a side note how important is Durthang? is it just there or is it as good as the other 3 places I mentioned?

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:20 AM

minifactions has been done so much already, no matter what rob did it would probly be a copy. some factions have a lot of heros, thats just their advantage

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 Just west

Just west
  • Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:09 AM

well, I personally hate mini-factions, I like sub-factions though. a mini-faction is basically the ability to build units from another faction within one faction. Evil men is basically a mini faction of mordor, dale a minifaction of the dwarves ect. I hate that. A sub-faction is basicly a whole new side that shares core content with another side. Say for example Barad-dur and Minas Morgul basically the same buildings but Barad-dur's orcs are weaker and free. Minas Morgul's orcs are stronger (also has the green glow armor upgrade for the fortress).

#4 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:19 PM

terminology. minifactions are both. what you call 'subfactions' has been done more times than i would care to mention :p for instance. for instance, mordor dul goldor minas morgul and rhun/harad factions have been done so much, as well as the elves split and gondor ithilien and dunedain etc

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#5 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:22 AM

Imo minifactions/subfactions are kinda the same...Just depends how you make them. The whole idea of minifactions has been used and its gonna stay the same no matter what you call or do them :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users