7 replies to this topic

#1 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:57 PM

Robot General is changing very little. His base defenses will recieve some minor rebalancing and his heavy defense will be replaced, and his heavyier mechs will be changed a bit, but his over all style will change very little.

Spider Mines will use a mob-behavior, and will come in two flavors, Passive and Active. Passive Mines will be deployed by powers and weapons. They will be non-selectable, and will simply sit and wait for a target. Once a target comes by they will attack it automaticly. Active mines are player built from the barracks and controled as normal.

The Spider Mechs will be rebalanced. the Assault spider will be smaller, and the chain guns will be removed. It will however relaod its missiles a little more quickly. It will be better vs tanks and heli's but rather inneffective vs infantry. It will also be available sooner in the game.

The Siege Spider will have its missiles changed. They will be less effective vs buildings, and without much splash, but they will move faster, and have better damage vs tanks. It will still require the AI tech lab.

The Tomahawk launcher will gain the ability to deply passive spider mines.

There will be several changes to his airforce, and only UCAVs will be available.

A new heavy Mech will be added to bridge the gap from the Hunter Mechs to the Fafnir.

The heavy defense (Artillery Bunker) will be removed and replaced with a drone node. The node will have an advanced point defense system, and will send spider mines to attack ground units. In this respect it will behave comperably to the Protoss Reaver, with the mines scurrying across the ground to the target.

The Carpet Bombing power will be replaced with a large scale spider mine drop.
The Shockwave/MOAB will be replaced with smart bombs.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#2 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

the heavy mech has benn done right?.... im asusming its the Iron man. unless theres another mech coming.... :thumbsupsmiley:

also, what do the smart bombs do?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:33 PM

the heavy mech has benn done right?.... im asusming its the Iron man. unless theres another mech coming.... :thumbsupsmiley:

Its the Iron Man, its prety much done, though I will be tweeking the weapons and balance on it.

also, what do the smart bombs do?

They're from Contra.05. the plane drops one big bomb that explodes in the air creating a cloud of smaller bombs that then independantly target enemy units. A cool thing about it is its safe to use with your own troops in the same area.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:07 PM

Basicly they are the same as real life smart bombs ;P

Posted Image

#5 Capt.Drake

Capt.Drake

Rangers Lead the Way

• Project Team
  • 1,851 posts
  • Projects:A new map for Remix Mod
  •  Remix Escalation Alpha Tester ,Camo Artist and part-time Mapper

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:15 AM

Not quite but okay
Well let's see what Airforce he get's

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Stubbs

Stubbs
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:41 PM

They're from Contra.05. the plane drops one big bomb that explodes in the air creating a cloud of smaller bombs that then independantly target enemy units. A cool thing about it is its safe to use with your own troops in the same area.

It better be way, way less powerful than most bombs in that case... engage enemy tanks, fire bomb as they all bunch up... victory to you, head to his base and finish it. If it can only damage a large number of tanks, that's fine... and quite a cool power just to put the odds in your favour.

The spider mine defence structure sounds very good though... I haven't played Starcraft much, but have seen Buzzer Hives in CnC3, which were a good concept. However... a point laser as well? That rules out MiGs, tomahawks and scuds... every team would need a shell-firing artillery to take those structures down easily, and I don't think they all do. So think that one though, or they will be too good for turtling.

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:03 PM

The spider mine defence structure sounds very good though... I haven't played Starcraft much, but have seen Buzzer Hives in CnC3, which were a good concept. However... a point laser as well? That rules out MiGs, tomahawks and scuds... every team would need a shell-firing artillery to take those structures down easily, and I don't think they all do. So think that one though, or they will be too good for turtling.

The spier mines themselves can be shot as they run to the target, so it would take several to make an over powered wall.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Stubbs

Stubbs
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

it would take several to make an over powered wall.

I think people are going to be using quite a few. As long as everybody has a ranged weapon that doesn't get shot down by lasers it will be fine anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users