Just to ensure that everyone can find the links to download the mod, here we go (this is the same information released a couple weeks ago)
Now onto the next item. My 1.04 public version has been out a very long time, and it is time I released another public version that is both patch compatible as well as using the -mod command. While 1.05 is not complete, there are soo many things that are up and running within the mod that I feel it is time to do a mid-1.05 release. (1.05 will be considered finished once the factions are settled and a couple more maps are added to the campaign as well as all bugs are out of the campaign.)
So what is in this release and the mod in general?
- 10 factions (changing MotW to Gondor and added Rohan, Arnor, Evil Men - the usual)
- A new play style that is a mix of BFME1/BFME2 and Conquest/type mod. The maps use build-anywhere with the BFME1 Castles and there are 7 playable maps
- A return to BFME1 - smaller combinable hordes (All factions except Mordor, Angmar, Arnor, & Evil Men are done), all units can level to 10, Shell map, and other features
- The first 10 maps of a living world campaign - found in the WotR area
- A camera system expanded on Morgoth's Minas Tirith map and The Four Ages. With 4 camera angles and skies you will see BFME in a whole new light)
- A slew of new heroes/units for the factions.
- A new inn alliance system. Join forces with another faction to expand your troops.
- So many other smaller features, many from BFME2 1.05 - Walls only attackable by Siege, 1.05 leadership system, healing for monster units at a higher level, outer wall hub system, and just so much more.
There is so much stuff to the mod that I'm not sure even the beta testers have explored or know about all of the changes. The maps with the camera system:
BFME1 maps - Anorien, Belfalas, Brown Lands, Cair Andros, Dunharrow, Fords of Isen, Mouths of the Entwash
Maps in progess for Wars of the East - Rhun, Dagorland, Harad, Mount Doom, Evendim, Anfalas,
Other maps - The Shire, Mount Doom, Weathertop, Harlindon
Now just remember, this is still a work in progress, so there is still work to be done, but I'm very proud of how it has come along.
Lastly, I want to mention to the credits for the mod. Along with Astrinax (2d art), Allathar (menu color scheme), and El Kevo (misc 2d art), the rest can be found in the following topic:
As always, thank you for playing,
Download the Mod
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users