May there be Sound...

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:08 PM

Logically speaking, It would make more since to me if you got a voice actor to do a monotone voice and get another person to slow down the Wave-Rate to make it deep and Bass-like, then put it through a phaser or filter so it ends up sounding robotic.

#22 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:23 AM

I only think that the cyborg troopers should sound like this...like the cyborgs in CNC:Kanes wrath (you tube it) because they are part human.
The mechs should keep there origional sounds they make, with no speech because they are 100% robot.
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#23 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:01 PM

Well sure, but they have AI! Why can't the AI communciate?

#24 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 21 January 2008 - 06:45 PM

Yeah I know, but it would make more sense to have the part humans ones with a part human voice.
The mechs current sounds are fitting, and very appropriate and I don't really seed a need to change them. The Microsoft sam voice would sound a little bit out of place
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#25 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

I understand where your coming from; but how is the AI supposed to understand you and let you know whats going on if it can't talk? Maybe not MS Sam, but something, that is robotic like, to take its place other than the beeping wich about 50% of the units from robotics seem to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users