22 replies to this topic

#1 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 15 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

Does anyone have a Centurion Siege Crawler cameo I could use?
Pwetty Please?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#2 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

and does someone know were is a anti personell tank cameo?

#3 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  • Projects:Enemy Enhanced, Mapping
  •  Friendly face
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Staff

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:56 AM

Here..

Aren't those the MO ones? Do you have permission to use them?

Yeah They are the MO ones and I dont think Speeder released them with the Packs he did :)

#4 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:30 PM

isn't just a resized pic of the concept art anyways?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:42 PM

Yeah it is... but still, even if Speeder did give permission to AprilWar to use them, doesnt mean he can distribute em. Maybe they were public anyway... I dunno.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  •  Friendly face

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

isn't just a resized pic of the concept art anyways?

Still Speeder made the Cameo he did the work.

#7 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  • Projects:Drinking coffee
  •  Floating about

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

Here, public version. And proper scheme.

Posted Image
If people were more constructive with their comments, then this place would be more enjoyable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Black Temple Gaurdian

Black Temple Gaurdian

dead and back again

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  Fallen Dragon

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

any chance you have the promotion symbol?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

according to our determinedly dopey Prime Minister Mr Brown, Obama also has a beach in Normandy named after him. If that can't win you an election, what can?

#9 Gamemate

Gamemate

The former weird guy

• Hosted
  • 1,443 posts
  • Projects:Drinking coffee
  •  Floating about

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

You can import it into OS shp builder and add it that way :rolleyes:
If people were more constructive with their comments, then this place would be more enjoyable
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  •  Friendly face

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:32 PM

Here, public version. And proper scheme.

Posted Image

Holy Sh*t Thats a Nice cameo Gamemate. And A Wonderful background Very nice :rolleyes:

#11 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

here i also made one for anti personell tank
hope it looks good

Attached Images

• cameo05.png

#12 Blade

Blade

title available

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:31 AM

hope it looks good

It doesn't.

#13 L0N3 W0LF

L0N3 W0LF

The Guy Who Cracked A Wall With His Fist

• Hosted
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:World War III
  •  The Guy Behind The Specs

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:41 PM

Dudes, don't be so mean, not everyone are as good as You guys.... that secret guy just got into this stuff (i think). Everyone, Even You, is a rookie sometime... :grin:

:grin: good job secret, bet the next one will look even better....

One more thing, it would hav been impressive if you used Photoshop to make the base image.

Edited by 007^Stealth#$#$#$#Xero, 18 September 2007 - 12:44 PM.

What Do You Do When Your Crush Diches You?.. I Punched a Brick Wall With My Fist... Cracked The Wall... Also... I Cracked My Fist..
Posted Image
If You Risk Everything... You End Up With Nothing...... Thats Why I Never Risk Anything...

#14 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  •  Friendly face

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:43 PM

hope it looks good

It doesn't.

Nice blade Very nice :grin: Could at least give him some tips and not just go to the point and put him down.

Secret when you do Cameos you should Try soviet Schemed colours dont use the colours straight from Voxel Viewer. Open the Rhino Cameo and Check what colour red it uses red/pink diferent shades of it. Maybe I should get back to cameos Eh?

Good Luck.

#15 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:39 PM

no problem...

Attached Images

• cameo11112.png

#16 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:45 PM

I would remove the remap, sharpen it and make it take up more of the cameo, even so the back end is sticking off it. I would also get a new background, MadHQs are ok, but better for buildings imo.

If your really feeling adventurous then add some lighting and add sort of extra texturing to make it look more like a photo or a drawing than some simple, low quality vxl.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2007 - 08:00 AM

Ok. Well Looks better 1 thing as Obolt said add contrast but I would say dont have ANY remap on a cameo. I dont think it goes well just make it the actual cameo scheme.

Move it up slightly as well so when you add text you can see the while Vxl and maybe you should maybe change the angel that it faces maybe towards the left but slighty raised.

Hogo

#18 Blade

Blade

title available

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:53 AM

Dudes, don't be so mean, not everyone are as good as You guys.... that secret guy just got into this stuff (i think). Everyone, Even You, is a rookie sometime... :p

:p good job secret, bet the next one will look even better....

One more thing, it would hav been impressive if you used Photoshop to make the base image.

You are right, at least he's actually trying to make his own assets now rather than begging others to make them for him. However there have been dozens if not hundreds of threads on how to make cameos and discussions on how they should look and it appears he hasn't looked at any of them. However I don't believe in pandering to people just to spare their feelings, so your counter to my post with 'good job secret' is no more helpful.
That said, to compare my level ability when I am 'rookie' at something to secrets is rediculous. At no point did I ever post something of that quality without qualifying it as being a WIP that I acknowledged didn't look fantastic yet and that I was looking for advice and feedback to improve it toward a stated goal. Secret stating that he 'hoped' it looked good is IMO implicit that he did not himself believe it to be and so why did he not just say that it was the best he could come up with so far can anyone give me hints on how to improve the appearence and maybe even state some imperfections he believed were there but that he could not think of how to resolve.

#19 L0N3 W0LF

L0N3 W0LF

The Guy Who Cracked A Wall With His Fist

• Hosted
  • 116 posts
  • Projects:World War III
  •  The Guy Behind The Specs

Posted 19 September 2007 - 11:53 AM

Makes Pretty Much Sense to Me

What Do You Do When Your Crush Diches You?.. I Punched a Brick Wall With My Fist... Cracked The Wall... Also... I Cracked My Fist..
Posted Image
If You Risk Everything... You End Up With Nothing...... Thats Why I Never Risk Anything...

#20 Hogo

Hogo

Pro Mapper XD

• C&C Guild Staff
  • 1,295 posts
  •  Friendly face

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:28 PM

Dudes, don't be so mean, not everyone are as good as You guys.... that secret guy just got into this stuff (i think). Everyone, Even You, is a rookie sometime... :p

:p good job secret, bet the next one will look even better....

You are right, at least he's actually trying to make his own assets now rather than begging others to make them for him. However there have been dozens if not hundreds of threads on how to make cameos and discussions on how they should look and it appears he hasn't looked at any of them. However I don't believe in pandering to people just to spare their feelings, so your counter to my post with 'good job secret' is no more helpful.
That said, to compare my level ability when I am 'rookie' at something to secrets is rediculous. At no point did I ever post something of that quality without qualifying it as being a WIP that I acknowledged didn't look fantastic yet and that I was looking for advice and feedback to improve it toward a stated goal. Secret stating that he 'hoped' it looked good is IMO implicit that he did not himself believe it to be and so why did he not just say that it was the best he could come up with so far can anyone give me hints on how to improve the appearence and maybe even state some imperfections he believed were there but that he could not think of how to resolve.

I agree there are loads of things to help but it makes it so much easyer if someone can help you. Xeno Helped me and Gamemate and then I was able to create them but then I stoped I will go back soon but All I needed was a little help from someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users