New SHP by me

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 18 August 2003 - 04:47 PM

All The SHP's are supposed to make up an animation or state.

#2 Venom

Venom
  • New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 12:07 AM

you got some pic's of it Alpha? thats what these guys crave here, and its generally nice.

#3 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 02:41 PM

Here is a screenshot of the silo. (SmiffGIG wanted to see what I can do) note, that this is directly from the concept art, which now has damaged and fill frames.

#4 Tratos

Tratos

title available

• Project Team
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 03:20 PM

Nice, but it looks grainy.
Posted Image

#5 Venom

Venom
  • New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:41 PM

which now has damaged and fill frames.

So that means its got the Tiberium filling up it in it? and the damages? thats pretty cool, Alpha. I must agree though it is a bit grainy, but it looks pretty good otherwise. the red is remappable though, right?

#6 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 05:47 PM

yes, I agree also that the grainy effect is present, but this is to give it noise. and yes all the anims are done, apart from the buildup, as I am not exprienced with those. I am nearly done with the classic tesla coil. The red is remappable.

#7 Venom

Venom
  • New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:00 PM

awesome. maybe I can expirement with a buildup, I never done them as well but hey, theres a first time for anything.

#8 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:05 PM

Heres a screen of the retro tesla coil

#9 Venom

Venom
  • New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:06 PM

have you tried using jpeg for your images? i think they come out a little bit clearer. nice coils

#10 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:09 PM

hmm...I will try that, thankyou for the compliment. :) I have made an artillery for the soviets

#11 Venom

Venom
  • New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:54 PM

nifty little things, artillery's be. well I think its time for me to download the silo, and head on to work. The silo was one of the things I was planning on doing for my mod, but it seems you are very skilled at doing it. Thank you!

#12 xgamer

xgamer
  • New Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 10:54 PM

have you tried using jpeg for your images? i think they come out a little bit clearer. nice coils

Are you kidding?!?

The GIF format preserves every pixel of the original image, but is limited to 256 colors.

The JPG and JPEG format features compression and smoothing to make huge pictures (that are several thousand pixels wide and tall) have a very small file size.

There is no way the GIF format could produce that result.

As for buildups, if you want to learn how to do them, the best thing to do is to examine the existing ones. Learn the format and technique.

#13 Sydr0

Sydr0

title available

• New Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:14 AM

that thing looks like a tent :?

#14 Venom

Venom
  • New Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:49 AM

take a look at the concept art, its accurate in every way as far as I can tell, except the light grey metal looks kinda funny

#15 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 02:35 AM

That would be the gif making the image more grainy than a corn field

I only have to do 32 frames for the idle anim for the tesla coil and the firing anims after. all damaged anims are done

#16 Deathblow Luc

Deathblow Luc

Unique

• Undead
  • 3,768 posts
  • Division:Ex - Network Leader

Posted 20 August 2003 - 03:01 AM

Hm, you can make it JPG so it easier to look at, and still hard to rip (though no one here is a ripper anyway)

Margret Thatcher - Fenring's the one for me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#17 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:35 AM

Idle anims for tesla coil done (also in damaged and heavily damaged frames.) only the firing anims remain

#18 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:02 PM

o.k I need help now. I have made the 34-frame SHP anim for the tesla coil, and edited the palette in wills SHP editor, when I saved the file, it was described by windows as a shp file, but xcc mixer reads it as "unknown" is there a solution to this problem?

#19 bullethead

bullethead

Your End

• Project Team
  • 923 posts
  • Projects:none for now
  •  Someone who used to be

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:22 PM

when you save it try this. nameofthing.shp typed in the box. I know thats what I have to do when I save shps. or else it wont work.

EDIT: If you cant figure the problem out you can send it to me. Ill figure it out in a couple of seconds. Ill even fix it fully for ya so you dont have to do anything. And I wont steal your work either. Im not like that.
Life is but a dream in someones head

Nexus lives in death

#20 AlphaDMF

AlphaDMF
  • New Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 August 2003 - 10:53 PM

it is a very annoying problem indeed. (The animation pallete is applied, so no graphical help is needed in those riegons.) The "reteslaa" file is composed of 34 pixel perfect frames which act simiular to the old tesla coils in the first mission submovie (little bolts jump between the coils, and the coils also have a glowing effect too) In the final frames the tesla ball is knocked off and the tower is on its last hit points. Ill send GIF's of the inactive frames to keep the interest flowing. If there is any of course

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users