#21 Elendil the High

Elendil the High

High King of Dunédain

• Project Team
  • 439 posts
  • Projects:Coding and Idea making for Wars of the East mod
  •  Coder, Skinner and Loremaster

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:50 PM

The idea of a Moria faction is kinda nice, but remember that if I do it, Angmar will need new units to replace the Gobbos who are moved back to their own faction. And as all the factions in WotE have around 25-32 units and heroes, Moria has to be pretty big as well.

If you posted some more unit and hero ideas I might even become interested of this faction...

Year, there are many units on every team, and i just listed them up, here they are:

About 8 heroes, plus strukture heroes and commander unit
About 30 different units.

And i don't think that just Moria can muster that, but maybe if you took all the goblins, from Gundabad to Dunland, yeas there were some gobos in Dunland, i've just read the book. And if it is, then i can come up with some good ideas for Angmar's replacers, and suggestion for units to the new Moria faction.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Wars of the East is the Best

#22 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 07:57 PM

I've got the heroes and powerpoints covered; and I reckon I can just about reach it with the units - Angmar is easy to add units too; most of their soldiers are dreamt up by EA anyways :)

#23 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

Sorry, Elendil, but you are a bit late; I PM-d Sheephoof about my unit ideas earlier. This, of course, doesn't mean you can't help, since we have less than 20 units yet :D

Units:

- Builder (basic worker, can build buildings)
- Goblin Fighters (weak swordsmen; they are weak but cheap and come in large groups; they can also envenom their blades)
- Gundabad Royal Guard (elite swordsmen)
- Goblin Pikemen (basic spearmen; they are fairly cheap and come in larger groups and can envenom their spears, but due to their low level training they can't make Porcupine Formation)
- Great Goblin's Guardsmen (advanced pikemen; smaller groups, but have better armor and weaponry)
- Goblin Archers (weak archers; fairly cheap, they come in large groups and can use poisonus arrows)
- Forest Wolves (basic "cavalry"; they are fast and cheap, but can't trample)
- Hill Wargs (advenced cavalry; they are stronger than Warg Pack at Isengard and can trample)
- Goblin Warg Riders (elite cavalry; goblins with spears, clubs and scimitars, riding on wargs)
- Wood Trolls (lesser siege/cavalry unit which comes in small groups; can stealth near trees and trample enemies)
- Cave Troll (advanced siege monster, can trample enemies, hurl rocks or grab a goblin to throw it )
- Mountain Giant (elite siege monster; same as now )
- Goblin Tamer (special support unit; can take control over selected beast - Troll, Drake, Warg, Wolf, Spiderling - but is very weak in combat)
- Goblin Firestarters (special raid unit; goblins with torches, who can spill oil on the ground and set it aflame, plus they are also good in smaller raid attacks)
- Fire Drake (powerful monster; summoned from Fortress, can use Inferno)
- Stone Trolls (hero horde; currently at Angmar)

Heroes:

- Azog (cheap early-game support hero)
- Great Goblin (replacing Goblin King - he was an idiotic-looking hero anyway -; mid-game army-leading hero)
- Bolg (son of Azog, chieftain of Gundabad - he was slain the Battle of the Five Armies by Beorn -; mid-game warrior hero)
- Greymane (leader of the hill wargs - he's currently at Isengard -; fast mid-game assassin/support hero)
- Gurgok (a strong cave troll, bigger and a bit more intelligent than his brethren; heavy late-game warrior/siege hero; could be Structure Hero)
- Durin's Bane (a powerful Balrog from Moria; strong late-game mage/siege hero)
- Smaug (Ring Hero; you can use the One Ring to summon the mighty dragon of the Lonely Mountain; has several very powerful abilities)

About 16 units and 7 heroes. However, Moria doesn't have to be THAT big IMO :grin: But still, any help is accepted, Elendil, old matey :)

PS (to Sheephoof): the new units are nice, but there's a little problem. Ungoliant. You most likely don't know this, but Ungoliant is actually a hero that can be summoned by Evil Men (the yhave "Summon Ungoliant" as one of their Tier 4 powers)... a small re-design will be neccesary IF you still want to have Ungoliant to be a Ring Hero. Plus, Ungoliant doesn't really fit, since the Spiderlings and Spider Riders will most likely remain on Mordor's side :p

Edited by MorrisB, 27 September 2007 - 08:09 PM.

Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#24 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 27 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

Oh really? Shame about Ungoliant didn't know that - if Ungoliant stays as a summon I hope you have some cool spells; I kinda liked Lull into Darkness and Devour the Light :)

#25 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 September 2007 - 12:41 PM

Well, in Evil Men BETA Ungoliant did have some cool spells :D ...

What about Smaug ? I think he is worthy of the Rng Hero role.

PS: oh, and that hero-control power could work as a Spellbook power IMO (remember the "Morgoth's Corruption" spell you told me about) :huh:
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#26 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:34 PM

To be honest, I think I'm gonna take a rebbilous move and stick with my orginal idea; keeping Ungoliant as the ring hero. I intend to make Smaug that goblins late game hero replacing Drogoth; and I will of course conduct a new evil men spell to replace Ungoliant (I would like to point out that she has no connection to Evil Men at all)

#27 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:55 PM

True, Ungoliant has nothing to do with Evil Men, but she would be more fitting to Mordor (since they have the Spiderlings and Spider Riders now :huh: ), perhaps as a hero summoned by a Tier 3/4 spellbook power. Oh, well :D ...
Posted Image
---

#28 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

She could fit into Moria or Mordor tbh - but better for Moria, considering Melkor (Sauron's boss) actually had her bumped off by his Balrog buddies :D

#29 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

I think that the reason for Ithron to give Ungoliant summoning for Evil Men was that it was said that she went to east. Might be wrong though.

#30 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:35 PM

She can't go anywhere - she's dead. But I'm sticking with her as my ring hero; at the end I'll add a "To Compensate" section, stating what I replace in other teams for the units I remove :D

#31 Juissi

Juissi

AWESOM-O

• Hosted
  • 1,555 posts
  • Projects:Last Alliance modification, The Hobbit mod
  •  Forger Of (Last) Alliance

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:39 PM

went

There underlined, italic and bold...After losting Silmarils, she went to east where she finally ate herself but Ithron changed it a bit, he didnt eat herself in WOTE.

#32 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:40 PM

Ok :D But I don't think she ate herself... I'm pretty sure Melkor's balrogs killed her. Anyways it's all irrelevant :blush: She fits in with my Moria so I'm gonna have her there :huh:. BTW do you like the new powerpoints? ;)

#33 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 09:01 PM

Update 28/09/07

-Have completed the Power Point Tree, please feel free to comment.
-Have added Smaug to Goblin Heroes
-Have added the building section; so far it contains "Breeding Hole" and "Tunnel".
-Have added two new units - "Goblin Pikes" and "Goblin Drummers".

This now means the starting infantry for the faction is complete (expanding the orginal faction's infantry by 2 units). I'll continue to update as soon as possible.

As far as the Ungoliant debate I've chosen to keep her in there as Ring Hero - it fits and I like it. I am still undecided as to bringing Shelob back to Moria, however I intend to bring Spider Riders back and Spiderlings. Will this have a large impact on Mordor? If so I will come up with replacements soon.

Edited by Sheephoof, 28 September 2007 - 09:01 PM.

#34 Captain Beremir

Captain Beremir
  • Project Team
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester for Wars of the East, Ideas for The Hobbit Mod

Posted 28 September 2007 - 10:14 PM

Well Sheephoof for Moria instead of Spider-riders (made up by EA) the goblins could have the giant spiders of Mirkwood. Also Wild Wargs and Wolf-Riders would fit as well. Also Bolg's Bodyguards from the Battle of 5 Armies. And there were Goblin Runners, a very fast goblin for chasing down enemies. You could add Goblin Raiders as a stealthy unit. There could be Moria Sentries, who guard the gates,and get a bonus when near buildings. If Firestarters are in there thats good. Perhaps Mountain Giants again, but they are VERY BIG and hurl HUGE boulders.

Heroes:
Azog- 3000- really good fighter and leader, good vs. heroes
Bolg- 2000- mid-game fighter
Great Goblin- 2000- slower but stronger than others
Greymane- 1500- wolf-leader
Smaug- 10000- Ring Hero, super good (obviously)
Cave Troll Hero (needs name)- 2000- can take a lot of damage, not too fast
Golfimbul- 2500- a tank hero who can also mount a Warg
Boldog- 1500- structure hero
Goblin Drummer*- 1000- commander unit

*not a normal one but a hero(the one who plays doom,doom in FOTR. Abilities: Drummer LD, Summon Goblin Hordes)

Hmmmmm I should make my own Moria faction lol :good:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#35 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:28 AM

I think I've nearly sorted out all the heroes tbh; thought I like the giant spiders idea - I wanted to add them but I wasn't sure how they tied with moria. But if you reckon they can go there they will. I can be a little creative on the Spider Front because of gandalf's line hinting at greater things in the dark places :good:

#36 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

Nice techtrees, IF I ever do this faction there's gonna be a lot of work :drool:

About Ungoliant, Juissi is right, I thought that maybe she went to the East and didn't eat herself, so that she might have had hunted some random adventurers at the unknown places of the Far East :good:

#37 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

Well... I dunno about the spiders... to my knowledge, most of the remaining great spiders lived either in Mirkwood (near Dol Guldur) or in the caves near Cirith Ungol (at Shelob's domain).
Posted Image
---

#38 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 29 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

wow that is a huge list, I like the ideas. what about a new troll unit? One which has chained and uses it to swing it round? Or just a big goblin doing i :good:

#39 Sheephoof

Sheephoof
  • Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:13 PM

Glad you like them + there is a new troll hero (Structure hero) and I intend to re-vamp the old Troll Units.

Update 29/09/07

Added two new buildings:
-Shadowed Den
-Spider Cave

Added new units:
-Goblin Shaman
-Goblin Runners
-Great Wargs
-Wolves
-Half Troll Pikethrowers
-Wolf Riders

Added New Hero:

-Great Goblin for command hero (considering renaming to Goblin Cheiftan)
-Changed Great Cave Troll to structure hero, buildable from Shadowed Den.
-Changed Balrog's name from Durin's Bane to Flame of Udun (both names are used in the book, the second sounds cooler).

Next update;
-Will Add Gorkill the Goblin King (inspiration from a cool, soon to be revealed spell, that MorrisB suggested).
-Spider Units (some unique ideas here)

Hope you like the new stuff :good:

#40 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 29 September 2007 - 04:52 PM

the balrog flame of udun was called

Lungorthin

although i have that name for my mod dark shadows :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users