Photo

Iran, shall we dance?!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:04 AM

http://www.newsmax.c...9/21/34794.html

This link talks about a number of points I'll bring up here but some notable quotes from the link:

1)

However, Iranian military sources told Newsmax that the July 26 accident in Syria “was not connected to chemical weapons,” but involved a convoy of Iranian Revolutionary Guards trucks that were transferring katyusha rockets to a Syrian military base, where they were to be turned over to Hezbollah for use in Lebanon.

At least they are admitting openly why they were there wether it's the truth or not we'll see.

2)

“North Korea could simply be seeking to earn money before its facilities are dismantled” under the disarmament agreement reached with the United States, one official speculated. “Or Syria could have agreed to stockpile equipment or material for them until some later date.”

Interesting point here. I won't hold it as fact, it's simply speculation but interesting none the less.
Now there are more interesting links associated with this.
http://canadiancoali...ges/25222.shtml

15 Iranian engineers killed in an accidental explosion involving chemical weapons.

According to globalsecurity.org, Syria is not a signatory of either the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), - an international agreement banning the production, stockpiling or use of chemical weapons - or the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT).

I can also note I found a number of N korean people killed as well.

But Israel is ready to "wipe someone off the map" also...

Israel to Syria: Use chem weapons & we'll wipe you off map

http://article.wn.co...playarticle.txt

That's the stupidity of what happens when one world leader makes irresponsible statements, like wiping someone off the map. Than the next one feels more comfortable saying the same.

Check this out. Nuclear materials cache retreived by Israeli Commandos?
http://article.wn.co...playarticle.txt

Now leaving that all aside to melt into your minds, let's go over to The President of France!

Prepare for war with Iran, says French minister

http://www.telegraph.../17/wfra117.xml

This is something I've said all along, simply be prepared for war. Not to have one, but to simply be prepared in the case of...

In conclusion:
Lines are being drawn up, sides are being taken on EVERY continant.
http://www.foxnews.c...,298402,00.html

So we shall see, this is developing into a very dangerous situation.

#2 narboza22

narboza22

Q6600 :)

• Hosted
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:Tactical Warfare
  •  US supporter to the end

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:22 PM

I think war with Iran is pretty much inevitable. Iran is not willing to negotiate and has basically said that they are ready for war. The Bush Administration would probably not have any qualms about going to war with Iran and none of the current US Presidential candidates would back down either, at least not the ones in the lead.
Posted Image

#3 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:03 AM

Anyone have any guesses as to what sides will be fighting in the event of a war with Iran?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#4 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:27 AM

I believe 7-10 days would be all it takes to slam Iran into dust, I hope that is not the outcome. Diplomacy is best. Words don't kill.

I suggest grabbing EU by the hair and shaking thier head. Don't make the US use violence. You wouldn't like us if we get angry.

#5 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:23 AM

I already don't like us when we get angry. And we get angry far too often.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#6 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

We do get angry alot, I noticed that also. You'd think with all the hippies and beaches that we'd be pretty happy. Go figure...

#7 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:03 PM

Legalise weed. It makes me happy from time to time. :p

Edited by Matias, 22 October 2007 - 04:03 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#8 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:01 PM

I have given up on argueing with my beloved american brothers and sisters. All it does is make them become (as mentioned above) unreasonably angry. Like they are fighting for being right (or just not wrong) as if their life depended on it instead of just a single strand of their pillar of believes. I am quite happy that i don't live there anymore (altough i had some beautiful times of course).

But maybe that's just the american way of doing things, keeping their anger very close, just in case. Or going out looking for a fight when the pressure of bearing with it is just to much. This is an oversimplification of course, a stereotype if you wish. If only the U.S. Government would remember that. They make the whole of the U.S. act like an elephant walking in a shop selling chinese porcellain.

The U.S. of A. is the only country so far that really put the fear in me. In no other place have i been afraid that the policeman that stopped me for speeding is gonna kill me if i do something stupid. Only later did i realize that he was afraid too. Just like the woman at the register in mall who was maybe put at unease because of my skin color. And probably she never knew because you soon don't even feel the pressure if it is constant.

Of course i only realized all of that once i wasn't living there anymore. Go figure.
Most of all i regret that i carry this burden as well. I get angry too fast for my liking. Maybe that's why i often try to cut discussions short. :p

Or maybe there is no pillar, and that single strand is all there is...

P.S. I believe this is only slightly off topic. But probably not exactly what you wanted to discuss either ... :p

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 22 October 2007 - 05:02 PM.

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#9 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:27 PM

It's all good, anything and everything is worth talking about. Check this quote out from Ben Stein.

The following was written by Ben Stein and recited by him on CBS Sunday Morning Commentary.

My confession:

I am a Jew, and every single one of my ancestors was Jewish. And it does not bother me even a little bit when people call those beautiful lit up, bejeweled trees Christmas trees. I don't feel threatened. I don't feel discriminated against. That's what they are: Christmas trees.

It doesn't bother me a bit when people say, "Merry Christmas" to me. I don't think they are slighting me at all. In fact, I kind of like it. It shows that we are all brothers and sisters celebrating this happy time of year. It doesn't bother me at all that there is a manger scene on display at a key intersection near my beach house in Malibu. If people want a creche, it's just as fine with me as is the Menorah a few hundred yards away.

I don't like getting pushed around for being a Jew, and I don't think Christians like getting pushed around for being Christians. I think people who believe in God are sick and tired of getting pushed around, period. I have no idea where the concept came from that America is an explicitly atheist country. I can't find it in the Constitution and I don't like it being shoved down my throat.

Or maybe I can put it another way: where did the idea come from that we should worship Nick and Jessica and we aren't allowed to worship God as we understand Him? I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, too. But there are a lot of us who are wondering where Nick and Jessica came from and where the America we knew went to.

In light of the many jokes we send to one another for a laugh, this is a little different: This is not intended to be a joke; it's not funny, it's intended to get you thinking.

Billy Graham's daughter was interviewed on the Early Show and Jane Clayson asked her "How could God let something like this happen?" (regarding Katrina) Anne Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, "I believe God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are, but for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman He is, I believe He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand He leave us alone?"

In light of recent events...terrorists attack, school shootings, etc. I think it started when Madeleine Murray O'Hare (she was murdered, her body found recently) complained she didn't want prayer in our schools, and we said OK. Then someone said you better not read the Bible in school. The Bible says thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said OK.

Then Dr. Benjamin Spock said we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem (Dr. Spock's son committed suicide). We said an expert should know what he's talking about. And we said OK.

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves.

Probably, if we think about it long and hard enough, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell. Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says. Funny how you can send 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing. Funny how lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene articles pass freely through cyberspace, but public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Are you laughing?

Funny how when you forward this message, you will not send it to many on your address list because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it.

Funny how we can be more worried about what other people think of us than what God thinks of us.

Pass it on if you think it has merit. If not then just discard it... no one will know you did. But, if you discard this thought process, don't sit back and complain about what bad shape the world is in. My Best Regards.

Honestly and respectfully,

Ben Stein

Poses some interesting points.

#10 CodeCat

CodeCat

Half fox, half cat, and all insanity!

• Members
  • 3,768 posts
  •  Fighting for equality of all species

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

Looks like Paradox was right. You ARE blaming atheism for everything.
CodeCat

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:42 PM

People like that Ben Stein should stop assuming that god exists by default.

#12 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

Regardless, Hostile is right, Ben does bring up some interesting points.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#13 Sigmar

Sigmar
  • Hosted
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:30 PM

That does bring up a good point. im a christian and i do think we are pushing god out of our lives.

#14 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

Right then, so the ''evils'' in the world are because we push god OUT? You sure it's not because he was never IN in the first place?

Blame the jews comic books cartoons rock music video games communists atheists.

#15 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:46 PM

have to say its silly to claim that religion is the one thing that has kept humanity civil. common sense is not copyrighted by the church. to put the blame of Katrina and other disasters on our lack of faith is like saying one get cancer from not going to church every Sunday.

to follow a ancient manifest where everything that you are meant to say and believe is written down, good or bad, will cause both positive and negative things. I believe that these days we have been able to extract the positive things, but it has not replaced religion in schools yet. we need a course thats called "morals and ethics" and it should be the kind of stuff that we have to go to universities to learn about. philosophers from both religious texts and other sources. nothing wrong with siting the good words from the bible, quaran or any other book, as long as we cut out the bad and ancient parts.
just as long as we balance it out with other sources.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#16 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:13 PM

nothing wrong with siting the good words from the bible, quaran or any other book, as long as we cut out the bad and ancient parts.
just as long as we balance it out with other sources.

That's where you are definitely wrong. Cutting out the bad parts is what the Catholic Church did time and again to conform to it's current needs. Let the 'bad' parts stand. Good and bad is merely a point of view. One contains the seed of the other. To only let one thing stand as 'right' is what causes the most drastic 'wrongs'. Besides, too much of one thing and it'll swing back with force. Don't want to go buddistic on your ass but just check what happened to the 'Great Communist Realm'. Once society has settled to accept (or enforce) a single 'right' way, accepting no other views, the countering forces grow just as violent and corruption and 'crime' will flourish just for the sake of breaking free of the stifling thought-constraints.

What you really need along with the unedited source material is a lot of time and people with whom you can bounce these ideas around. Most of it will only make sense in years ahead anyway, but it's good to 'know', so you realize how much you really don't know and can't even hope to understand.

#17 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:11 AM

Looks like Paradox was right. You ARE blaming atheism for everything.

Don't look too deep dude, I didn't write it. Take it up with Ben. My wife emailed it to me. I posted it here. There is no hidden agenda there. Such a spiteful group of people.

Makes me wonder why I get attacked for posting anything with religious content? But than I remember not to care because it was just a drive-by-post.

:p Keep firing them two sentence forum bombs...

#18 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Job:Artist

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:19 AM

when i say take out i mean "do not focus on the parts that doesn't fit a modern society". besides, i think we are a bit better off deciding what parts of holy texts are useful today compared to 1700 years ago when the romans figured they make a religion to rule the world with.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#19 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

Please don't think they still aren't making up shit about what is a sin or not. Catholics used to believe it was a sin to eat meat on a Friday. Than they changed it (1970's I think)

http://findarticles....v49/ai_20106361
But then they gather together to decide if they want to go meatless again on Friday. I wonder what all the poor souls in hell doing time on the meat rack because they ate meat on Friday have to say. :)

#20 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:43 AM

In that case I'm gunna have a huge fat steak tommorrow just to prove God doesn't give a shit what I eat. Religion is retarded. Every single aspect of it. Faith is nothing more than the process of non-thinking. Blocking out rational thoughts for emotional security and making life feel worth living.

To be honest. Religious beliefs should remain personal. Any religious arsehole who tries to force their belief down my throat because they are deluded enough to believe that the philosophy they believe in wasn't created by the people who wanted to manipulate the masses, should seriously do some research about the origins of religion. There have been thousands of religions, even before christianity and islam was born.

Even now I think its actually possible in the UK to claim you are a Jedi as your religious beliefs. Its just ridiculous.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users