26 replies to this topic

#21 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:29 AM

Yes,but contra for mac and contra for windows aren't the same thing. Contra for windows is .exe and mac can't open it

Oh yes... It is just installer... I'll fix it. Contra can work on both PC and Mac, but installer - only for PC.

By the way, do you have RAR or ZIP archivers?

Edited by Creator, 05 October 2007 - 08:29 PM.

#22 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:53 PM

It's far easier for a Mac to open a .zip then it is to open a .rar.

#23 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

It's far easier for a Mac to open a .zip then it is to open a .rar.

The nice thing with a Rar file is its 30-50% smaller than a zip (depending on what is being compressed).
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#24 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 04 October 2007 - 02:39 PM

Yes, but in the sake of compatibility, you would use a .zip (Yes, a .rar may be slightly smaller, but what about the Mac users - yes there isn't too many of them - but it's still an extra fan, such as Avenger here).

If you REALLY were so eager about compression and not about compatibility, you'd go with a .uha.

Edited by Alias, 04 October 2007 - 02:42 PM.

#25 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 04 October 2007 - 04:31 PM

Yes, but in the sake of compatibility, you would use a .zip (Yes, a .rar may be slightly smaller, but what about the Mac users - yes there isn't too many of them - but it's still an extra fan, such as Avenger here).

such is true, this is why (on most, but not the latest) I've kept both Rar and Zip versions available. I'll upload one for 2.29

If you REALLY were so eager about compression and not about compatibility, you'd go with a .uha.

Theres a third point, that really has sold Rar's for me... thats the program itself. The Rar file browser is simply fantastic. It has an increadible range of extension support, and it maintains the internal directory structure of the file, unlike winzip and many other popular compresion tools. And, it maintains an acceptable compatability level and is reasonably well propogated across the user base.

Its not as simple as Compresion vs Compatability. Its more like Compresion vs Compatability vs Ease of Use vs Propogation. Winrar has the best blen of all 4, while the zip has only the highest compatability.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#26 FlyingDeath

FlyingDeath
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hello I have a Question becourse I am a GLA player:
When comes the next Release of Remix 3 or how many of the GLA
Generäls are Finished yet?

THX for answeres and sorry for my bad english :p
:p :D REMIX3 ROCKS ;) :xcahik_:

PS: I dont want to get on your Nerves but REMIX3 is a cool mod and
I want to play with my favorite Generäl Dr.Trax

#27 Huzegun

Huzegun
  • Project Team
  • 164 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:57 PM

Toxin General will be finished in good time. As it stands, only assault is done, while your next public release will contain your GLA generals. By the way, anyone that reads this and happens to have thier own questions, I'd seriously reccomend that You start your own topic or post in another right one. Until; I reccomend this topic is ... locked. *Dramatic music*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users