#21 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm, Project Phantom
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 07 October 2007 - 01:02 PM

You don't have to join the staff, you can be freelance artist for the mod so if want that, PM me and i'll give you something to try doing :blink:

otherwise joining actual staff is more, show work, be evaluated for sometime as staff position, you are expected to do more stuff.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#22 Volkov

Volkov

Everybody's Favorite Android

• Project Team
  • 224 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm. I do stuff.
  •  LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:30 PM

Hmm...nice to see that I wasn't forgotten...and yes...I am still alive. :p
School + life is challenging, but I hope to be productive again at some point.

Neat little recounting of RS inspirational history :)
Posted Image

#23 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:50 AM

Quite, cheers for the background, interesting read 'ollo

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#24 bartpp7

bartpp7
  • Project Team
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

will osurises tanks or machines be like the saboth in Doom3?
Posted Image
Posted Image
General Granger: I Win you lose what more is there left to say.

#25 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  • Projects:might just go back to voxeling
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 14 June 2008 - 04:57 AM

They're more mech users pretty much the only 3 tanks seen are the flame, toxin and ethier its a railgun or a sonic tank
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 11 October 2008 - 04:03 PM

IMO, the story for Osiris should be made different in some ways from how it is written now.

The background story could perhaps be centered around two points, such as:

*- The allies constant usage of massive Chrono Warping weapons have lead to an unexpected occurrence where a large unknown object was brought through a warp hole. The object was an alien craft that was found crashed on a wall of rock within a canyon range. A salvage operation takes place and strange technologies are found in the interior along with the dead bodies of the alien crew members. The central technology found was integrated with the allies secret program.

*- A secret program was started by the Allied Legion that involved the creation of a machine that relied on human minds for it's consciousness(Yes, much like Cabal, but with some differences). This machine was intended to be used as a counter for Nexus wide intelligence network and hacking attacks. A Yuri loyallist attempts to sabotage the project during it's final stages of completion.

I don't have time to write anything more right now, but please consider the ideas.

#27 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 12 October 2008 - 02:24 AM

you just took the crashed scrin ship story from TS, and you further take from TS by having a cabal thing for allies...

not very original...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 12 October 2008 - 07:20 AM

And Apollo has already a story for orisis we just dont know it yet :shiftee:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 12 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

Basically, the Allies (with a small contribution from the Soviets) created NEXUS to fight Yuri. The Soviets suspected that NEXUS would then be turned to fight them so they worked on creating their own AI. The war ended before the AI was created and, as the Soviet Union collapsed, the project was abandoned. NEXUS stumbled upon the facility containing Osiris roughly halfway-through the Robot Wars, and compiled the existing code, hoping to find the resources he needed to deal a final blow to the Allied Legion and the Freedom League who, despite his efforts, had managed to escape their impending doom for this long. What he found was something that scared even him...

It's all in the 2.0 manual. oh wait, you can't see that yet. A-har-ha-har.

Edited by Ash, 12 October 2008 - 08:58 PM.

#30 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 07:53 PM

Some ideas from this picture(I need Nyerguds to explain a story he told me again, I can't be bothered):

Posted Image

#31 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 13 October 2008 - 09:05 PM

*Puts fingers in ears and sings* "It's the tastiest...crumbliest...flakiest chocolate..."

#32 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:02 PM

:xd: did'nt think that they sold those bars in UK :p

anyways I wonder what could scare nexus :rolleyes:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:53 AM

nexus isn't as cool anymore...

cabal wouldn't have been scared :rolleyes: *crosses arms*

:xd:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#34 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 October 2008 - 10:22 AM

nexus isn't as cool anymore...

cabal wouldn't have been scared :rolleyes: *crosses arms*
:xd:

Of course nexy aint as cool when got another very bad guy on the scene that enjoys harvesting humans and nexus troopers for melding and scared is kinda wrong word to describe... more like nexus' big ego got a dent on it in the 1st encounter leaving Nexus scouting party destroyed utterly.
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
The only written law in a C&C game I ever saw is please Mr.Developer make it fun and give me a lot of **** to explode, o and don't you ever get another soul to play Kane but Joe Kucan. Aside from those two rules, all bets are off =) hehe
-APOC

#35 Nyerguds

Nyerguds
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 02:24 PM

Some ideas from this picture(I need Nyerguds to explain a story he told me again, I can't be bothered):

Hehe... well basically the story was that a planet was facing destruction from a natural disaster, namely their twin suns were about to crash into eachother. So they evacuated and left those they couldn't evac is suspended animation (mostly underground) in which they could survive indefinitely.

One of these people, in suspended state, was put in a mind-enhancing machine where he was supposed to oversee the status of the planet, and maybe control the reconstruction in the slim chance the disaster wouldn't destroy everything.

After about a 2 million years, the planet was inhabitable again. However, there was a fault in the system... the man was to monitor the planet from suspended animation, but apparently the system woke him up once the planet was deemed inhabitable again. But since the place where he was put was unreachable to any remote controlled or independent robots in the facility, he could not free himself from the machine, and remained trapped inside. The people who returned after half a million years later found the planet terrorized by the technologically enhanced mind of a man who died trapped inside a small capsule, his last agonizing claustrophobic thoughts imortalized in the mind-enhancer...

This is one of the stories in the Yoko Tsuno comic book series, btw.

Edited by Nyerguds, 14 October 2008 - 02:30 PM.

#36 Pepzi

Pepzi
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:36 PM

That story is a great idea for explaining Osiris, some similarities with your original story there Apollo?

#37 Apollo

Apollo

The bringer of doom

• Hosted
  • 3,467 posts
  •  1337 Modder

Posted 14 October 2008 - 06:25 PM

Yes, some but the RS plot has it very indepth explaining it all why the side does what it does or believes in what it believes in or how it came to be. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

EAApoc wrote:
-APOC

#38 PurpleChameleon

PurpleChameleon

The other guy

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  No Modding skills whatsoever.

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:16 PM

I was playing warzone 2100 a few days ago, and while i was trying to plow through the game's 200 or something technologies, I came across "NEXUS link turret resistor circuits" Which basicly gave you increased resistance to NEXUS's Hacking powers.

I know doing something like that in the Red Alert 2 engine would be near impossible/impossible, But it still would be kinda neat.
Posted Image
Bored.

#39 Allied General

Allied General

C&C Guild

• Hosted
  • 6,922 posts
  • Projects:AGSA
  •  Modder

Posted 14 October 2008 - 11:37 PM

units which are invunerable to hack to could be implemented but would kinda be op/abused.

I want a trailer of sw .. incoming laser satellite strike :shiftee:
Posted Image

#40 SSTG

SSTG

alive again!

• Hosted
  • 1,270 posts
  •  just voxeling stuff

Posted 15 October 2008 - 01:44 AM

If you mean 2.0 laser strike there is already bout 2 or 3 youtube vids with that demonstration of pwnage
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users