Wishing to speak with mod team..

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 aurora419

aurora419
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hi, after all these years of stupidly trying to mod games, I found something that I may get better at.
I found a program called Rhinocerous Evaluation version (because milkshape doesn't work on vista I think ).
After watching tutorials on youtube, I finally understood the concepts of modelling and the basics.
Though I have a lot to learn, I was hoping if I could help the production of this mod and speed up releases.
I could be just a guy who models with permission on a unit I thought of.

This link gives you a vid showing some of the act of war high treason units.
If you pause at 1:32, it shows you a tank with this huge pot on it's back.

I was wondering if I could remodel the unit with my own ideas to make it like a portable particle cannon.
Since SW gen don't have a special unit, I thought I could make it for the SW gen. And if that makes the SW gen to uber, we could replace the lazer god unit with this one.

Just an idea, but i still want to join the team.

#2 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:05 AM

Rhinocerous Evaluation version (because milkshape doesn't work on vista I think ).

I prefere 3D Studio Max.

I was wondering if I could remodel the unit with my own ideas to make it like a portable particle cannon.
Since SW gen don't have a special unit, I thought I could make it for the SW gen. And if that makes the SW gen to uber, we could replace the lazer god unit with this one.

I tested mobile particle cannon unit in one of ealy Contra versions. I did not like it.

but i still want to join the team.

What can you do? Show examples of your work.

Edited by Creator, 02 October 2007 - 07:06 AM.

#3 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 02 October 2007 - 12:10 PM

I tested mobile particle cannon unit in one of ealy Contra versions. I did not like it.

I think I'm the only person whoe realy realy liked that unit ;) I loved it, and wanted to bring it back with remix, but all the testers begged me not to!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#4 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:16 PM

The omega cannon?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#5 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 02 October 2007 - 06:37 PM

I acctuly liked the particle cannon unit ;P

Posted Image

#6 impi

impi
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

me 2, don´t remove it, please

#7 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:20 PM

I was refering to the original big square one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#8 aurora419

aurora419
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:47 PM

Rhinocerous Evaluation version (because milkshape doesn't work on vista I think ).

I prefere 3D Studio Max.

but i still want to join the team.

What can you do? Show examples of your work.

Hmmm, how about i make the model of the unit i showed you on the link.
And if it looks good, you guys can do the rest with the texturing and the scripting.
Cuz i just love that unit. Like I said, the giant pot on it's back can act as a mobile particle cannon.

Let's take a vote shall we? Whoever wants the unit shown in contra mod say aye. For the non- goers say nay.

EDIT: Please look at the 1:32 of the vid shown on link. Just so that everyone know what unit i'm talking about and what it looks like.

Edited by aurora419, 02 October 2007 - 10:48 PM.

#9 impi

impi
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 12:48 PM

And how should it work? It is a nice idea, maybe not like the standard cannon, more like one blast. Like the ion cannon from C & C 3.

#10 aurora419

aurora419
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 11:08 PM

And how should it work? It is a nice idea, maybe not like the standard cannon, more like one blast. Like the ion cannon from C & C 3.

hmm... I'll think about that. First i need some votes so that i can get to work. Most importantly, get a permission from Creator because I really want this unit to be in contra mod. I don't want to work my a** off for nothing when Creator decides not to add it to his mod. And your idea sounds nice but I think that will make the unit way to uber. Maybe I'll make it like a standard particle cannon that has a bit more range than the nuke cannon. You could maybe also move around the light ray killing everything in it's path. Though, that could be hard for the scriptors to make. For now, I REALLY NEED YOUR VOTES PPL!!!!!

#11 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 06:16 AM

Hmmm, how about i make the model of the unit i showed you on the link.

No, thanks. I'm not interested in mobile particle cannon. Try to offer your model to Pendaelose. He can use it in his Remix 3.

And if it looks good, you guys can do the rest with the texturing and the scripting.

I have a dozen of untextured models already and ony ONE texture artist. He is overloraded with work. I'm not going to give him yet another task.

#12 aurora419

aurora419
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:22 AM

Hmmmm, ma be i could give this to the shockwave team...
Or maybe get you a texturer?

U see, I have these lots of pro texture / modellor / scripting ppl in relic forumz.
They mod a game called homeworld 2. The game is like a rts game same as cnc, but in space. The units can move anywhere they want except outside the map. And the map is really huge so tons of space.

Anyway, if creator needs a texturer, i can offer one of those ppl the download of the whole cnc game in return for his or her work.

Well what i'm trying to say here is, this is a really cool unit. I don't care what yo udo with it if anyone wants it i'll model it for u.

#13 Alias

Alias

Pessimist.

• Members
  • 303 posts
  • Projects:ShockWave, Rise of the Reds, WarGames ZH

Posted 05 October 2007 - 02:45 AM

Hmmmm, ma be i could give this to the shockwave team...

Mobile particle technology is a no-go for ShockWave, sorry.

Edited by Alias, 05 October 2007 - 02:47 AM.

#14 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 07:00 AM

Or maybe get you a texturer?

It would be good.

They mod a game called homeworld 2

It is one of my favorite games.

#15 aurora419

aurora419
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 11:48 PM

Hey creator,

if you have homeworld 2, would you like to play lan together sometime?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users