575 replies to this topic

#521 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:30 AM

He's a char clone only cause we call him a char clone. Im not inclined to call him that cause he's got different ideals and it doesnt look so much like a mask as a reconstruction of his face, the poor bastard. Rau le cruset was a char clone because he didnt look like anyone else and was the main character's arch-nemesis.

...tieria in a feddie uniform? Now i really want to know what the hell is he doing.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#522 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:05 AM

Yeah, that's definately a feddy uniform lol. Infiltration?

Btw, Char Clone is a very loosely used term, it could be as little as a tribute to the mask wearing trait.

Athrun was a partial Char Clone, believe it or now, Mwu was a Char Clone in Seed as well as Destiny. in Seed he took the Mentor role as Char did in Zeta Gundam, and in Destiny as Original Char and later on as the Char politing the Golden MS.

So Yeah, Grahm fights for his ideals and beliefs, that alone is enough to make him the Char clone.

Edit: Oh, and btw, I never said that Char's ideals = Graham's ideals, and if you want to argue, Rau's ideals are completely opposite of Char's. Char wanted to create the perfect society, whereas Rau wanted everyone dead. so they're not even close.

Edited by Crusader, 31 March 2008 - 05:13 AM.

{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#523 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:19 AM

This was a pretty crappy episode though.

Graham writes himself out of 1/3 of the series just to have a 2 minute fight with Exia and draw.

yea... sooo rushed.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#524 CorSec

CorSec
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Projects:Mobile Suit Salvation Team (story i'm working on, msg if you wanna try to read it)

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

So after all this wait, Graham goes Captain Aftermath with the GN-Overflag, gets it slagged in 2 minutes and i couldn't believe it. All that anticipation, and down the drain it goes.

As for Tierra, since it's been 4 years he might just be laying low for now since all the Mobile Suits are pretty much getting rebuilt, that's the only thing I can think of.
"With the real life or death stakes i'm used to in my line of work, poker is nothing more than child's play."- Saito
Posted Image

#525 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:40 PM

yeah, which is why Im glad the saeson is over, and this upcoming Sunday............

CODE GEASS R2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#526 Freedom06

Freedom06
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:03 AM

It's almost here. God I can't wait till then.

As for Gundam 00 is was disappointed in the last episode. As for the series as a whole, it was alright. I am hoping season will be much better...

#527 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:17 AM

Hey there is a second season so there is sstill hope.

Hmm........could be interesting lol
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#528 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:13 AM

God damn you guys, even the last ep sucked huh? Dont bother watching series 2 then, i'll watch it myself -_-

I take the idea of char clone more seriously i think which is why we have the disagreement. It might be cause i hold char in high opinion as a character so i resent that people see him so cheaply that other characters are just like him.

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#529 CorSec

CorSec
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Projects:Mobile Suit Salvation Team (story i'm working on, msg if you wanna try to read it)

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:14 AM

Revan, i have nothing wrong with the series for the most part, just some things in particular like Lockon getting shafted repeatedly and Graham's GN Flag only having a short appearance cause that was one thing i was looking forward to a lot. It'll be interesting to see where everything starts in season 2 though.
"With the real life or death stakes i'm used to in my line of work, poker is nothing more than child's play."- Saito
Posted Image

#530 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:22 AM

I was honestly hoping that Graham actually having some meaning to his GN Flag thing, but no, it got a Draw out of a powered doen Exia, which is saying what exactly? that he was better off with his original regular Over Flag? LOL

Lockon deserved much much better, but oh well, I'll watch season 2.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#531 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:54 AM

God damn you guys, even the last ep sucked huh? Dont bother watching series 2 then, i'll watch it myself -_-

What? You can't honestly say that Graham sitting out for so many episodes was worth a short two minute fight which made him look really bad.

Posted Image

#532 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:23 AM

I liked that last fight. I appreciated that it didnt drag out like some kind of catfight between old women. And if we saw some kind of closure for graham's case there's no reason to bring him back for series 2.

As for his GN flag, i didnt see it as weak or anything. It destroyed exia. Makes it the only non-gundam to kill a gundam.

Ah but this i expected these kinds of opinions anyway. A series usually never lives up to ppl's expectations, and we forget that there are much much worse gundam series. I hesitate to even say it that way cause i make it seem as if 00 was disappointing as well.

No, really what would you change if you could? Give graham a 15 min fight instead of 5? Make it so that in one swipe it killed exia, allowing graham to...what? Say 'oh howard ive avenged you, but now i've got a GN flag that i have no idea what to do with now...'?

Edited by Dark Lord Revan, 01 April 2008 - 08:31 AM.

#533 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

He had a stalemate with Exia...

Exia had used Transam mode and had recently been in quite a few fights right before hand.

that made the GN Flag look week, Graham look week, and made the whole fight stupid.

Posted Image

#534 Freedom06

Freedom06
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

Well maybe we do have high expections for the series. But serious the first 15 episodes weren't special and were rather frustrating to watch. I am also inclined to agree with stargazer. To me Graham was one sweet character and i think he deserved better than a 2 minutes rushed fight in the last episode. This is the way I see it. Lockon who was a sniper had one sweet fight with ali al that was interesting to watch. Graham seemed to excel in close range and fast paced combat and seemed to kick more ass with his GN Flag, then his new and improved Overflag. Like why only solely use the beam saber he stole from the throne. why not use a gun or something else... What I'm trying to say is that graham had his own unique way of fighting and in the last episode that went out the window for what? I know he could he achieved the destruction of excia without suiciding with his own machine.

#535 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:45 PM

Again...what would you change?

#536 Freedom06

Freedom06
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

The whole thing?

#537 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:41 PM

If you don't have an idea, stop bashing it. I prefer listening to arguments that go on about how 'this alternative would've been better than what they did about it' rather than 'i hate it cause they did this and that, but hell if i know how it could've been good'.

#538 Sykes

Sykes

title available

• Project Team
  • 385 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

yeah, which is why Im glad the saeson is over, and this upcoming Sunday............

CODE GEASS R2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget about Macross Frontier that starts this week as well.

I really enjoyed Gundam 00. I mean most of your guys argument is over 1 or 2 characters, but thats hardly what makes up a series.

You couldnt ask for better animation quality I thought it was amazing. Hardly any reused animation if any and the fights were some of the best ive seen. I loved most of the mobile suit designs.

Story wise I think its pretty strong, no its not perfect but what series is? It slowed down a little about mid way but that common of a lot of series as well.

As for Graham in the big scheme of things(both season 1 and 2) I dont think getting his GN flag is going to be he big shining moment so for what it was I thought they did just fine with it. I agree they may have over hyped it a bit, but to be honest by the end Graham didnt have a huge role in the overall story. All he was doing was taking revenge for some of his comrades. After this last battle I would actually say this is just the beginning of his rivalry with Setsuna and will make for some better action in the next season.

I think there is a lot of potential for season 2 and I am looking forward to it.
Posted Image

#539 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

Overall plot was pretty solid, and it's true, animation was very nice, I dont think I saw any stock animations, or there's so little that I never notived.

Graham deserved a bit more screen time, it was almost as if he was put in as an afterthought. He fought and only had a stalemate with a completely powered down Exia, who only had one of its original 7 swords left, no shield, and a beam blaster thing? looked like a pistol. and with all of that he only stalemated, the fight could've been done better.

But I guess they couldnt've added another episode just to drag the fight out a bit more, but mebe if there was we'd have seen more closure to the season. Oh well.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#540 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

No really, there's no point to extending their fight. It would turn it into a all too common 'we whack each other while saying some stuff that sounds philosophical for the next 15 mins'. When you think about it, now that you've reminded me exia only had one sword left, its symbolic in a way. Both have one weapon left too, and no allies. Ok, ive had my bit. I'll stop now...i think some of you might be getting tired of it.

Concerning stock footage, i made a note every time i saw one, cause i enjoyed saying in my head that it was hella lot less than destiny. As far as i can tell, stock got used 2 times in the whole series, once for kyrios and once for virtue, both while launching. If you want to stretch it, you could say there are 3, when the GN-X's did that aerial maneuver they used the same footage within seconds of each other. But i dont really count that. I also dont count times when they replayed some action on screens or something, or that recap ep.

Speaking of action, did you guys notice every single ep had some kind of fighting? I dont think we've seen a gundam series that devoted to the battles before, except g gundam which i shall never watch in my life again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users