• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#1 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:05 AM

This is the faction registration topic, to register your faction, we will need the following information on your faction:

Faction Name:
Faction Location: (Alpha, Beta, Gamma, or Delta Quadrants)
Faction Technology Special: (Can be anything from shields, weapons, subspace, to simple things like starfighters and gravity manipulations (gravinometricology))
Faction Technology: (Starting equipment. List a few ships, weapons, etc.)
Faction Style: (Democracy, Monarchy, Dominion, etc)
Other Information:

Your application will be either accepted or denied. If it's denied, you are given chances to change things that need to be fixed. That's all at the moment.

Posted Image

#2 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 01:30 AM

Plot Synopsis:
The Worlds of the Milky Way galaxy are trying to keep the peace between themselves. A rogue faction is slowly beginning to fracture this peace, known only as the Domain. Can the worlds of the galaxy destroy this faction before it destroys them and all peace?

All in all, it's a vague plot. Anything can truly happen, it's all down to the players. I can't wait to see who'll join this one, and then to see where it goes. Anyways, I'd like to see fair playing, as well as no godmodding, as always. I hope it really takes off, and becomes a major part of the division.

Good Luck and Happy Posting,
Gandalf

Posted Image

#3 Redcoat

Redcoat

Present! Aim! Fire!

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Projects:Uprising Contributor
  •  Ideas Dude

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:37 PM

Faction Name: Osean Union, commonly known as Osea
Faction Location: Alpha Quadrant
Faction Technology Special: Excel at mass production and industrial might, allowing their advanced technology to be built with relative ease.
Faction Technology: I can't list a lot of equipment as I'm not done it yet, but here's an assault rifle. In addition, they can transport things between their planets using stargate-like devices (but which work far differently and are suitable for the transport of larger things), but which are nowhere near as advanced or resilient as the ones off the show.
Faction Style: Voluntary democratic federation
Other Information: Own 12 planets in the Ark system, and have many space colonies.

#4 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 11:40 PM

Approved, be sure to make a topic based on your faction alone.

Posted Image

#5 Sigmar

Sigmar
  • Hosted
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

Faction Name: Taiidani Empire
Faction Technology Special: with a large work force, the imperial army and navy have the supplies needed for a campign to last for months. it also has a small but effective force of creatures created as bio-weapons.
Faction Technology: silghtly advanced. fleids over a hundred ships protecting the bordors. as well as energy weapons.
Faction Style: Feudal Imperial Monarchy
Other Information: A relatively new empire formed out of the ashes of the warring factions, is struggling to hold it's territories and is under repeated in-fighting amongest warlors who seek only power and want control. the current empress is nothing more then a figurehead but trys to prevent the warlords from taking her thrown.

Edited by Sigmar, 15 October 2007 - 11:35 PM.

#6 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:39 PM

Accepted. Please be sure to include a more detailed history in your faction topic.

Posted Image

#7 southsidediablo

southsidediablo

ChaChe Rodriguez!

• Project Team
  • 748 posts
  • Projects:V|GO, Apocalypse, The Mullet

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:07 AM

Faction Name: The Great Liberation Front
Faction Location: Delta Quadrant
Faction Technology Special: Relies on guerilla warfare, stealing, and thievery
Faction Technology: Low tech, mostly relies on stealing other fraction's technology to keep up. Also uses civilian ships with weapons.
Faction Style: Dictatorship
Other Information: A faction that is spread out among most of the planets, mostly sticks to the jungles to keep a low profile.
How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out....
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#8 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 01:54 AM

Alright. Realizing that if a faction went to war with you, you really couldn't put up a resistance. I'll allow this through.

Posted Image

#9 southsidediablo

southsidediablo

ChaChe Rodriguez!

• Project Team
  • 748 posts
  • Projects:V|GO, Apocalypse, The Mullet

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:25 AM

Well, I figured with stealing other Faction's weapons and civilian ships I'd be able to put up a pretty good fight.
How can you keep an idiot busy? Click Here to find out....
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

#10 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:13 PM

Alright. It's approved.

Posted Image

#11 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:19 PM

Faction Name: Caenophite Republic
Faction Location: Homeworld - Delta Quadrant
Most of the race - Edge of Gamma/Beta Quadrants
Faction Technology Special: Really ridiculously huge and fast space-faring vessels.
Faction Technology: - Very advanced, but embroiled in a lot of religious ceremony and ritual.
- Huge Wayworlds (spaceships which most of the Caenophar live in) roam the stars with many smaller ships attached.
- The Caenophar mostly use energy based weapons like lasers and plasma.
Faction Style: Well...it's a Republic :huh:
Other Information: The Caenophar rarely convene their High Council, but the incursion of the Domain called for an emergency meeting. They believe that the Time of Weeping Gods (an old Caenophite legend concerning the Apocalypse) is upon them and they must do whatever it takes to prevent it.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#12 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:36 PM

Aproved.

Posted Image

#13 Sigmar

Sigmar
  • Hosted
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

Okay, i think i have a good made-up faction. tell me what you think.

Faction Name: The Consortium
Faction Technology Special: With the consortium made of Renegade machines, they can field any typ of weapon when needed.
Faction Technology: Plasma weapons, kinetic weapons and hyperspace-capeble vessels
Faction Style: separatist group/dictatorship
Other Information: the consortium controls four habitable worlds in the Shir System.

Edited by Sigmar, 17 October 2007 - 04:11 AM.

#14 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:25 AM

Sounds good for your first attempt. I actually like it, good!

Posted Image

#15 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 19 October 2007 - 09:42 PM

Faction Name: Terran Hegemony
Faction Location: Delta Quadrant
Faction Technology Special: Increased Capital ship class construction, combat and maintaining of these types of vessels. In short, Terran Capital Ships strike fear into you.
Faction Technology: Particle Accelerator Cannons, Kinetic Weapons, Marine Boarding Pods, Hyperspace capable vessels, fragmented Slipstream Drive knowledge (unusable).
Faction Style: One leader leads the way and makes decisions, but shares power with 5 other council members, which in turn the governors of Terran Hegemonian planets are also granted an audience with the council members.
Other Information: Terran Hegemony roots are from an Earth colony ship "ISA Peacebringer" that suffered a critical accident using a slipstream drive system to warp the ship into the far reaches of the Delta Quadrant. The Drive was destroyed upon entry into an asteroid belt and the knowledge fragmented by the ships damage. Hegemony controls 3 star systems.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 03:19 AM

This is acceptable, post your faction topic.

Posted Image

#17 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:51 PM

This faction is almost a carbon-copy of my WarGamesII faction, which is almost a carbon-copy of my original WarGames faction.

Faction Name: Aclerion Alliance
Faction Location: Delta
Faction Technology Special: Planetside Warfare and associated technologies. If the Aclieron had a choice where to fight, it would be on the ground. Every time. Well, almost.
Faction Technology: Are you reall going to make me go through the pain of putting all of it up?
Faction Style: A Covenant of several systems including multiple races.
Other Information: This faction WILL force you into fighting on the ground, one way or another. That said, they are shrewd negotiators and halfway decent pilots - that's what happens when you put the beliefs of a couple of races together. The Aclieron Alliance consists of the As'hatari which are the chosen elite forces due to abnormally proficient skills in warfare, the Qilzuud who are used as scouts thanks to high run speed and quick reflexes, and the Forsaken whom are As'hatari that have livingmachine implants ((i will expand on this if you'd like... also, these will not be used often.)).

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#18 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:Keeping Apocalypse and Wrath alive
  •  Apocalypse Admin, Wrath of Orion Admin

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:32 PM

As I thought about what my faction would be, I immediately began thinking of something vaguely along the lines of the humans from Alien, the Starcraft Terrans, the Halo Marines...you know. When I looked through the faction archives I found Elerium had already made a faction from Earth...but that there had been another ship. With his permission, I would like to be that other ship. If not, that's perfectly cool, I can make this independent. Also I think it would be funny if we had both named a planet New Earth...

Faction Name: New Earth Pioneers
Faction Location: Alpha
Faction Technology Special: Largely industrially based planet, huge scrapyards and collections of other races' ships. Large defense bases are around their home planet which are extremely effective. Double as scrapyards
Faction Technology: They have raided very many battlefields, they have adopted what technologies they could in order to defend themselves as well as quickly developing their own. Bladed magnetic weapons are often used in Space Combat, basically meaning incredibly sharp discs that are drawn to their targets by powerful electromagnets. High powered lightning guns are mounted on lage ships/bases ship for close quarters. Laser lances have been adopted, as well as Gauss cannons.
Faction Style: Theoretically, Monarchy. The central authority is supposed to have power, but it is a largely lawless society.
Other Information: (If Elerium agrees, this is my plan): The ISA New Hope ended up teleported partially into a planet they promptly dubbed: New Earth. Mainly just the transportation methods were damaged; the majority of the actual population survived. With necessary resources easily obtainable, a standard smalltown earth colony began. As the new civilization began to evolve, a raid from an alien species devastated the colony. In terror of a repeat of this event, all resources were thrown into defense. A largely militarized and somewhat brutal culture evolved. Mandatory army service is instated for all civilians, most never quit the army life. Damaged ships were sought after and their technology stolen. This is still common practice. Large heavily armed bases defend the planets, they are also where most damaged ships are brought. Mostly a peaceful race, rarely the aggressors. However, and surviving crew members on damaged ships are usually killed.
Posted Image
This is the place where all the junkies go, where time gets fast but everything gets slow.
I'll get to the moon if I have to crawl.
The problem with any government is that it eventually attracts politicians.

#19 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:36 PM

Both accepted, enjoy!

Posted Image

#20 Elerium

Elerium

Road test? Me? But I gotta go save the world!

• Project Team
  • 631 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Temporal Agent

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:00 AM

Well initially Darkskul, Dr.Pyth came and asked whether he could come from Earth for his Osean side and I told him there was that extra colony ship about it but it depends on what you two want to go ahead with it, if it's ok with Dr Pyth.

Edited by Elerium, 23 October 2007 - 12:01 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users