#21 Redcoat

Redcoat

Present! Aim! Fire!

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Projects:Uprising Contributor
  •  Ideas Dude

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:04 AM

I designed my weapons and equipment for a humanoid species, but I could play as a similar humanoid species but not humans specifically.

#22 Cheshire Fox

Cheshire Fox

El Hombre Sinestro

• Hosted
  • 755 posts
  • Projects:Keeping Apocalypse and Wrath alive
  •  Apocalypse Admin, Wrath of Orion Admin

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:42 AM

Actually, that'd be great man. Thank you so much, I've stupidly gotten too involved with a backstory I had not right to use really...sorry to kinda steal it from you :p

Again, thank you very much.
Posted Image
This is the place where all the junkies go, where time gets fast but everything gets slow.
I'll get to the moon if I have to crawl.
The problem with any government is that it eventually attracts politicians.

#23 Redcoat

Redcoat

Present! Aim! Fire!

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Projects:Uprising Contributor
  •  Ideas Dude

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:45 PM

XD No problem.

#24 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:54 PM

Fireblade: If you're going to register a faction, register a faction. No spamming please.

Posted Image

#25 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:21 PM

Faction Name: Fonoss Collective
Faction Location: Beta Quadrant
Faction Technology Special: Fonoss excels at construction and architecture, due to their specialization in high precision equipments.
Faction Technology: Photon-based weapons. Warp ships. A few prototype-phase hyperspace ships. Advanced construction techniques.
Faction Style: Class social system. Royal class from different colonies are formed into Collective Council with High-matriarch as head of state.
Other Info: Fonoss Collective is female superior society. Female usually holds higher social ranking than male and most leadership positions are held by females.

More information on this faction is ready and will be posted once it's approved.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#26 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:26 PM

You are approved.

Posted Image

#27 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 22 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

Faction Name:the UWSC alliance (united worlds space command)and in war called UWSCDF ( united worlds space corps defence force)

Faction Location: Delta

Faction Technology Special: it's focal point of the civiliation is ballistics and have invisiblity tech.

Faction Technology: ballistic and plasma based weapons,they use primary and advanced hyperdrive ships,there colonies have state-of-the-art tech that reduces pollution and makes heavy industry a thing of the past,they also have hover tech but prefer to use wheels on vehicles.

Faction Style: Democracy,elections and acsess to making companys are approved

Other Information: home planet:Reach, they have a total of 30 planet colonies,speices:humans
type of armys:mainly it's just the UNSC with alot of twists,though all the marines are actually the ODST's.
weaknesses:laser tech,they are vulnerable to lasers,vehicles cannot withstand alot of damage,after a period of time of being fired they well explode,it is fatal,worlds that are similar to the moons landscape can't be used becuase there main resources of power is water and solar,so those planets are useless to them.

aggerision state:they are peaceful but if forced into war they fight hard,you will probably die after a bad fight with them.

special species:they are also allied with the elites and grunts from halo.they have the halo sentinels as there workers that build there homes along with other things,they carry guns for safety(the ones that are mounted in there bodies).

there story:during the soviet-american war most refugee's from america (which were most of the population)along with other countrys escaped to reach.they invented the spartan III project ,they have 30 colonies and growing becuase of the hyperspace technology,all thier army focus on metal products and oil along with other minerals,they don't use bio-chemistry for attacks.there most producive world is Harvest that provide most of thier food.

i hope it's not to godlike. :p
tell me if thiers still something to be needed or takin off.

Edited by General Jenkins, 23 December 2007 - 06:23 PM.

#28 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 22 December 2007 - 06:29 AM

Faction Name: K.R.O.N.O.S (Kaltesian Remnants Omni Nations Omega System)

Faction Location: Gamma Quadrant

Faction Technology Special: trans-dimensional technologies

Faction Technology: illusion/projection, dimensional phasing/shifting/cloak, transformation, trans-dimentional energy retrieval, hyperdrive capabilities, replicator-like drones, some of the strongest materials in the known universe, disrupter beam weapons, and the disrupter shockwave superweapon

Faction Style: controlled by the 'overmind' which all of them share, they all think as one

Other Information: they have no real 'offensive' weaponry, instead they try to capture enemy vessels, using their phasing to get passed weapons fire, or to ambush enemies,
KRONOS is the only remaining reminder of the Kaltesian Civilization, a humanoid people, with elvin features and taller then most other humanoid races, they are not originally from this dimension

Story: KRONOS is all thats left of the Kaltesians, a race who came here fleeing from a threat in a different dimension, but couldn't escape, so they uploaded all their knowledge into KRONOS, before being destroyed. KRONOS's ultimate objective is to destroy the threat, using knowledge and technology from this new dimension.

Edited by some_wierdGuy., 06 January 2008 - 02:34 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 22 December 2007 - 04:23 PM

Ok, time to sort out these two registrations...

Firstly to General Jenkins:

Faction Technology Special: it's focal point of the civiliation is war tech and also regular tech

Well, war and regular tech is basically all tech. That's not the point of this part of the registration. Tech special is what you specialize in, be it lasers, ballistics, shields, and whatnot.

Other than that, the faction's history is a bit sketchy, could you possibly clean it up just a bit?

And now to Some_wierdGuy

Faction Technology Special: they have some of the strongest materials in the known universe, and also trans-dimensional space travel and energy abstraction, and even limited formes of time manipulation

Ok, there are parts of this I don't mind, like the strongest materials and energy abstraction. As for transdimensional space travel, this is considered the hyperdrive or slipstream drive, my faction specializes in slipstream. And for time manipulation, ABSOLUTELY NOT. No offense, but we don't want to get into paradoxes, paradoxial effects, things that really shouldn't happen in an RP. Time manipulation will not be allowed in this RP unless it is a macro set forward by me. No offense, but even the ancients on stargate didn't allow time manipulation.

since then the overmind has been growing, and now it has expanded into and controls most of Gamma Quadrant

Ok, can't allow that. Other people might want to register in gamma, and it would be impossible for one faction, domain excluded (and especially looking at the history you wrote up), to control an entire quadrant (Note that that's more that several thousand light years squared.)

As for the replicators...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicator_%28Stargate%29
-------------------------------------------
Until such time as the above are resolved/fixed, please consider your factions on the hold list.

Posted Image

#30 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:09 PM

Faction Name: The Chalsidii
Faction Location: Beta Quadrant
Faction Technology Special: Scavengers, salvagers. Fond of reappropriating enemy craft, of all shapes and sizes.
Faction Technology: Solid slug weaponry. Travel by 'torchship' (hyperspace equivalent); a form of travel copied from a one-time opponent, though the whys and wherefores are a mystery to the Chalsidii. So named for the powerful ball of light left in the ship's wake as it moves above lightspeed.
Faction Style: Brutal tyranny, severe oppression, the masses subdued by constant violent combat, both real and staged, and by an elite internal policing force known as the Chalsithron.
Other Info: The Chalsithron are the only members of the Chalsidii to be equipped with 'space age' weaponry; they carry long-range atomic-power photon rifles, 'rescued' from a former neighbour, one whose homeworld no longer exists, a fearsome tribute to the savagery and merciless nature of the Chalsidii in combat.

Edited by Vortigern, 27 December 2007 - 12:14 AM.

I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#31 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:40 AM

OK, General Jenkins, you edited, and you're approved.

Vortigen, I just need one last piece of information from you before I approve you, something I left off the list. What style are you planning on having the bodies of your race? Humanoid? Romulan? Klingon? Spider-like things? Just a general description would be fine.

Posted Image

#32 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 26 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

Humanoid, but reminiscent of neanderthals rather than humans; i.e. dark-skinned, hairy, animal-skin clothing, occasionally alien-skin clothing :wink_new: What their clothes are made of is a badge of honour.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#33 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 03:42 AM

Alright, you're approved Vortigen.

Posted Image

#34 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

Ok, there are parts of this I don't mind, like the strongest materials and energy abstraction. As for transdimensional space travel, this is considered the hyperdrive or slipstream drive, my faction specializes in slipstream.

so im still allowed to have a hyper drive, just not specialize in it?

and i'll get rid of the strongest materials,

but whats wrong with the energy abstraction? i have to get power from somewhere, im not having it that its super over powered, im not about to go and ruin everything by saying that my factions energy is so much better then everyone else that i win and kill you all, or something stupid like that
(also any other unbalances you may be worried about will be off set by their lack of proper offensive weaponry)

but yeah, i have come up with way better idea's for story and technology

oh, and the ancients do allow time manipulation :rolleyes: ,
(the ascended ancients dont really interfere with anything, not even time manipulation)

Posted Image

#35 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 08:37 PM

That's not the point. I said I don't mind the strongest material or energy extraction from the subspace continuum, which means I don't care if you use it.

The rest, like time manipulation IS BANNED from this RP, pure and simple. Anyone trying to contradict this, or hell even trying to USE it, will not be allowed to register. I don't want paradoxes to happen, they give me a headache, and are hell to resolve.

Posted Image

#36 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

Faction Name: Belegrium ( :rolleyes: )
Faction Location: Delta Quadrant
Faction Technology Special: Space Combat (Fighting with Cruisers and starfighters)
Faction Technology: 100 Cruisers, with a dozen starfighters on each ship. A legion is abourd every Cruiser.
Faction Style: Monarchy
Other Information: Belegrium was in civil war for 7 centuries, until a young general assassinated the leaders of both sides and declared himself King of Belegrium. He quickly reunited the planet, and the young leader, Crashus, built up an army of starships. The planet itslef is 60% land and 40% ocean. For centuries, they have not explored beyond their planet, but now, under a strong leader, they are ready for space and what awaits them.
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

#37 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

Beleg's one last question. You have an interesting backstory, but what weapon types will you be using?

Posted Image

#38 Beleg

Beleg

title available

• Project Team
  • 564 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:06 PM

lasers? :rolleyes:
92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature
Posted Image
"Tell a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
>>Political Compass<<

#39 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:06 AM

oops, i guess i should have looked harder at what you said, i thought you said you didn't want those

but is my faction accepted?(i got rid of the time stuff)

and since my one has no offensive weaponry, i have to ask

are you going to make it that the bad guys have super shields or something, cause if i cant get past their shields, how am i s'pose to attack?
if your not, then thats ok, i just need to know if i will need weapons, or if im fine how i am.

also, i have changed it so i once controlled about half of the quadrant, but shut down, so other civilizations could have evolved on plants i was on(well still am, right now its like the ruins are coming to life)

is that ok?

((oh, and I'll put my story somewhere else if my faction is accepted, i just wanted it typed down somewhere, so i wouldn't forget it))

Edited by some_wierdGuy., 03 January 2008 - 12:11 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:15 AM

SWG, if you wanna know about the Domain's fighting capabilities then read one of the combat threads, like the Fonoss Collective - Mysterious Encounter or the Lumiaran Evacuation. The general impression seems to be that they are awesome, and derive great pleasure from making us run all over the universe and then running away, having destroyed anything of value. :)
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users