MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  • Projects:Wars of the East mod
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:43 PM

Hi there everyone. Here's your beloved pal, MB :p

Sorry for not being active lately but school is taking very much time from me, so I can't do too many things on the forums these days.

But anyway, with Ithron's permission, here's a Sneak Peak - about the Campaign itself !

The story will be based on the storyline made by IthronAiwendil. The basic concept is done at all missions, and the first campaign map is almost finished (we just need to do the scripting).

Dunno when will be the campaign finished, though - for our mappers (expect elvenfury) haven't been to active lately...

But enough talk ! It's time to see that Sneak Peak ! First, the complete list of missions:

LIST OF MISSIONS:

NOTE 1: The campaign is a specially combined Evil/Good campaign; you'll be able to play with both Dorwinion and Evil Men - in the same campaign !

NOTE 2: Some missions are somehow connected, and use the same map. They are signed with "x/a" and "x/b". They are seperate missions, and NOT one mission in two halves. Understood ?

- 0.: Prologue - Gathering of Evil (Evil)
See how it begins ! Pallando gathers the evil men of the East and South, and even the orcs of the Ash Mountain under his banner !
- 1/a.: Strike at Cuiveinen (Evil)
Pallando's forces invade Cuiveinen - but the elves resist hard. Can the Evil still prevail ?
- 1/b.: Strike at Cuiveinen (Good)
Pallando's army is close to victory. Can Tulamdir and the elves make a stand ?
- 2.: Just a Fool's Hope (Evil)
The elves drove back the enemy, and Alatar has raised a rebellion against Pallando in Rhun. Pallando, however, was not unprepared...
- 3.: Dasron's Way (Good)
Dasron and Tharna are on their way to Rivendell, to ask for help from the Council of Elrond. But the road isn't safe...
- 4.: Siege of Hildorien (Good)
Pallando's next target is Hildorien. But Borlach won't give up easly. Reinforcements from the Free Realms of the East are coming - but will they be able to stop the Shadow ?
- 5.: Freeing Alatar (Good)
It is now clear that the good guys need to free Alatar. But it's never that simple...
- 6/a.: Kalorme (Good)
Alatar sends Tharna into the Last Desert in search of the mystical "Wraith of Kalorme" and his forgotten people. What dangers await Tharna and his company ?
- 6/b.: Kalorme (Evil)
Pallando also ventures into the Last Desert, hoping to find something... useful. Useful enough to devastate entire Dorwinion. Will he prevail ?
- 7.: Fall of Jarkand (Evil)
All Evil Men forces assemble to besiege the proud capital of Dorwinion. The walls are strong, the defenders are desperate. but can the match the enemy's power ?
- 8.: Battle in the Desert (Good)
The heroes gather up near Helkar and make their stand against Pallando. Soon, the sand becomes red...
- 9.: United We Stand (Good)
While Alatar travels to Kalorme to free Akrothir, Borlach and Bladorthin march against Pallando's main fortress - Rholavion. But their path is blocked by Khamul...
- 10.: Under the Walls of Rholavion (Good)
The united armies of the Free Realms of the East finally besiege Rholavion and face Pallando's generals. They easly break the gate - but Pallando has some (not-so) nice suprises for them...
- 11.: Masters of the East (Good)
It all comes down to this... the small team of heroes invade Pallando's Temple. Little do they know what horrors await them... will Alatar be able to finally stop Pallando ?
- 12.: Epilogue - A Bright Future ? (Good)
Years have passed since the Wars of the East have ended. But now, a new Shadow is about to emerge... what can it be ? And can the heroes stop it before it's too late ?

As you see, the List is quite big - we'll be happy if we can finish it, at all :huh:

________________________________________________________________________________

And now, one of the Missions: the Prologue !

NOTE: This is a "simplified" version of the mission. This means that it does not contain the purhasced upgrades, amount of battalions, level of heroes, etc. (so, in short, the gameplay details). In the original version, these are already done. The dialogues, however, are all original and are exactly the same as in the original version.

Prologue - Gathering of Evil

"Rhun... Harad... Khand... Umbar... lands of people, who were tortured by the West, for long time. Their hatred had blossomed over the centuries, and soon, the men of the West will fall by the very same hatred they helped to develop, and thus the Dark Lord was able to force these people to war. These nations are strong, but each of them works only for itself. They could be much stronger together. And could be a blade, used by the Dark Lord...

The armies of my Lord are strong even now, but they could be even more stronger, if "someone" could unite the evil men of the East and South. And this "someone" is here... it's ME. I will forge them into a blade, worthy of the Dark Lord... for I am Romestamo, the East-Helper ! And those, who dare to resist, must fall...
"

Map type: Rhunic wasteland; there are many creep bases, mainly Goblin Caves and Orc Camps.

Starting scene:

Ulwarth: My lord, the people you invited to the meeting will arrive soon. But I fear they don't submit to your sacred will willingly. Most likely, each of them wants us to do something for them, to prove our might ! We must meet with each of the leaders, do their requests, and then they will be our loyal servants.

Starting army:
- Pallando
- Ulwarth
- 2 battalions of Easterling Pikemen
- 2 battalions of Easterling Archers
- 1 battalion of Dark Easterlings

You also have a small base.

You can train:
- Easterling Pikemen
- Easterling Archers

NOTE: you can't train Builders in this mission.

Objective:
- Meet with Vronkhar, the leader of the Variags of Khand.

Once you meet with Vronkhar:

Vronkhar: So the mighty East-Helper and his servants have come. Great !
Pallando: Let's get straight to the point, chieftain of Khand. What do you require in return of your services ?
Vronkhar: A thing we Variags honor above all else ! BATTLE ! If you defeat ME, I and my people will serve you ! COME ON, YOU BLUE-ROBE !

New Objective:
- Defeat Vronkhar and then he and his company will join you.

You just need to weaken Vronkhar. If his health reaches a certain amount (below 40%), then:

Vrokhar: Wait ! Stop ! Please ! Now I see your power ! I'll serve you !

Vronkhar and his company - the surviving units - joins your side !

Ulwarth: My lord, Fuinur and his pirates have arrived to the area.

New Objective:
- Meet with Fuinur, leader of the Corsairs of Umbar.

Once you meet with Fuinur:

Fuinur: Ah, greetings ya' sea-rats ! I agreed to meet with ya' so spit out what ya' need !
Pallando: We require your services, mighty captain of Umbar. We are ready to give you whatever you want in return.
Fuinur: Now, that's a real business, blue-hat ! What I need is GOLD, lots of gold ! Why ? Because I couldn't pay my men since last month ! So do somethin' about it quickly !

New Objective:
- Train a Tribute Caravan and send it to Fuinur.

You can train a unit named "Tribute Caravan" - for 10.000 resources. You need to train one and send it to Fuinur. Until this happens, Fuinur remains neutral. If the Tribute Caravan reaches Fuinur in safety:

Fuinur: Ah, you are good at such things I see ! Well then, we fight for you, blue-hat !

Fuinur and his company joins you !

Ulwarth: My lord, Boldog and his orcs from the Ash Mountains have arrived.

New Objective:
- Meet with Boldog, leader of the orcs from the Ash Mountains.

Once you meet with Boldog:

Boldog: My master, Sauron wants me to help you, wizard, and I heed his call ! My warriors will help you without question !
Pallando: At last someone without trouble. Your services are welcome, Boldog.

Boldog and his company joins your side !

Ulwarth: My lord, Suladan, the king of Harad has arrived.

New Objective:
- Meet with Suladan, King of Harad.

Once you are near to Suladan and his company, they will be attacked by elves !

Ulwarth: My lord, Suladan is under attack ! If he falls, your plan will fail ! We must rescue him !

The enemy has 1 battalion of Cuiveinen Horsemen, 2 battalions of Cuiveinen Pikemen and 2 battalions of Moriquendi Archers.

Once you defeat the elves:

Suladan: Thanks for giving a hand, these damned elves has attacked us just a few minutes ago. I guess they have a small outpost somewhere nearby.
Pallando: We'll deal with them later. What do you say about the alliance I told you about earlier, king of Harad ?
Suladan: I realized your wisdom, East-Helper. Allied, the people of the East and South will take control of the West ! Harad will stand together with Rhun !
Pallando: Good. Now, let's test the might of our alliance on the pathetic elves !

Suladan and his company - the surviving units - joins you !

Ulwarth: My lord, our scouts have located the elven outpost.

New Objective:
- Destroy the nearby elven outpost.

With an army of that size, you can easly do it. The base is protected by Cuiveinen Horsemen, Cuiveinen Pikemen and Moriquendi Archers.

Once you defeat them:

Pallando: Our alliance proved to be strong. Together, we'll take control of the entire East and West !

"Sauron's dominion over Middle-Earth draws near..."

VICTORY !

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Special Thanks to:
- elvenfury, Puppeteer, jimmyman (for giving feedback on my ideas at the Staff Forum)
- IthronAiwendil (campaign storyline)
- Elendil the High (helping in creating "Mission 8: Battle in the Desert" and "Mission 12: A Bright Future ?")
- my brother, Gábor (storyline ideas for "Mission 12: A Bright Future ?")*

*big thanks, bro ! I couldn't have done it without you ;)

That's all for now, folks ! I hope you enjoyed this little Sneak Peak. If you have questions, just post it. But beware, if the answer would be a spoiler, I won't answer :p

- MB
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#2 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

you are a fantastic ideas guy and we will out of any mods have the best campaign this is so run through you never rush the mission this is a fantastic mission as always you never doubt me about your ideas ;)

hope other people post about the campaign sneak peak :huh:

#3 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, I hope so.

You've heard it, guys - don't be afraid telling comments or asking questions :huh:
Posted Image
---
"Well, I can't argue with that - modding IS hard. But what would have become of games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3, Dungeon Siege, Half-Life 1-2, Neverwinter Nights and BfME 1-2 if we, modders, weren't there ? They would have long been forgotten. Modding is hard, but it's an honorable thing." - MorrisB

#4 Captain Beremir

Captain Beremir
  • Project Team
  • 133 posts
  • Projects:Beta Tester for Wars of the East, Ideas for The Hobbit Mod

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:28 PM

Finally some stuff on the campaign! Can't wait for more/it to be finished!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:43 PM

seems like theres a shortage of evil missions near the end. ah well, never liked them much anyway :huh: but ithron, you could to two campaigns, the second being where the epilogue is in standard rotwk. anyway, sweet ideas, and im available for scripting/help if you've forgotten ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#6 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 17 October 2007 - 05:14 AM

@Beremir: thanks :huh:

@YodaWarrior: there will be only ONE campaign. It's settled. Anyway, Yoda, some scripting support would prove useful, so I suggest you to PM Ithron if you could help.
Posted Image
---

#7 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 17 October 2007 - 11:49 AM

Very interesting and cool idea. Should be good to play both sides of the conflict.

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

#8 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 17 October 2007 - 02:25 PM

OMG... Dain himself has made a post here :good:

Hm... I wonder what will happen if we ever manage to fully finish the mod, alongside with the campaign and- oh no, NO ! A VISION ! AAAAGHH !

"And out of many forums, men were moving endlessly: players, skinners, modellers of all nations, idea guys with crazy thoughs and all the great modders."
Posted Image
---

#9 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 17 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

well yoda can script my mission one since im busy making cuivienen mission and my own mod :good:

#10 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 17 October 2007 - 09:16 PM

...so I suggest you to PM Ithron if you could help...

i posted in his mappers wanted thread a while back, was just reminding him :good:

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#11 IthronAiwendil

IthronAiwendil

Retired modder

• Hosted
  • 1,452 posts
  • Projects:None
  •  Coder, skinner, modeler, art guy

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:07 AM

Yoda, I'd be happy if you could help :) PM elvenfury and ask for his map so you can start scripting it... And remember that you'll need the latest beta for the mission ;)

#12 Sigmar

Sigmar
  • Hosted
  • 100 posts

Posted 20 October 2007 - 05:45 AM

This sounds pretty awsome. keep up the good work :good:

Edited by Sigmar, 20 October 2007 - 05:45 AM.

#13 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:02 PM

Amazing I know I haven't been around here much but simply amazing :huh:
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#14 MorrisB

MorrisB

Wanderer of the East

• Project Team
  • 884 posts
  •  Loremaster of WotE

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:56 PM

Both of you (Sigmar and The Best Guest), thanks; we'll try our best and keep up doing the work (if possible :lol: ).
Posted Image
---

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users