RPG Frontier

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 17 October 2007 - 01:34 AM

Hello everyone! We've recently launched the RPG Frontier and we'd like to invite everyone to join it. The RPG Frontier is a place where you can play RPG text based games by posting in the forums and be part of a cool story.

The difference between RPG Frontier and the old Revora RPG is that, in order to make the existing RPGs more popular, we are slowing down the amount of RPGs, so it's starting with only three:

1) Worlds of War: The Worlds of the Milky Way galaxy are trying to keep the peace between themselves. A rogue faction is slowly beginning to fracture this peace, known only as the Domain. Can the worlds of the galaxy destroy this faction before it destroys them and all peace?

2) Arsencia: In the vast fantasy world of Arsencia, many struggle to carry on their daily lives. Where magic duels and swordfights are a common occurance, where dragons control large areas of land, and where the land is filled with stains of a bloody war. Enter the world of Arsencia.

3) Apocalypse: An RPG, resurrected by popular demand, in a world where a virus has wracked the world, spreading a vile cannibalistic plague...

And that's just the beginning. Be part of it and let the fun commence!
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#2 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:45 AM

Excellent! I also just wanted to let everyone know we're open to all levels of RPGers, beginning to advanced.

Posted Image

#3 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 17 October 2007 - 04:36 PM

And I shall add to that.

If you're interested in RPing, but don't know where to start, just ask of of the current RPers for help! We're always willing to help out should you want it!

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:37 AM

ok, im asking

what exactally is this rpg thing, i always thought rpgs were games like diablo or baldurs gate or somthing

so what is this?
(im guess ing its like a "pen and paper rpg" which i have never even seen one of them befor, so have no idea what they are like)

plz dont laugh at me to hard :p , i honestly have no idea what exactally this is :D

but from what i do understand(which i probably dont understand correctly anyway) it sounds kinda fun

anyway, when i find out what it is, i might join :D

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 17 November 2007 - 12:40 PM

Yes it is a writing RPG if you need a link you can click on Dwarven Warfare in my sig
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#6 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

A TBRPG or an FRPG are Text-based or Forum-based RPGs. They generally involve writting out the actions and words spoken by your character in a story with many other people that also post what their characters do. There are a few general rules:
1) No godmodding: Godmodding is stating one of the following:
A ) Other character's actions.
B ) Stating hits on other player's characters and/or ships without allowing them to respond first.
2) No Macroing: Macroing is using outside knowledge from OOC (out of character) threads and or statements, or use of information gained from other's topics that you have read that you would not have gained otherwise.

Other than that...feel free to do whatever *unless an RP leader has more rules and whatnot*.

Posted Image

#7 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 02:44 AM

so you are writing a story basicly, with other people over a forum

and you can do things like fight other people(weather it is in a mythical swords and magic style combat, or a super space ship battle), or do other stuff

2) No Macroing: Macroing is using outside knowledge from OOC (out of character) threads and or statements, or use of information gained from other's topics that you have read that you would not have gained otherwise.

i don't really understand this, so if in the thread our "character" doesn't know something, but we as a person do, we still have to go along with our character not knowing

so if in one thread, i find out someone's weakness, i cant then in the other thread kill them or whatever through that weakness, cause in that thread my character doesn't know about it

am i on the right track?

Posted Image

#8 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:19 AM

That is precisely what macroing is.

Macroning is the declared passage of time..and is normally allowed over the range of a few posts. An RP leader may also decide to Macron a few months and or years to suit their needs. But other than that, you seem to have it down. Generally for fighting other people, it will not concern other members characters (Unless you take part in such an RP), but rather NPCs, or non-playable characters that the RPG Leader declairs.

Posted Image

#9 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:07 AM

ok so i think i get it all now

but im sure if i accidentally 'macro' i would be told,

well, i think im going to try and join the apocalypse one
(i might join others to... i can do that, right? theres no weird rule that i can only RP in one? cause if there is, get rid of it, lol)

i pm my character sheet thing to the leader person right?
do i wait till they pm me saying im approved before i post who i am on the forum bit,
or do i do both at the same time?
(for now ill just pm it to leader)

wow, you cant half tell how nooby i am when it comes to RPing can you? lol :p :good:

Edited by some_wierdGuy., 19 November 2007 - 06:16 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:00 PM

Not noobie, no...just newbie, but that's ok lol. Most RPs will have a character forum for you to sign up in so the leader doesn't have a flooded PM box. Just look for a forum that says Character Info or something like that and post your profile there.

Posted Image

#11 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:47 AM

yep, well ive been accepted, and darkskul said the same sort of thing(about the pm not really being needed that much anymore)

Not noobie, no...just newbie, but that's ok lol.

:p :good:

edit: lol, and now i get that noob/newb even more, just saw this:
http://infinitegalax...?...0

man that is funny, (is that you, or someone else with the same avatar who posted that?)

also, it says it is taken from here on revora, but i cant find it anywhere(if i hadnt clicked on the link in your sig, i would never have found it)

anyway, thanks, its good to know im not a noob :good:

(:sad: honestly i couldnt stop laughing when i read the noob language things, and the funniest bit is, I've seen people who actually type like that,:mellow:)

Edited by some_wierdGuy., 20 November 2007 - 06:56 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:51 PM

Yep it's me. I own Infinite Galaxies, it's my alternate forum site. I'm root admin along with a friend of mine who used to also be here at revora. I think I found that topic in the BFME discussions and...shamelessly deboe'd it.

Posted Image

#13 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:31 AM

wow, cool your own forum

and yeah, i think i would post that in my forum... if i had one :dry:

anyway, thanks for your help so far, i appreciate it
(i think im all set up to RP now :p )