326 replies to this topic

#21 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

Musn't hurt the Precious!

• Project Team
  • 827 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Gate Mod

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:15 PM

The thing is, human form replicators are pretty much invincible except to the ancient disrupter weapon. I like the trust employee idea, but that only works for Goa'uld faction. As I said, all other factions must have some means of fighting them.

Teal'c will stay with the Tau'ri. Of course he is a jaffa of enormous importance to the free Jaffa, but all along he was pretty much "Teal'c of the Tau'ri." I pretty much don't want to separate him from SG-1.
"Et Earello Endorenna utulien.
Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Don't come between The Lord of the Rings and its junkie!

#22 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 27 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

True, only ARG can kill them, but why put that in-game? In Lord of the Rings, Nazgûl were supposed to be invincible too, yet you can kill them in-game... Btw, the only ones capable of destroying priors are the Tau'ri too, yet you plan to make an ori faction as well...

Replicators
Buildings:
Fortress
Neutronium Mine
Fabrics
Armory
Hangar

Units:
Replicator Spider
Replicator Bug (Bugs may come together to form one enormous bug)
Replicator Queen
Spider Ship
Vessel
Human-Form Replicator

Heroes:
Reese
First
Fifth
Seventh
RepliCarter
Oberoth
Dr. Weir

Oberoth and Dr. Weir only if you are planning to put Atlantis stuff in as well, though Dr. Weir is also a SG-1 character.

Edited by Allathar, 27 October 2007 - 04:30 PM.

It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#23 Taralom

Taralom

Self-proclaimed A**hole

• Project Team
  • 1,519 posts
  • Projects:Turned to Writing
  •  I R GOOGL'd

Posted 28 October 2007 - 01:24 PM

what about the stargate?
that's what the entire serie is all about, how normal people get hugely advanced technology and use it.
If the above post offended you in any way,
please take note that, until further notice, I don't care, so get lost.

#24 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:33 PM

Allathar, I'll give it some serious thought. I really would like to get them to work. One thing I can say is that human form replicators would be limited to hero units if implemented. They would have only a few powers as well, their strength residing mostly in their physical indestructibility. I also think I'll stick with the SG-1 theme and leave out Atlantis stuff, that may be worthy of another mod altogether. BTW, I haven't been able to keep up with the Atlantis series. Why did you suggest Weir as a replicator hero?

Taralom, I do plan on at least having reinforcement summons come from the stargate. That way control of ground area around the gate should be of great strategic importance while playing. Certain special summons may beam in or come from off map. Fingulfin mentioned he was thinking of a way to actually use a gate with scripting, but I don't know much about that. So initially it will be just normal skirmishes constrained to a single map.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 28 October 2007 - 08:35 PM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#25 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 03:20 PM

BTW, I haven't been able to keep up with the Atlantis series. Why did you suggest Weir as a replicator hero?

Well, in season 3 the Atlantis team discovers Replicators in the Pegasus galaxy, or Asurans as they call themselves. They found out that Reese, the mother of the replicators, was in fact Asuran. Oberoth, leader of the Pegasus Replicators (all of the Asurans are human-form replicators) wants to attack Atlantis after they hear it survived the Wraith attack. They manage to stop it, but not before one of the Replicators infects Dr. Weir with nanites. Next ep they manage to save her, but there's still many (in-active) nanites in her left.

@ the end of season 3 Atlantis is attacked by the Replicators after Earth nuked their planet. Atlantis then goes into hyperspace (they're flying away) but not before the control room blows up, including Weir.

In season 4 McKay saves Weirs live by reprogramming the nanites that were left inside her. Atlantis is drifting in space, so they need ZPMs and decide to steal them from the replicator planet (the reps got dozens of ZPMs). The team succeeds because Dr. Weir goes to Oberoth and she manages to take control over the Link, pausing all replicator movement. The team is unable to rescue her, so she's left on the replicator planet. Later in the season the team encounters her again, now as fully reprogrammed replicator-babe ^^.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#26 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

Update! Happy birthday Allathar, say hello to the replicator faction. :dry: Bye bye Lucian Alliance.

Adria now has a full power set, and the Tau'ri are working their way towards a complete power tree.
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:41 PM

Actually, there are two kinds of Replicator ships:

Posted Image

#28 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 03:54 PM

The kind on top is the big type that stays in space, like a Ha'tak or Ori battlecruiser. The design will serve as inspiration for a smaller fighter ship, though.

Now that I have at least a wire frame for all factions set up, I can start to flesh things out a bit. So far the Tau'ri seems to be the most developed faction, although Adria is the only hero with a full power set at this point.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 31 October 2007 - 04:36 PM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 Deathbringer

Deathbringer
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:57 PM

This mod should be cc3.has nothing to do with BFMEs.

#30 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:05 PM

That's what I said... C$C is just so much more suited for a sci-fi mod. And because it uses the same engine, modding it should be not much different than modding bfme2.

#31 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 05:11 PM

As I said before, I agree. I can't mod C&C 3 though, because I don't have 3DS Max. That plus C&C 3 really has no such thing as 'heroes' as they are in BFME per say. Anyone else who thinks it's odd for BFME2, please bug the guys who are making the X-men or POTC mod. This will be a BFME2 mod, period.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 31 October 2007 - 05:19 PM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

Update! I have begun modeling the simplest of the fortress buildings: the Goa'uld fortress.

Posted Image

The footprint of the fortress is a good bit larger than most of the square fortresses in the game, but scaling it down to make the base smaller made the pyramid laughably short in comparison to the door. I'm planning on adding a some sand at the base of the pyramid and around the door.

Here is a size comparison with the Mordor fortress.

Posted Image

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 02 November 2007 - 06:08 PM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:05 AM

Simple but effective, although I don't know how the foot of the piramid will turn out in-game.

Btw, what 'bout having two kinds of Goa'uld System Lords ('sub-factions'): the System Lord Alliance and the Goa'uld Outcasts?

Alliance: Lord Yu, Ra, Cronos, Apophis, Klorel, Heru-ur
Outcasts: Sokar, Anubis, Osiris, Ba'al, Tanith

#34 lycan

lycan

title available

• Banned
  • 553 posts
  • Projects:HP Mod
  •  Im just a guy around these forums

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:04 PM

i like the pyramid it looks quite nice,

btw what is stargate never heard of it, i dont watch these star wars thing

#35 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:18 PM

Wow elvenfury, what sci-fi deficient hole have you been living in? :) These two wiki articles should fill you in pretty well. :)

Stargate (Franchise)
Stargate (Device)

Allathar, I'm not too much of a fan of sub-factions, so I don't think I'll be doing that. Keep the ideas coming though. Still trying to think of a Tau'ri resource building, lol.
tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#36 The Best Guest

The Best Guest

Herald of Kane.....

• Division Admins
  • 2,048 posts
  • Projects:Revora, {IP}
  •  Varied
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:PR Admin

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:46 PM

How about a computer building of some sorts for the resource building
mrbar.jpg
SEE-Team_MapEditor.jpg

#37 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

Still trying to think of a Tau'ri resource building, lol.

Naquadah Generator perhaps?

#38 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hmm, that would be interesting. Perhaps they could explode when destroyed! :) Couldn't make it a realistic explosion though, otherwise it would wipe out an entire base... :)

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 03 November 2007 - 05:15 PM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Lord of the Rings Junkie

Lord of the Rings Junkie

• Project Team
  • 827 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 10:59 PM

Experimenting with a skin for the fortress.

Posted Image

Obviously incomplete, and probably not the final mapping on the door.

Edited by Lord of the Rings Junkie, 04 November 2007 - 05:04 AM.

tenn' Ambar-metta!"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#40 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

No sex please, we're Dwarves

• Hosted
  • 1,655 posts
  • Projects:The Peninsular War
  •  I aten't dead.

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:49 PM

Looking very sharp! Good stuff

Dain: Arr Nertea: yarrrr Dain: haharrrr Nertea: graaawwwr Dain: oaaaaaaaarr Nertea: .... honk?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users