Photo

Anyone interested in a tourney?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Would u play in a Remix 3 - Tourney?

Would u play in a Remix 3 - Tourney?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

Well, I did make a poll for Contra - it don't work.

I hope this forum is much more active and I get some ppl writing/discussing here.

I plan a 1on1-tourney and if a lot of pple vote yes, I will post some news and do advertise a bit that we have at least a 32er-Grid!

Vote, aks & discuss, thx!

#2 Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

Sure i want, i dont get that much oppoments to play against. But how are you goin to plan that in case of the different timezones?

#3 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

16 or 17 GMT is good for nearly everyone.
http://web155.mis06.de/uwt/index.php
Just look at our other tourneys, if the page does work again.

#4 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts
  • Projects:Remix Beta 1.0

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

I've also had intrest in a Tournament, but I never really pursued it, it was just something I thaught about starting.

As for getting 30+ people, thats going to be tough... there just arn't all that many active members on the ZH side of Revora right now. I think 16 may be a slightly more achievable number of people. If you REALY want a larger player turnout I recomend contacting players from Contras Multi-Player regestration using thier PM, IM, and Email contacts. If you can get 30 people to commit, you have a chance of having 20 players when its time to play. Most of the players on the list would probably be pretty happy to try either mod.

As for coordinating the matches, the tourny would have to span a seek or two, and specifc matches would have to be lined up well in advance. I would recomend with the first round or two pitting players from the same time zones in matches to get those rounds played out sooner. the farther up the tree the more pre-planning you need and the longer between each round.

Also, keep in mind for each match you really need 3 people to do it right. 2 players and an impartial judge.
The judge is actualy very important as mismatches and crashes are going to happen when playing this many rounds. There has to be someone there to say "It was a mismatch, but Bob's base was getting raped when it happened" or "It mismatched too soon... we need a rematch"

You can get by without a judge if both players fully trust each other to yield when "beaten", but if you don't trust or don't know the player your going up against I think any player should be able to request a judge.

I'd be interested in playing if a Remix Tourny were to start up. Just for the fun of playing.I'd also be willing to judge when not playing my own rounds. The only thing is I need lots of advance warning so I can be available, and sometimes my work/family can keep me from playing even when I've planned on it.

EDIT: Keep in mind that when saying xyz time should be good not all of us are teenagers with free time. Some of us have jobs and families.

Edited by Pendaelose, 25 October 2007 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#5 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:10 PM

We played several tourneys on UWT - we had never a problem which time-zones really. Rules are quite easy and if 30 do SIGN in ~15 will play.
We need no 3rd player in a game - replays do speak for themselves.
We never had a DC. I am no teenager also and most of the ppl are avarage or pro player which did already play in UWT.

Pro means we also have the chance to detect and discuss huge inbalances and bugs here.

1.05e i9s what we did togehter with tzhe best ZH players.
http://www.gamerepla...howtopic=280024

Whats the newest version on Remix?

Edited by ReLaX, 25 October 2007 - 07:14 PM.

#6 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

We played several tourneys on UWT - we had never a problem which time-zones really. Rules are quite easy and if 30 do SIGN in ~15 will play.
We need no 3rd player in a game - replays do speak for themselves.
We never had a DC. I am no teenager also and most of the ppl are avarage or pro player which did already play in UWT.

Pro means we also have the chance to detect and discuss huge inbalances and bugs here.

1.05e i9s what we did togehter with tzhe best ZH players.
http://www.gamerepla...howtopic=280024

Whats the newest version on Remix?

the most recent version is posted in the "Released Versions" topic. and I'm not the least bit concerned about player disconects, but rather mismatches. I can promise you 100% if you try and play 15+ people you will have a very high mismatch rate and not everyone will agree who was winning.

And my comment about time was not so much about timezones but rather life styles. not everyone can play in the middle of the day, even on a weekend.

but meh, what ever. you can run it however you want.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Between now and the next polished release there should be very little new art work done. Instead the focus is on designing, testing, and fixing. the mod has always been so close to finished that its nearly criminal. I'd love to see this through to the end with a real community effort.

#7 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 26 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

No from me, however i sure it would be fun for a lot of people.
I however don't enjoy them, friendly PvPs or comp stomp is fun enough without having to add the omg u n00b i pawned you thing.
Besides everyone has different levels of skill probably more so with this mod as there is a lot to take in for newer remix players and even then they have to get used to units there ability's and so forth.

Besides i am above average player I'm not gonna pawn people and then have someone like pend kick me ass :) I would have to cry myself to sleep LMAO.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#8 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 09:38 AM

Tourneys/Leagues are just more competive and do make more fun than FFGing.
Mismatching will be noe real problem.
If this happens both player need to wait for the admins decision OR do play it again if both do agree with that.

I thought the Modder from this mod woulkd be interested to balance the mod a bit.

#9 Phoenix911

Phoenix911

SAS Alpha Team Leader (Forum n00b Hunter 1st battalion)

• Project Team
  • 3,950 posts
  • Projects:Remix Alpha Tester.
  •  I'm the remix alpha tester thats loves to attack n00bs... muhahah!!!

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:55 PM

Some people find them more fun some don't depends on your personality.
I find just friendly PvP or comp stomp fun enough without the omg i pawn you kinda goal.

This is why i prefer Co-op modes on FPS cos i find them more entertain then the regular deathmatch and team deathmatch sorta games.

And i don't see how it will help balance the mod because everyone has there own idea of balance, the testers can play comp stomps or PvP without a tournament to finds bugs and whats too OTT or too weak.
Even playing a skirmish you can get a feel of something being weak or too weak, Besides there is a "number" of testers witch lets us talk about what could be improved or weakened/strengthened and so forth in the staff section.

Anyways i not saying we should not have one i sure there are peaple that would enjoy it however for reasons of balancing and such is pointless as the mod is not finished yet nor is it bug free yet and so any tournament would not be 100% fair or balanced as of yet.
Phoenix™ The Forgotten Samurai
A wise man chooses death before war, A wiser man chooses not to become war.
Posted Image
Foamy!?!! Xombie!?! Awesome Cannon Rock
Everyone should watch this and pass it on as its a very good argument on the subject of Global Warming.

#10 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

If u think all ppl which wanna play in a competive way are thos "I own" u kiddies u are wrong.

#11 Gredinus

Gredinus

Weapon of mass destruction.

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  • Projects:Remix3 Support
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:13 PM

w8 for the full relese of remix.

Posted Image

#12 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 05:29 PM

Final or not does not matter really.
Bugs and Inbalance can be found in every version.

#13 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:33 PM

acctuly its becose GLA isnt finnished yet...

Posted Image

#14 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

Well, we can make specific rules then.

Which is the most active mod btw?

#15 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 28 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

The one your writeing in...
Go to the Contra mod if you want a balanced mod.

Posted Image

#16 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:05 AM

If that is the most active mod why nobody posts oder votes here to get a tourney?

#17 Gredinus

Gredinus

• Hosted
  • 1,128 posts
  •  GLA Guru

Posted 28 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

who sayed it was the moust active, its the only mod thats acctuly compleate.

Posted Image

#18 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

U said that.

Which is the most active mod btw?
The one your writeing in...

#19 Pendaelose

Pendaelose

Remix3 Modder

• Hosted
  • 5,687 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

Activity comes and goes. Quite often Remix is several times over the most active mod on Revora. If you look at activity over the past year Remix is BY FAR the most active. Rightnow I would have to say its quite though. I've had alot going on an havn't had time or interest for modding lately.

If you really want to push a tourny you should try shockwave. I think that fits thier group culture a little better.

If you want to get a tourny running with Remix or Contra thats fine too...

but honestly, I'm not interested in the "Balance" feedback from a tourny. I think you need to just post your suggestions of balance in the suggestions area and let it go. It doesn't take a lifetime of modding to learn very quickly that balance is 100% subjective, and I trust my own opinion.

If an army fits your play style you will do better with it. You can't wiegh the playstyles of every player and then assign arbitrary cost values and call it "balanced". Thats just not how it works. Play it for yourself, if you like the way it feels, good. If you have a concern that something is too strong or too weak, post it on the suggestion topic. I'll read it, and I'll either say "I think you may be right" or I'll give you advice how to better use what you thaught was weak, or I can tell you a good way to counter what you thaught was strong.

I don't need a tourny to know how the units I made will behave.

But if you want a tourny for the fun of it I recomend you try recruiting players from the Multi-Player regestration topic in Contra. send PMs and Emails. you may get a better turnout that way.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 ReLaX

ReLaX
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

Okay, no tourney.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users