168 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ar-Adunakhor_*

Guest_Ar-Adunakhor_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:24 AM

*renamed topic* /Naz
--------------------------

Hi

I've downloaded the mod and I followed the installations instructions but it doesn’t work. The game crashes when starting the mod.

(I could play beta 4 without any problems)

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by Nazgûl, 25 November 2007 - 02:26 AM.

#2 HanSolo

HanSolo
  • Members
  • 28 posts
  • Projects:Acting like a scruffylooking nerfherder.
  •  Noob

Posted 02 November 2007 - 09:38 AM

I got the same problem on two different computers. They have totally different hardware. I am just downloading the mod again, it may have gotten corrupted or something.

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

I got the same problem on two different computers. They have totally different hardware. I am just downloading the mod again, it may have gotten corrupted or something.

It’s a waist of time, I've tried it and it doesn’t work.

So, have I to reinstall the game using English as language?

#4 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

Same with me.My game is german ...4 worked fine with me ,now it works nomore :(
I hopoe anyone can help us?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Watari

Watari
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:07 PM

Also the same problem, and also german...

I will re-install it and than maybe it works.

#6 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:43 PM

Did it work?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Deadend

Deadend
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

I've got the same problem, and I've tried everything, I've downloaded it twice thinking the maybe there was a problem with the download, I've also tried reinstalling the game, and all I keep getting is "game.dat" message,

#8 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 04:33 PM

i also reinstalled it so why the fuck doesnt it work????
Man im so disappointed and really angry *angry*
Help us please!!

Edited by elbenmensch, 02 November 2007 - 04:34 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Guest_virtuti militari_*

Guest_virtuti militari_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:25 PM

I have the same problem but i think something is wrong with the SEE folder! :xcahik_:

#10 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:38 PM

hi nazgul i hope u have an answer?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

As in the past, there is nothing wrong with the folder. It works for almost everyone. So in all probability you have simply done a small mistake while installing the mod. Hopefully clonecommand can help you through this in a little bit. Like with any kind of modding-problems/questions/crashs, it is really hard to help out, unless you provide some details (the more the better) on how exactly you installed the downloaded files. Just saying that you did as described doesn't help at all, since obviously that is where it went wrong!? :xcahik_:

Edit: Once again, just calling 'help' as hard, as loud and as often as possible doesn't help. I deleted two duplicate threads with no additional info whatsoever, so don't wonder. The information needed goes along this line: Are you using VISTA? What is the exact name of the folder you put the SEE-folder in. Is the SEE.big still in there or not. What are the contents of the two editable lines of your shortcut (right-click on the shortcut and go to details for that info). Did you edit your shortcuts at all? Do you have any mod files in your game-folder?

Edited by Sûlherokhh, 02 November 2007 - 05:50 PM.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#12 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

Ok ppl... not that I usually take time for Support... but just to give some order to the situation...

1) Lets use LOGIC!
- If OTHER ppl can both download & use the mod, do you think that the mod itself is corrupt, or that your system is corrupt? :xcahik_:

2) Nowhere does it say that this mod will work regardless of installation!
- It MIGHT not work with other versions that English, but of this I'm not sure though.

3) Make sure you're not trying to run the Campaign with SEE. It will (should) start, but we can't guarantee that it will function all the way.
- This is a SKIRMISH mod, and Campaign won't be worked on more extensivly until Beta V :xcahik_:

Now, in order to leave full bug reports, you need to specify WHEN and WHERE the error occurrs.

> I do know for sure that with a normal installation of BFME2 retail version and NOT pirate copy, and with the game patched to the latest EA patch - it WILL work. I have it running as we speak.
> If you can't get it to function, you need to check that:

1 - you have an ORIGINAL copy of the game
2 - you have patched the game with EA's latest Patch (1.06)
3 - you read the Installation Instructions
4 - you are installing the Mod Folder in the correct folder by following the Instructions ^
5 - you are adjusting the shortcut to YOUR path and making sure it does no longer (as in Beta IV) use the ".big"

:xcahik_:

Edited by Nazgûl, 02 November 2007 - 05:49 PM.

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#13 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:49 PM

Well i just get a blackscreen and nothing happens...it gives ...no feedback(?????)(keine rückmeldung)
Yeah and i dont know how but 1 time i saw a message there that said something about game.dat.
I installed it the normal way i used my old exe and deleted the .big and put the see folder into the correct folder.Anyway i reinstalled it in english and i tried different exes and so on.

Doesnt work i get a blackscreen.and i have a legal copy of the game

Edited by elbenmensch, 02 November 2007 - 05:50 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:50 PM

Is your game an original copy?
Is it patched to 1.06?

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#15 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:51 PM

Both
and its in english,so this isnt the problem
err do you need exactly this shortcut in the rar file??cuz when i click on it with right mouse click the explorer dstops working...i have to restart.And could it be a problem with Vista??

Edited by elbenmensch, 02 November 2007 - 05:58 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  •  Veteran

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:57 PM

In that case... I have no idea. Sorry bro =(

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg

#17 elbenmensch

elbenmensch
  • Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:14 PM

Just know that you lost one of the biggest fans you ever had :xcahik_:
*emotionscomingup*
:xcahik_: :xcahik_:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Guest_Iriel_*

Guest_Iriel_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:19 PM

Hi all,

I have the same aforementioned problem. Original copy patched to 1.06 too. When the "game.dat" error window pops up, it basically tells me that the mod is not recognized. I get something ike this:
ModName: unknown
ModVer:0.0.0.0

If this can be of any help, I hope it can be solved :xcahik_:

(And to the team: great job anyway!)

#19 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

Just know that you lost one of the biggest fans you ever had :xcahik_:
*emotionscomingup*
:xcahik_: :xcahik_:

Hold your horses buddy. If you give up so easily, you have no business sitting at a computer. They only do what you tell them to do. All you really need to do is find out what exactly you are telling the machine, so you can find out which are the bits it can't digest. And lack of patience is definitely not helping out.

Best you wait up for clonecommand. He has shown definitely more initiative in trying pry the important bits of information out of troubled users so they could fix their problems.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#20 Guest_Virtuti militari_*

Guest_Virtuti militari_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

In that case... I have no idea. Sorry bro =(

Sorry for that duplicates this a big mestake and i would delete them my self if i could.But the problem is the same. well i see strange thing... When i paste the SEE folder into desktop and start the mod the game is running but not with this mod but the first screen with EA mark is not the same as the original game maybe thi i a part of a mod... maybe this could mean something I don't know. :xcahik_:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users